• £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidwell was excellent at reading and signed by mourinho

NRC was u21 captain

Davies was being spoken as the next rio Ferdinand

Heskey was in good form when we needed a striker.

Now these signings haven't worked perfectly but do people think these players didn't have other options? We gave them good wages so they'd pick us over other teams. I'm afraid we're not a club that's somattractive players will be prepared to be paid less in order to play for them.

We're never going to sign all good players that work out so we'll always have players that need to move on on high wages. I'm sure spurs, city and Liverpool have the same.

I think randy does want those played sold but I'd be very surprised if he is looking to replace MON because of it.

And as for Milner, I'm not worried, we showed with Barry that we will make sure we get what we want or he won't be going

Sidwell was excellent at reading and signed by mourinho

NRC was u21 captain

Davies was being spoken as the next rio Ferdinand

Heskey was in good form when we needed a striker.

Now these signings haven't worked perfectly but do people think these players didn't have other options? We gave them good wages so they'd pick us over other teams. I'm afraid we're not a club that's somattractive players will be prepared to be paid less in order to play for them.

We're never going to sign all good players that work out so we'll always have players that need to move on on high wages. I'm sure spurs, city and Liverpool have the same.

I think randy does want those played sold but I'd be very surprised if he is looking to replace MON because of it.

And as for Milner, I'm not worried, we showed with Barry that we will make sure we get what we want or he won't be going

Sidwell- He was good at Reading and Mourinho signed him on a free to prove a point to the Chelsea board that he wasn't getting enough money at the time, he signed Ben Haim also

NRC- He was u21 captain, look at him now, we've ruined him, when he came here he was 1 of the best young english CMs around, he almost made the 2006 WC squad if I remember rightly

Davies- Probably also gone backwards in his time at villa, largely due to injuries that have plagued him throughout his career though, I still rate him though and hope he gets his career back on track

Heskey- I'm sure he had about 3 goals that season, to pay £3.5m for a then 30 year old who was out of contract at the end of the season was madness

The fee is between GBP25 and 28m apparently, re-confirmed by the person who told me same a couple of months ago.

Whether that is cash or inlcudes players, I don't know.

I like Milner, but that is huge money for such a player.

I would happily give him a lift!

If it wasn't these players then it would be others we'd be talking about getting rid of who are being paid too much because we are never going to just sign players that work out and continue to be good enough as we progress and we're not going to sign players on low wages because they'll just go elsewhere.

It's just not possible to go from where we were to where we are now buying a whole new squad and not have players on high wages who are no longer wanted.

well mon authorised stupid wage demands for lame average players like sidwell and heskey so therefore i dont blame randy completely.
I don't believe for a minute that Lerner forks out money on MON's say-so without any proper scrutiny. It would be a shockingly lax way to run a football club/business if he did.

People trying to defend him and cast MON (as always) as the evil one in this story are in fact depicting Lerner in a very bad light.

Davies- Probably also gone backwards in his time at villa, largely due to injuries that have plagued him throughout his career though, I still rate him though and hope he gets his career back on track

Heskey- I'm sure he had about 3 goals that season, to pay £3.5m for a then 30 year old who was out of contract at the end of the season was madness

absolutely agree with all of that, espically the heskey part. if you think about it him and harewood cost 7.5m, we could have got bent, or defoe for a extra couple mil. shocking

The fee is between GBP25 and 28m apparently, re-confirmed by the person who told me same a couple of months ago.

Is that ITK TT or just idol rumouring about a possible deal to be completed this week?

lads, everyones focussing on the wage bill in the wrong way

yes, cutting it is imperitive... but i dont think its cutting it for first teamers that's the issue. its getting the players mon has signed and doesnt use off the wage bill, with a warning never to **** things up so badly again on the wage front. i cant see randy having issues paying guys who are ACTUALLY playing football

so far as i can see it hes just sick of paying for mons mistakes to sit on their arses

Think there is something in this personally ! Also Randy does have the money but wants to see the club get itself into a position where it can stand on it's own 2 feet .

Then Randy is a fool on two counts

1. Long gone are the days of winning the league with 14 plyaers, so if we get rid of those not deemed good enough we still need a squad of decent players we can use

2. There is no way this club is going to make Champions laegue / challenge for the title by standing on its own two feet

And I do not believe Randy is a fool by the way

I don't believe for a minute that Lerner forks out money on MON's say-so without any proper scrutiny. It would be a shockingly lax way to run a football club/business if he did.

People trying to defend him and cast MON (as always) as the evil one in this story are in fact depicting Lerner in a very bad light.

who is the manager though? lets take sidwell as an example mon would ahve most likely said to randy i wnat this player he wnats x amount and i vreally think he will add value to teh team in the coming years

randy would then authorise it. but mon for me is the one as he has the say who he targets and if he feels that person is worth the wages, signing on fee that is being asked for

Is that ITK TT or just idol rumouring about a possible deal to be completed this week?

A close associate and friend who is attached on a higher level at a major PL club and never bullshits.

To get anything out of him is always difficult, so what he says tends to turn out to be the truth.

anything above 25m for me would be a brilliant deal for us

i hope we can get about 23m and ireland

No chance IMO, If we get around 25m for Milner we can expect to pay the best part of 10 for Ireland. Around 15 million would represent a fantastic bit of business though.

I seriously doubt we get him cheap as there will probably be a lot of clubs sniffing around him.

Think there is something in this personally ! Also Randy does have the money but wants to see the club get itself into a position where it can stand on it's own 2 feet .

We aren't even nearly there yet and he is pulling the funding? Strange way of accomplishing that goal. I had the impression that a large part of our high wage bill came from a rather large non-player staff contingent employed by the club? If this really is true I assume that Lerner is very much keeping his eyes open for a replacement for MON?

Re the Non players don't think they are cutting back they have just employed another person who was at Blues to work in the Press Office / Media office .

He isn't pulling the funding I think he is just taking stock and saying we have spent nigh on 30 mill on players either MON won't play or just sitting on a bench . Trouble is we just simply can't compete money wise with the big boys

ireland isnt very popular at citeh if reports are to belived, furthermore they ahve a massive squad they nee dto flog some off.

villa should ask for ireland and 20m thats close to 30m and also we get one of their players off their wage bill.

i think we should certainly not give the imprssion we have to buy to sell as now we look desperate for cash

MysteryMan, keep us updated with any goings on.

Milner is returning and I think a lot of us expect to see some developments sooner rather than later.