What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I would think any interest in stockpiling England stars for the future went out at Citeh when Hughes was sacked. I suspect they will be aiming higher than Milner, to be honest.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think any interest in stockpiling England stars for the future went out at Citeh when Hughes was sacked. I suspect they will be aiming higher than Milner, to be honest.

Higher than Milner? Does not compute.

Unless Milner is the star of the World Cup then City wont be interested, the Arabs are playing a game of my Camel is bigger than your Camel and their major signings will only be of the highest profile so they can boast to their buddies before the weekly beheading by the oasis.

somebody at man city will have leaked this 'interest' in order to try and unsettle us at a time when it looks like we have a chance of catching them in the league, and in particular before we play them.

It's an unsettling tactic. Man City are doing a fair bit of this to clubs around them, including Chelsea. That's what the whole Terry saga was about - they knew they wouldn't get him. Shame they have to resort to such petty actions.

Agreed re: an unsettling tactic.

However it's pretty obvious as to why they would be interested. We are in a position to only entertain serious money for him though, so they would have to cough up big (28mish). I'm not so sure about Ireland though - he had a few good games but has a rep for not taking things seriously enough and puts in nowhere near the effort of Milner.

As the article suggests, this really hinges on them getting CL this season.

I think if they don't, he won't be going there. He's progressed and is progressing very well here, so would likely stay, if Villa want him to, that is (ie would RL turn down an offer of £30m).

United are the more serious threat, if they have the money, IMO.

Much depends on RL's willingness to sell

Lets face it, it they want Milner they will likely get him because whatever we ask they can pay and if they wanted Young as well they would probably get him as well. We simply can't compete with them on a financial level nobody really can so unless players turn them down which is unlikely they will land their targets especially if they land CL football.

I can only hope they lack the sense to go for the likes of Milner or Young and instead go for names rather than up and comings.

From whats being said Citeh don't even know who there manager will be next season so not sure how much there is in this. And if I was Milner I would hold out for one of the real big clubs. I think we have at least one more season of Jimmy Milner in a Villa shirt.

Certainly unsettling.

MON stories, Lerner stories, Milner stories - not gearing up to be a great summer.

Hope Spurs get 4th ahead of City, as I don't worry about Spurs nicking our players.

Couldn't really begrudge him going to United, I think he'd flourish there, but City are just a horribly arrogant club at the moment.

Ireland and £30m will do it

You've got the 6 counties. No more :o

that made me chuckle

man city want milner? well players like carrick went for £18 million and that was some time ago, bebatov for £28 million..

milner should be a £30 million plus bracket going on the prices man utd have been paying.

if it is man city then even more, they signed de jong who was 4 months away from being a free transfer for going on £16 million, lescott £22 million, robinho £33 million and so on.. then you can add another £10 million onto that whgich would make milner an incredible £30 to 40 million.

those sort of prices you have to have a look at, we **** dwight yorke off and managed to get half a new team, we did the same with david platt.

40 million as long as we have proper targets who we can sign and i would be doing a deal.

Milner is the level of player we want to be shooting at and drafting into the side. However, he is a very good player and will be hard to keep hold of. Liverpool almost lost Gerrard a few years back to Chelsea and he's a scouser born and bred. However, Milner's attitude, his lack of agent and the fact that he has a lot of love for the club and MON will mean it'll cost whoever wants him, a lot of money.