PL: Man City a Match Thread 2010/05/01 15:00

limpid

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprising.

Man City: Fulop, Zabaleta, Toure, Kompany, Bridge, De Jong, Vieira, Bellamy, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor. Subs: Santa Cruz, Richards, Onouha, Wright-Phillips, Garrido, Sylvinho, Nielsen.

1 hour to kickoff. UTV!!! It's a must win in the larger context of course, but a draw would be a good result in terms of the game itselt. It's been a very good season regardless of today's result.

Not sure about this game, could really go either way, they don't look very strong apart from up front. If we can score then I think we might be able to shut them out but my money's on a draw.

Is their midfield:

Bellamy---Vieira---De Jong---Johnson?

If it is, then the battle between Vieira and Petrov will be very interesting. I think Milner can push De Jong back and that'll limit their ability to get numbers forward.

It'll be about who can get onto the front foot, if we can get Ash involved early I think we can get on top.

It's two teams that are very similarly laid out.

Bridge and Zabaleta ain't nothing special. Hopefully Downing can actually do something today.

Same for Toure and Kompany, get Carew on Toure and he should dominate him. Gabby can make a fool out of anybody.

Beye and Yong are needed though. 2 right backs is vital.

I think that it's important to remember that Luke Young can cover LB if Warnock goes off and Beye can play in the middle of defence too as well as RB. Not vital I know but the options are there if needed.

I've got real butterflies over this one, think we can do it but the backline will not to be on top top form. Bad feeling that Bellend will cause us grief today.

Come on lads!!!