PL: Man City a Match Thread 2010/05/01 15:00

limpid

I really think MON has to set the lads up in a way that we are at them right from the kick of, Mancini sets Man City up in a kind of pensive patient manner, control the midfield and wait for the right time to pounce. I really think if we give them no time on the ball and get right in there faces, wind them up a bit, really go for it and be unstoppable, we can win this, I fear for us if we sit back, play the ball around to much and let them have to much possession as they have players that can hurt big time.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think MON has to set the lads up in a way that we are at them right from the kick of, Mancini sets Man City up in a kind of pensive patient manner, control the midfield and wait for the right time to pounce. I really think if we give them no time on the ball and get right in there faces, wind them up a bit, really go for it and be unstoppable, we can win this, I fear for us if we sit back, play the ball around to much and let them have to much possession as they have players that can hurt big time.

MON has already said we need to get at them, let's hope we do!

What a simply massive game this is, and lets not forget, if everybody is getting wound up and excited over this have you thought about it if we win and then the last game :hooray::lol:

C'mon you Villa boys..........

I'm going for Gabby and Dunne to score and us to win 2-1.

Milner must be at the very top of his game.

Ash Young must be in there faces relentlessly.

Back 4 must be solid as a rock.

Friedal utterly reliable.

Petrov, composed, probing, vigelant, constantly looking for that opening.

Downing, If this bloke has ever been in doubt its now he needs to play out of his skin, Man City are without a keeper, we've all seen Downing almost take the back of the net out with his shooting for Boro, lets for goodness sake see it now, perleeeeeease.

Carew, Right from the first whistle, overdrive, strength, run straight threw them like a runaway juggernaut.

And Gabriel Agbonlahor, if he can do to Man City what he did to Man City last season they should rename one of the stands,"The fast as fook stand"

C'mon Villa. this is our moment, the Champions League beckons.

Amen comrade!

Looking foward to the antics whether we win, lose or draw but if we win this then it's going to be one of the best days of the decade, come on you Villa boys!

Once again I'm backing Stan for a goal.

:lol:

Well, it's got to happen sometime. Besides, whoever is in goal for them will be more likely to let in some speculative shot (Stan does a lot of those) so I think if he's going to score one it'll be here.

well lads all the draws that should have been wins (sunderland, wolves etc.) and all the losses to the likes of blackburn it comes down to this. its easy to look back and say win those 3 or so games and we have 4th stitchd up right now with 2 to play but its time for the boys and MON to prove we deserve 4th. form has been good th last month bar chelsea. we got nothing to lose might as well hit them with all that we have got and if we play good hard attacking football and have a dip and still come away with out a win then im sure i and all of you will cop that but if we go into our shells ala chelsea @ SB we will get pumped and for a team chasing CL thats not good enough.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Matty burge

Hard to see anything other than a home win. We haven't won at city for ages, and they are stronger than ever. Which means it's still likely we'll finish 7th. Still a good season AFAIC.

Definite City win here for me.

I think in our last match although we scraped a win it was clear something isn't right with the balance of the team and I expect City to expose that at home.

Still keeping fingers crossed though!

3-1 Villa...They will be 1-0 up at half time but we will come out in the second half and score 2 quick goals and score the winner in the 85th minute. Cuellar will score.

CARLOSSSSSS CUELLAR VILLA'S CENTRE HALF(right back). NAN ANANANAN NAAANAN NANANANA

Massive game, our record up there isn't good by any stretch of the imagination. A point isn't enough so we've gotta go for it. I reckon this team is a stronger unit than we've had in quite some time so I refuse to back against us. 9 points obtained from the target set with 5 games to go, fingers crossed we can make it 12 today with 3 to get at Blackburn. Up The Villa!

I've put my money where my mouth is and put a tenner on Villa to win 0-3!! A long shot I know but to be perfectly honest I'd be just as delighted with the 3 points regardless of the scoreline!! This is a must win game and if we pull it off it will have all the pundits, and quite a few people on here it has to be said, eating their words! UTV.

I've put my money where my mouth is and put a tenner on Villa to win 0-3!! A long shot I know but to be perfectly honest I'd be just as delighted with the 3 points regardless of the scoreline!! This is a must win game and if we pull it off it will have all the pundits, and quite a few people on here it has to be said, eating their words! UTV.

Next time you feel like given a tenner away -

My bank details are............

Hope ur right tho :D

I can see the usual suspects have got in with they're i told you so posts.

I haven't a clue if we'll win, but i hope we can, we've got the ability to cause them problems, just need to shackle Bellemy/Tevez/Johnson imo.

if we are winning towards late on in the game, I fear for my health.

take the first four words out of that and it describes my current concerns! such a massive game, i'm at a music festival in leeds today (almost all the venues in the city have bands on all day) but i'm gonna take a couple of hours out at 3 to watch this on a stream, can't miss it. such a massive game.