• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference is Milner has no agent to sound out moves, the guy loves his football and i have no doubt all his interest is in is doing his best for Villa against Hull.

This. He is probably one of the only loyal players left in football too.

I presume Milner has got get out clauses in his contract with a £20m - £25m figure and clubs can approach him with some clubs named.

He'll double his wages and I cant blame him for that.

MON is going to have to be quick out the blocks :shock: and I can see this is going to be a summer of discontent.

thing is he is under contract no?

so regardless of him wanting to move or citeh offering him £500k a week, they will need to agree a fee with Villa first.

Considering we will need to find a player of that calibre and the same potential I would say we should accept nothing less than £35m. Yes it's over the odds, but like with Kaka Milan could push City up to ridiculous levels because he was under contract.

If he was to go, then £25million is a good deal. With that money we could get in Stephen Defour (8mil?) AND a striker of a good calibre who gives us options, maybe someone like Ciprian Marica?

I don't think £25m is enough tbh. He is our best player at the moment and key to us winning matches. If we are to sell him we need to use his sale to become a spring board in pushing forward. It means enough to offer existing players better contracts to keep them there. Increasing their salaries to we compete with clubs in a slightly higher wage position than we currently have.

Also we can use some money to bring in another player for £12m, ish. So really £35m is the figure we should be looking at minimum if someone comes in.

think he'll go and think it'll be around 25m. Which i think is a good price. This whole thing for me though is one of the reasons the top 4 has stayed so strong for so long. If you have players that are playing at that level then the top 4 simply take them away. Berbatov, Keane, Carrick, Barry. Would anyone be surprised to see Bale and Gomez at United next year?