PL: Man City a Match Thread 2010/05/01 15:00

limpid

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a big game but even if we won it I can't see us taking fourth. Even in the best case scenario it would involve Spurs slipping up at home to Bolton or away at Burnley and I just don't see that happening.

I don't think you should underestimate the pressure a win for us will give Spurs. Especially if they lose to City after that.

It's a big game but even if we won it I can't see us taking fourth. Even in the best case scenario it would involve Spurs slipping up at home to Bolton or away at Burnley and I just don't see that happening.

I don't think you should underestimate the pressure a win for us will give Spurs. Especially if they lose to City after that.

Yeah but away to Burnley, who under Brian Laws have disintegrated into one of the most pathetic football teams to ever play in the league, I just don't see it I'm afraid.

I think this game will be a score draw and thus our slim chances of 4th will evapourate as I expect Spurs to beat Bolton at the lane. It'd be nice if we went into our last home game with 4th still up for grabs but I don't think this will happen.

Guest Ricardomeister

At least we will have had a bit of a rest as in the 2nd half on Sunday a lot of the players were clearly exhausted. That gives us a chance but I still think Citeh at home will prove too strong for us, especially as Dicky and Warnock seem to be carrying injuries. We certainly have to be positive as a draw is not good enough so we have to go all out for the win. If we play at the top of our game and are clinical up front then we have a chance but I don't see that happening so 3-1 Citeh for me.

Mark Clattenburg named as ref. I used to think he was one of the better ones but he seems to have gone downhill. I can see him losing control of this one.

I used to think he was terrible but seems to have improved a bit since he mysteriously grew hair again.

We are suited away from Home and can see this game been quiet open. We base our game on getting crosses into the box and that exactly what you have to do when the opposition has a rookie keeper ( even if fulop starts still not goin to be on the same level as a regular keeper would be). Have a feeling we might nick one from a corner.

City are an excellent side and have to fancy themselves at home so hope if the result doesnt go our way that its not MON out and what a waste of a season blah blah blah.

Have a feeling though that spurs will slip up against Bolton so that would thorw the cat amongst the pigeons!

For me this has got to be 4-5-1 with Sidwell or Reo-Coker coming in.

Carew has looked a bit off lately, so he is the one to come out for me.

It terrifies me with Cuellar at RB up against Bellamy, I think he will give him a torrid time on Saturday, but I hope I'm wrong.

Backs to the wall, 1-0 win to the Villa - Dunney to break the Citeh hearts!!!!

I too feel we can win this. Citys players know they can't afford to fail - that is pressure and the manager will feel it too.

Only thing that worries me is how City are going to react playing Spurs - we need them to at least draw and preferably win.

Such a massive game. However, after the pleasant surprise of our last few ground out victories - something I never expected after ballsing up v wolves and sunderland, I'm treating whatever happens now as a bonus. 64 points, and solid chance of 6th ahead of Liverpool ( assuming chelsea do their part ) and I'll be happy. If things can go well for us here, well that's fantastic.

1-1

4-4-2 will see us well beaten I feel.

Yes we have won games recently with this formation, but they were against Pompey (already relegated), Hull (soon to be relegated) and Blues (wish they were relaegated). The latter of whih had plenty of moments of dominance in the middle. Man City are above and beyond all those ive just mentioned and could roll us over very easily if we only have two in the middle.

Id play 4-5-1 with Gabby up front. Reo-Coker or Sidwell (gulp!) packing out the middle. Need to get something in this game! Its a must win - but playing Man City away is as tough as going anywhere in the country. We've beaten Man Utd and Liverpool away so perhaps that could spur us on - but I honestly cant see us even getting a point.

Bellamy and Tevez would take some stopping.