• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posted over on Bluemoon an improved bid had been made, cant see any links to this?

unless this meets our valuation i think it will be rejected, tomorrow at BH should be interesting and no doubt the camera's will be there.

and hopefully we will no 1 way or the other whats happening as i think for both parties (AVFC and James Milner) this needs to be resolved.

I hope this isn't going to be happening every summer. It will drag on and on as MON is tryiing to get the best possible price for Milner. I don't have a problem with that but it's a very frustrating summer so far!

Is Milner likely to join up with the squad in Ireland given that he wants to go? Is there any point in him joining up? I want this deal done this week.

Squad flew back yesterday. They were going into Dublin airport as I was leaving.

just take 24 or 18 and ireland,we'll end up with a very unsettled player amd he wont sign a contract.i get the feeling that 24 is what City will offer and that will be it.

thing is, with Milner, I don't think we will end up with a completely unsettled player. He's already dealt with one such situation when Freddy Shepherd said he couldn't join us the first time when he was actually at Villa Park about to put pen to paper. He had a good season the following year (one of the few who did for Newcastle)

That bluemoon forum is sickening! Thread after thread about the players around and unlike our speculation threads they could sign any of them without a second thought!!

Their Milner thread is a bit quiet though for saying someone has claimed they've chucked in an improved bid!

The thing is that if the transfer doesnt go through i don't think it will effect milner of villa, MoN is very passinate with certain players ie Milner, Young and Gabby to name just 3, and he see's them as his kids and is why he reacted like he did.

if say tomorrow they sit down and decide if man city don't meet the fee and he definately wants to move then there maybe a compromise.

is it far fetched to think that maybe what has been printed stating he hasnt refused to sign a contract, and what our CEO has told MoN is also true, and its just his agent trying to push the move, as we all know these's agent only think of themselves and the % of commission to be made.

And maybe MoN's interview last week was to flush this out into the open.

Also MM said he's had his head turned by the wages on offer, now how is this as we havent given anyone permission to speak to him, so is MM stating he has been tapped up and if so i think MoN and Randy will stick to the valuation no matter what.

That bluemoon forum is sickening! Thread after thread about the players around and unlike our speculation threads they could sign any of them without a second thought!!

Their Milner thread is a bit quiet though for saying someone has claimed they've chucked in an improved bid!

Bluemoon is great, it's like internet crack. Threads are usually started because a paper has linked us with somebody, so we discuss it.

Anyway, the person who broke the news is called Freestyler. He's a nice guy, but his info is touch and go at times. Much much to the point though, one of our proven ITKs in Pollerz mentioned that a bid went in for £24m on Friday.

Why keep an ungrateful shit in a team he quite clearly doesn't want to be apart of?

i agree with you, but what if as i have said its just his agent pushing this and he never refused a contract, very unlikely as we know.

but we all know that he sat down with MoN and Randy before then, so why not say to them there and then he wouldnt sign, as it seems to me its his agent has told our Ceo after that meeting.

but like i said tomorrow at BH is going to be intersting and no doubt him and MoN are going to sit down and talk face to face.

If this improved bid has gone through I suppose it wont be long till we see Milner on his way outta Villa Park. Hes been great for the club but now unless there has beeen some massive kiss and make up session its pretty apparent hes on his way out. If there is disgust between him and MON best to sell himn for the offer even if its not the 30million hes valued at (inflationnnnnn).

Manchester City will pay the money. Of that I have no doubt. This is the club that offered £105m for Kaka at the end of the day. If Mancini wants James Milner, his employers will purchase him.

They're treating us like Everton. I really respect Everton, I honestly do. However, we're worlds apart in regards to finance than Everton, just like City are with us. We have a billionaire owner - he may not be the richest out there, but he's a damn sight richer than Bill Kenwright. We don't have to budge on our James Milner valuation at all.

£24m for Joleon Lescott and Everton was too good a price to turn down. James Milner is worth more than Lescott as a player, and he's at a club that are financially sound. We should definitely demand a bit more money and like I said, we'll get it.

£30m for James Milner =

Stephen Ireland: £9m

Aiden McGeady: £9m

Robbie Keane: £6m

= £24m with £6m spare, or thereabouts.

I'd be sad to see Milner go, but that's only because we grow to like our players. I was more disheartened by Gareth's departure, it doesn't compare to that. Ashley Young is the one we need to keep, as long as he stays we'll be fine.

In conclusion, the sale of James Milner will make us a stronger team and squad imo if the money is used correctly. I believe MON will use the money to make us stronger.

Looks like an Irish spending summer then. We had enough of England now? Trying out Ireland?

Does it matter?

I believe those three will come. At least I hope so, anyway.