What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Interestingly the 'take it or leave offer' by Man City was reported as £25m in the Sunday Mirror and is now £27m according to the Star. Meanwhile Mancini is on the beach in Sardinia (pic in the Sunday Times). I love these in depth stoies!!

Did he have the scarf on in the beach?

Zatman, I do so wish I could say yes to that! :lol:

Scarf or no scarf Man City don't need Mancini around to sign a player. Their CEO Garry Cook is in charge of player recruitment.

Maybe not but my point was that there are very mixed messages from the media.

I totally agree with you about "mixed messages from the media!" It's farcical the way they actually make a living out of being ill informed lying idiots. :lol:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like milner and would like him to stay, however £25-30 mill is silly money and could well work in our favour if shrewdly invested...

like someone said above, he aint that good, my only worry though is he still seems to be improving rapidly, and in another year or two maybe he will be that good...

I wonder whether Randy was telling us he's already being sold when he said "sell to buy". Done deal, if the price is right. Oh, Paulanddonya, great post. Agree with all of it.

see now this is what gets me, so many people had different views on that statement, myself i read it that Randy wants us get rid of the players MoN doesn't want before we go out and buy again and anything made from them sales would be used in conjuction with the rest of the transfer kitty we have.

I also read in that statement that no player would be sold that MoN doesnt want to sell, and i believe Milner comes into this, i believe that no matter what Man City or anyone offer if MoN and milner himself decide that Jimmy is to stay the i think all bid's will be rejected.

I think that the GB saga proved that point and i think the way GB and Liverpool went about it, was why we were willing to sell for less a season later or even let himn go for nothing if he had stayed.

With Milner i just can't see him going down the GB route for a transfer and if he made it clear to MoN and Randy he wanted to leave then aslong as we got the Price that MoN and Randy were happy with then he'd go.

I know we dont have an endless pot of money and i wouldnt really want it either, but i'd never swap Randy Lerner for any other chairman out there.

When I said "but realises he can hit the heights playing for Villa" I had meant for England Richard. But, as has been said I still see top 4 as a target we should not see as beyond us as a club next season.

As far as the potential sale is concerned I think that every player at any club has a price and for Martin that may be £30m and his pick of Ireland or whoever else he might want in part-exchange. The difference for me is that we will sell only if we want to or the player makes his position clear about wanting away (as did Barry). Under the former chairman we would have taken their first bid which would no doubt not been as high to start with as we are now accepted as reluctant sellers where in the past we were not quite that. :winkold:

Delph will be quality, just you watch!

Milner is a known quantity and is quality. Delph may get to the same level, but may well not. Selling Milner, with the assurances that Delph's bound to come good, is a risky way to progress.

He is an established player but is he worth £30million?

If O'Neill spent that money wisely we could be better off come the start of the season. The key is to make a form decision and not let it drag on all summer like the Lescott transfer last season.

I'd accept around £23 million, plus Ireland.

This.

And we would have the better deal IMO a very good replacement and money to spend.

This.

And we would have the better deal IMO a very good replacement and money to spend.

Am I the only one who thinks Ireland is a talented yet lazy nutbar who is nothing like Milner and would certainly not work in a midfield two with Petrov? Ireland is not a like for like replacement for Milner in any shape or form, he is more of a Sidwellesque player.. though obviously better.

This.

Am I the only one who thinks Ireland is a talented yet lazy nutbar who is nothing like Milner and would certainly not work in a midfield two with Petrov? Ireland is not a like for like replacement for Milner in any shape or form, he is more of a Sidwellesque player.. though obviously better.

Agree Ireland would be a good player to have in a 3 man midfield or when pressing a game for a late goal, but no way he could play in the two man midfield MON favours

I wonder whether Randy was telling us he's already being sold when he said "sell to buy". Done deal, if the price is right. Oh, Paulanddonya, great post. Agree with all of it.

see now this is what gets me, so many people had different views on that statement, myself i read it that Randy wants us get rid of the players MoN doesn't want before we go out and buy again and anything made from them sales would be used in conjuction with the rest of the transfer kitty we have.

I also read in that statement that no player would be sold that MoN doesnt want to sell, and i believe Milner comes into this, i believe that no matter what Man City or anyone offer if MoN and milner himself decide that Jimmy is to stay the i think all bid's will be rejected.

I think that the GB saga proved that point and i think the way GB and Liverpool went about it, was why we were willing to sell for less a season later or even let himn go for nothing if he had stayed.

With Milner i just can't see him going down the GB route for a transfer and if he made it clear to MoN and Randy he wanted to leave then aslong as we got the Price that MoN and Randy were happy with then he'd go.

I know we dont have an endless pot of money and i wouldnt really want it either, but i'd never swap Randy Lerner for any other chairman out there.

I think that sums up my thoughts entirely.

Milner is currently one of the England teams better players according to Capello and also according to what I've just seen on sky sports in the friendly that's just finished 3-0 to England.

Delph is a young man with real potential but to say he is better than Milner is just plain wrong. When he comes back fully fit after his severe knee injury he will still have a lot to learn and he will also need to play a lot of matches if he is to fulfil his undoubted potential.

It's a good job no-one said it then..

Our means is considerably higher than it was under HDE. Just because the term is being used doesn't mean we're under the same restrictions. You'll probably find that Chelsea spend 'within their means' too.

Exactly what i was going to say.

If Solihull Moors spend within their means it's pennies. if Man City spend within their means it's hundreds of millions of pounds.

The term is relative.

"within our means" now stands for a lot more money than it did under Doug.

Have we spent within our means since Randy got here? What do you class as "our means"?

Our means is considerably higher than it was under HDE. Just because the term is being used doesn't mean we're under the same restrictions. You'll probably find that Chelsea spend 'within their means' too.

Exactly what i was going to say.

If Solihull Moors spend within their means it's pennies. if Man City spend within their means it's hundreds of millions of pounds.

The term is relative.

"within our means" now stands for a lot more money than it did under Doug.

Have we spent within our means since Randy got here? What do you class as "our means"?

I take "within our means" to mean spending cash without putting the club in financial trouble.

Whether that comes from the chairman's pocket, the revenue of the club or the sale of current players is irrelevant really.

Within our means now is a more than it was under Doug because we have a richer chairman. I don't believe "within our means" to mean we have to break even or anything like that. it just simply means we won't be plunging the club into debt just to spend loads of money.

So yes, i think we have spent within our means since Randy got here, because we've been able to afford it without taking out ridiculous loans or selling players left right and centre.

This.

I can't think of ANYONE that would work well enough with Petrov to make us top4.

I don't think Ireland is 'Sidwellesque', he's far more attacking than Sidwell.

Much respec to Chorlton and the Wheelies.