• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Anything about Milner from the Villa end yet? Our end seems to think it's a done deal with the club, and the lad will sign for 5 years?

Not many leaks in the good ship Villa when it comes to transfers, but as you speculated a few pages ago we're probably trying to line up some replacements before driving Jimmy at top speed up the M6.

I'm sure his wages will soften the blow a little but he'll be gutted to get thrown out on the wing at Citeh. Playing CM has been the making of him imo.

I don't want to sell him, even if we get 100m. Because we can't replace him with a player of his quality. What other player as good as Milner would want to come to, what is now essentially a feeder club thats destined for top 6 and nothing higher?

If we sell Milner then I seriously can't see myself getting excited about villa matches anymore

I don't want to sell him, even if we get 100m. Because we can't replace him with a player of his quality. What other player as good as Milner would want to come to, what is now essentially a feeder club thats destined for top 6 and nothing higher?

If we sell Milner then I seriously can't see myself getting excited about villa matches anymore

Everton sold Rooney, improved.

Spurs sold Berbatov, improved.

We sold Barry, improved.

I'm sure there are many more.

I'm almost certainly having a severe 'blonde' moment but who the feck is DJ? (as in "Ash, Gabby and DJ")

Downing

It all makes sense now.....

Its his stage name, he is a DJ in his spare time

I've heard he's a footballer in his spare time......

You've heard wrong there then mate!

I have to be honest anything above 20 mil in my opinion has to be a good deal for Milner but the repercussions could cause more problems than the money is worth imo .

Take the replacement/'s , the most likely players we will sign would be someone in the mould of scott parker an aging player who is noware near as good as milner , or a youngster who maybe in time (like Delph) might be , but what for the coming season , we all would hope for a van der vart but deep down we know its not going to happen.

In the eyes of the rest of the league we are starting to look like a feeder club of sorts , which is a great shame considering the expectations we had just a few years ago .

Im not blind in seeing that yes in the last few years we have improved year on year but imo we dont look like improving upon 6th place ,ok maybe 5th at a real push ?

But is that what we want ? happy to contend with ?>

I know the word "man city" will pop up and the fact that we cant compete with them , and i realise that , so I guess this begs the question does Randy need to sell up ? again Im a massive fan of his and all that he has done for us , but if like me you dream that one day villa will win the league again (maybe champions of europe ) then I firmly believe the only way is for new owners with more money .

sigh... If he goes, I think we will really struggle over the next season. I was pretty positive when Barry left. I was a bit shocked over him leaving the sacks of shit that are Citeh (really despicable little club), but I felt pretty positive despite that. This one does not feel as good unfortunately. And on a personal level, it really is getting harder and harder to enjoy football when it seems impossible to keep our best players.

I guess this begs the question does Randy need to sell up ? again Im a massive fan of his and all that he has done for us , but if like me you dream that one day villa will win the league again (maybe champions of europe ) then I firmly believe the only way is for new owners with more money .

No offence, but this disgusts me and is in ky opinion everything that's wrong with football.

I do mean no offence though as you're entitled to your opinion- indeed probably more people share it than share my archaic view that a football club is about more than winning/buying trophies.

If Milner has been a **** about this, and I dont know that he has, I dont blame Randy for changing his mind.

Its gutting but if he wants out no matter what, **** him.