Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Need to get a good case/cover for my S3 and also a screen protector? Anyone know any good ones? Don't want a heavy duty one and re: screen protector - anything that is ultra clear. Thanks all

Never had one, never thought about having one. Why do you think you need one? (genuinely curious)

I was very much the same. I dont see the point of buying a lovely phone and then covering up. But after the hassle of having to replace my phone after dropping it, I thought it best that I protect it. I only dropped it from a small height and it smashed the screen and messed up all the back casing.

Just read that Three are rolling out JB for all S3's. I'm on Three and keep checking for updates but no luck!

I agree, my S3 took 5 drops in the 4 months I had it. It got a bit of chipped paint on the edge and that's it. It's not an iPhone, it's not going to break if you drop it. The screen is gorilla glass 2 and as long as your phone isn't in your pocket with keys it'll be free of any bad scratches.

Just read that Three are rolling out JB for all S3's. I'm on Three and keep checking for updates but no luck!

Three have been rolling out JB to their own branded handsets. If you bought an unbranded phone and put a three SIM in it, you'll have to wait. I think three have finished their upgrades now, so I suspect this describes your case.

I agree, my S3 took 5 drops in the 4 months I had it. It got a bit of chipped paint on the edge and that's it. It's not an iPhone, it's not going to break if you drop it. The screen is gorilla glass 2 and as long as your phone isn't in your pocket with keys it'll be free of any bad scratches.

Once again, I can't help but think I got the wrong phone. :(

I knocked my One X off the coffee table on to a wood floor (drop is maybe a foot, at most). The screen has a crack all of the way across it.

Once again, I can't help but think I got the wrong phone. :(

I knocked my One X off the coffee table on to a wood floor (drop is maybe a foot, at most). The screen has a crack all of the way across it.

I don't mean to rub it in, but I've dropped my s3 from the arm of my chair onto the wooden floor countless times. I can't see a mark on it.

My Captivate Glide (back to Gingerbread... for some reason Samsung didn't bother to test their ICS upgrade: the one they put out disabled the physical keyboard, which is, more or less, the only reason to own this phone) gets decent enough battery life now that I mostly always disable gps, and switch off the mobile radio and wifi as appropriate. 8 hours since I unplugged it from the charger at about 92% charged and it's only down to 65%.

I don't mean to rub it in, but I've dropped my s3 from the arm of my chair onto the wooden floor countless times. I can't see a mark on it.

I should have elaborated, I dropped mine from about 4 feet onto bricks. Not a mark on it.

Battery update

It's definitely my lack of signal at work that causes my battery to plummet.

Woke up at 5am on Saturday randomly, and somehow in my half asleep state, I remembered that I wanted to test my battery out. So I unplugged my phone, fully charged and left it (i.e. same sort of time that I'd get up for work. Slightly earlier in fact)

Spent the day using my phone more than I would do at work, understandably. Didn't rinse it, but watched a load of youtube videos, played probably an hour's worth of games (I'm addicted to "Bike Race"), texted, browsed the net etc

Still had 20% battery left when I hit the sack at about Midnight that night.

Â