PL: Man City a Match Thread 2010/05/01 15:00

limpid

Very worried about Bellamy against Cuellar.

:?

Why. He is one of our best defenders and the third best in the league, statistically. Just not very good going forward.

But, not only does Cuellar waste a few passes when going forward, he also gets caught out of position when attacking on the wing (can't blame him - he's a CB).

This could easily let Bellamy turn him, race down the wing and put a cross or shot in.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Clattenburg named as ref. I used to think he was one of the better ones but he seems to have gone downhill. I can see him losing control of this one.

He's the sort of ref that if a City players falls over in the box without being touched and all of their players/fans appeal, he will bottle it under the pressure...Is a bit of a homer as well from what I have seen.

I was feeling cautiously optimistic about this one until referee named. I don't think Clattenburg is bad or unfair, he is consistent in calling very little. He does not interfere much, but that gives Manc license to be more physical. I do not think we, as a team, handle physical challenges or a physical presence well.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic, but a little more cautious and a little less optimistic.

The standard of refereeing in the Premiership at the moment is dismal, so really it doesnt matter who it is. I feel a score draw coming on but hey this is a nothing to lose game so hopefully we just go for it.

UTV

m going for a 4-2 villa win. definitely wrong but i would love it if we went 1-0 they then equalised. we then scored 2 in quick succession in the second half they then scored in the 85th minute and we then scored a classic breakaway a la ashley young and everton to make the game safe. obviously wouldnt do nerves any good if happens but would be a match to remember!

Mate i'd just prefer a win, don't really want a classic. But i think Man City will possibly just have that extra bit of quality in the final third. Tevez being the matchwinner in my opinion, also in regards to Cuellar being skinned by Bellamy, I don't have stats to prove this, but i reckon theres been more goals against us attacking Warnock than there has been with Cuellar. The only game i remember where the RB was being constantly attacked was Zhirkov and Malouda which was against Young.

For me this has got to be 4-5-1 with Sidwell or Reo-Coker coming in.

Carew has looked a bit off lately, so he is the one to come out for me.

Considering how little we have played 4-5-1 this season I cant imagine MON will switch now.

4-4-2 will see us well beaten I feel.

Yes we have won games recently with this formation, but they were against Pompey (already relegated), Hull (soon to be relegated) and Blues (wish they were relaegated). The latter of whih had plenty of moments of dominance in the middle. Man City are above and beyond all those ive just mentioned and could roll us over very easily if we only have two in the middle.

Id play 4-5-1 with Gabby up front. Reo-Coker or Sidwell (gulp!) packing out the middle. Need to get something in this game! Its a must win - but playing Man City away is as tough as going anywhere in the country. We've beaten Man Utd and Liverpool away so perhaps that could spur us on - but I honestly cant see us even getting a point.

Bellamy and Tevez would take some stopping.

I agree with most of this except I think we can definitely get a point, it's turning that into the 3 points we need that will be tough!!

Mark Clattenburg named as ref. I used to think he was one of the better ones but he seems to have gone downhill. I can see him losing control of this one.

He's the sort of ref that if a City players falls over in the box without being touched and all of their players/fans appeal, he will bottle it under the pressure...Is a bit of a homer as well from what I have seen.

Do you mean that he eats a lot of doughnuts or that he's an aspiring novelist?

man city normally play 442 dont they (genuine question, not sure myself)

if they do, us going 442 wont be the end of the world, as normally we get dominated in the middle when other teams play 451, not 442

can see a draw at best tho, altho considered alone that would be a good result

it will be same team again, dont expect anything new

city have only lost to united and everton at home so its going to be mighty tough for us

Will be tough, i think we have to win the midfield battle.

Thinking back to the win we had over them last season (Gabby hat trick), although that was a very different Man City side we still had to win the midfield and went 4-5-1 to do it i believe.