• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it appears Villa will have to drop their asking price for the star if he is to push through a move to City.

why would we do that if we dont want to sell him? this is great news. give him a new deal and we can move forward more

A lot of speculation about Ireland, Onahua, SWP and Richards but I think the player that we ought to really be going for if we are to let Milner go in a cash + player swap is Joe Hart. Hart & Ireland + 12m would be really good business.

a tad optimistic I think! I'd take Hart and Ireland + £5m

I'd take Hart and Ireland and £0 if he really wants to go. I'd rather keep James Milner though regardless.

Pointless exercise picking apart a Mirror article (it's far too easy) but I found this quite amusing...

Villa are holding out for around £28m which looks hugely overpriced given England's dismal World Cup campaign after a last 16 thrashing to Germany.

...and yet...

Milner performed creditably against Slovenia and was one of the few England players to turn in a reasonable display against Germany before being subbed.

So, England played terribly so we should lower price, yet in the very same article they highlight that Milner was arguably the best England player there so we should hold out for the price we want? They really are **** eejits.

I'd give Citeh 3-5 seasons before they find themselves in the same shit as Liverpool do now; no silverware, crippled with debt, zero stability.

Yes, France were crap at the world cup so I think we should make a bid for Ribery - I am sure he'll be going quite cheap now....

Ireland's a better player than Ribery. Injuries have ruined him and he's about the most overrated player in world football now.

And he (allegedly) likes sex with little girls.

Ireland's a better player than Ribery.

I wouldn't go that far but the ribery hype is over the top IMO. We need to get this milner deal sorted one way or the other by the end of next week. Either get him to sign a new deal or sell, not sure which one I prefer, probably the former.

Richard could i just a question? iirc you started a thread directed towards mr lerner asking, if he would/could not provide enough funds to take us to the next level, to sell to some one that could. so if in your opinion city are killing the game, would you be happy for us to do the same?
I absolutely do not like the fact that money is dominating the game to the extent that it will evetually destroy it. However, if we want Villa to be successful, if the clubs stated aim of champions league football is to be fulfilled then quite simply we have to have the money to compete as it is currently a money game

Richard could i just a question? iirc you started a thread directed towards mr lerner asking, if he would/could not provide enough funds to take us to the next level, to sell to some one that could. so if in your opinion city are killing the game, would you be happy for us to do the same?
I absolutely do not like the fact that money is dominating the game to the extent that it will evetually destroy it. However, if we want Villa to be successful, if the clubs stated aim of champions league football is to be fulfilled then quite simply we have to have the money to compete as it is currently a money game

I tend to agree. However, there is at present only one Manchester City. There is no evidence to suggest that Mr Lerner cannot, or will not provide the funds to help us to the 'next level'. Infact I would suggest he already has done. Whether that money has been spent wisely is up for debate quite rightly.

Lest we forget he isn't the only American owner in this league. The grass is rarely greener.

But it appears Villa will have to drop their asking price for the star if he is to push through a move to City.

What asking price?? I'm pretty sure we have stated that we don't want to sell him.

The mirror is becoming about as good as the shite other sites that get quoted!

Yes, France were crap at the world cup so I think we should make a bid for Ribery - I am sure he'll be going quite cheap now....

not convinced by this rumour of him needing to be at the centre of everything leading to the rift with gourcuff though

and huge transfer fee ignored, there is still the near fact that he's want a 6 figure sum every week

Thanks for the reply.

could not agree more

not convinced by this rumour of him needing to be at the centre of everything leading to the rift with gourcuff though

and huge transfer fee ignored, there is still the near fact that he's want a 6 figure sum every week

I was just making comment on the suggestion that Milner's value would drop because England played shit - not actually suggesting we would be in for Ribery but that logic carried over then most of the French players would be available for a croissant and a six-pack of frog's legs.

Right, so what you are saying, is that winning a European Cup in living memory means that you're a top club? Just as Forest must be twice as big as you then? I can dismiss it as something Villa won "28 years ago", because..well...err...Villa won it 28 years ago.

What have you won in the last 28 years?

I was just making comment on the suggestion that Milner's value would drop because England played shit - not actually suggesting we would be in for Ribery but that logic carried over then most of the French players would be available for a croissant and a six-pack of frog's legs.

And Robinho would be the most expensive player in the world. MON stated he would want £75m for A Young, what do you think he will want for Milner? I reckon it will be alot more than even M City will offer.

Here's a novel idea, why don't we just not engage with irritating fans of other clubs on here? They are even engaging with each other now it seems, on a VILLA forum.

I think Man City fans should just keep their feet on the ground imo.

I'm not going to lie, top players coming in to Villa would excite me as it is for most City fans. But the spending could work or come back and bite 'em if it doesn't work within' the next season (with the money spent the chairman and board will want a rapid return of their investment, minted or not). Either way we shall see. But I think you should just have that more respect towards our club. We are a big club if you like it or not. Ask anyone who KNOWS FOOTBALL. When I say 'KNOWS FOOTBALL' I mean someone who has followed it for a long time not just any Joey who don't know heads from tails.

My opinion of City isn't low. Nor is it high (and i think the same goes for you to Villa) but I wouldn't talk about YOUR club the way you have about mine.

Winning the European Cup 28 years ago? Yep thats right only 3 other English clubs to do so. You cannot say much on it. The club is proud of our past and what we have achieved. City would do the same if you win it in 2012 come 28 years later see if you and all the city fans wont still be talking about it.

Okey we ain't won much since but ermmmm not many clubs have?!