• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think we are interested in player exchanges, certainly not three for one anyway (how does that help the wages budget?) No it's the money we want

My understanding is that player exchanges are not preferable where there is a player plus cash scenario as it leads to questions from the tax authorities and Randy likes things to be clear. Hence why we swapped Baros for Carew, no money changed hands but we sold Barry to City but then bought Dunne later on in a more open manner

Though you may have a point on the three players coming our way unless we can offload other players elsewhere. I was under the impression that it was the transparency angle that was the original reason we don't do those kind of deals and that predated this seasons drive to lower wages

Bickster, I believe agents don't like the concept either and they are huge influences, for example if we signed Ireland, what exactly would his signing on fee be as he's part of an exchange, a whole lot of money is lost for agents!

If we need to cut down on wages, even MORE reason to look overseas and take small risks, there is a huge pool of talent worldwide, known and unknown, it's MON's fault for signing average shite from UK and paying them high wages.

Bickster, I believe agents don't like the concept either and they are huge influences, for example if we signed Ireland, what exactly would his signing on fee be as he's part of an exchange, a whole lot of money is lost for agents!

There is also the players % fee.

All in all part exchange deals are messy and we won't do one just as we didn't last summer with the Dunne and Barry deals.

Can we add Spuds and Candleface to the thread title now?

NOTW

Pile of crap article, just like the Young one the other day.

"The midfielder is one of three players boss Harry Redknapp has targeted to drive his Champions League campaign.

He has already made a £20million bid for Aston Villa's Ashley Young and remains hopeful of bringing in Craig Bellamy from Manchester City."

Wrong. Spurs haven't bid for Ashley Young at all. Bellamy is very much a last resort target too. Spurs have already made a fairly big money bid for Luis Suarez, but the papers still haven't picked up on this.

Spurs are also in talks with City with regards to signing Micah Richards and Galatasaray about Arda Turan.

"Redknapp, who has yet to make a signing this summer, could pick up Bellamy, 31, for £4m in the City firesale."

Wrong. Spurs have already signed the Brazil under-21 captain Sandro this summer. He's a central midfielder, so he'll be competing with Palacios, Huddlestone, Jenas, Modric, Kaboul and even Kranjcar Livermore for a starting spot. So why would Redknapp spend £20m+ for another central midfielder?

"And he has also confirmed his interest in Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano, 29, as Sport of the World reported last month. "

Yet, literally seven sentences ago, the article states that Spurs are after only three players in Young, Milner and Bellamy. Fabiano would make four targets, surely.

Well done, Mr. Magee.

So, shock of shocks, tabloid journalism is basically a load of concocted bo**ocks? Too right! I can't believe the amount of shoddy, made up nonsense i'm reading in the sports press these days, from so-called 'sources close to...'

How about we all start a campaign and not read/buy these pieces of crap and hit them where it hurts?

How about we all start a campaign and not read/buy these pieces of crap and hit them where it hurts?

I'm already doing that, and have been for over a decade

well I definitely think we should head in for Ireland and Bellamy, both would be welcome.
and combined would be too expensive. Getting rid of Milner on, say , 45K per week and getting Bellamy on 50K pw and Ireland on 40K does not get a handle on salaries

I'd say that arrogant, disruptive rocket polisher in Bellamy would be demanding no less than £70K if he were to move to a rival premiership club. Good player mind...

well I definitely think we should head in for Ireland and Bellamy, both would be welcome.
and combined would be too expensive. Getting rid of Milner on, say , 45K per week and getting Bellamy on 50K pw and Ireland on 40K does not get a handle on salaries

honestly i think the issue is wages spent on players who ARENT playing, not the ones who are

its the wasted wages that need to be sorted

But then again you count out the wages of those players we surely need to moff load to free that space up. Players like NRC, Shorey, Sidwell, Davies, L. Young, Salifou, etc.

But then again you count out the wages of those players we surely need to moff load to free that space up. Players like NRC, Shorey, Sidwell, Davies, L. Young, Salifou, etc.

Is it easier to shift them, or your better players?

I'm sure we rather didn't have to Pelle and would much rather generate the money through selling our "lesser" players, but like I say it is much harder to shift those

Wouldn't mind MON whacking a deadline on the transfer like he did with Barry and Liverpool. If Citeh are that serious about Milner, they need to meet our asking price by X date or we make him see out his contract/offer him to another club. I don't like the idea that Citeh are the sole proprietors of the catalyst to what would be one of our most vital squad re-organisations.