What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Loyalty? Errrr no. Fans have loyalty. Not players. You earn a living. You go where the best offer is. Simples.

when fans talk about loyalty it's a one way street.

If milner was shit he'd get stick on the pitch and we'd all want him sold. As he's good we want loyalty from him.

I'm starting to think he may go but we'll get stupid money for him so it won't be a terrible situation

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul you are obviously getting wound up but just because you say FACT doesn't actually make it so does it?

Er with Mr Osbourne - it is, and I know it is 100%.

I cant say how, just trust me, it is !

Was this as 100% as your assertation that Eboué, Rosicky, Carrick and Rodwell were all better than Milner?

It's still worth repeating it's so hilarious.

You see you are talking shite when you come out with stuff like that.

Who do you trust as a manager.

Me ?

O'Neill ?

Fergusun ?

Mancini ?

Ancelotti ?

Now personally, although I reckon I could be a successful premier league manager, I trust Ancelotti and Fergusun to be "not too shabby"

Now, they both left Barry alone (even though they had the chance)

They are both leaving Milner alone

But they are tapping up Rodwell like bloody mad !.

Now personally, just coz you just see B6 as the be-all and end-all of football (well, actually, so do I) , I also look around and see that other clubs have players that are actually better than ours.

And believe me, Jack Rodwell will be the next Ryan Giggs at Man U !

Don't blelieve me if you want. But I think I'd trust Fergie a little ! Just open your eyes a little will ya, I presume you were one of those saying last year that Ashley Young was 10 times the player of Nani and valencia !

You should listen very carefully to Paulanddonya, I remember him saying that BROS were going to be bigger than the beatles on the way to an away game in the 80's

If Milner does go it just shows that we arent really trying to break the top 4.

I dont agree. Would it show we are trying to break the top 4 if we went out and bought 2 equivalents of Milner ? - One in the middle and one up front with the money we sold him for ?

It is possible - we spent load of money on Milner, wondering if it was too much and look what he might be going for now. That could be as much as 18m profit if the figures talked about are in fact correct.

I say excellent business and lets do the same again with a few more purchases.

Barry was the same though. If we can get the money for Milner we could rebuilt. He is far from irreplaceable.

I dont agree. Would it show we are trying to break the top 4 if we went out and bought 2 equivalents of Milner ? - One in the middle and one up front with the money we sold him for ?

It is possible - we spent load of money on Milner, wondering if it was too much and look what he might be going for now. That could be as much as 18m profit if the figures talked about are in fact correct.

I say excellent business and lets do the same again with a few more purchases.

well it was a few years ago we had him on loan was it not?

so year we could get lucky with 2 great £8m bargins for a 19year old milner mk II, but unless you want to get top 4 after 2015, we need someone who is already as good as Milner if not better (because Milner will get better), therefore costing more money.

James Milner wants crunch talks with Aston Villa BEFORE the World Cup to resolve his future after Man City firmed up their interest in him.

Mega-rich City have had an opening £20million bid rejected for Villa midfielder Milner after the star's superb season.

And Milner,24, now wants Villa to either convince him of the club's ambitions and tie him to a new contract - or let him to go City for around £30million.

Milner is attempting to arrange collective talks with Villa boss Martin O'Neill, owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Falkener before jetting to South Africa.

But the ace only has three days off before England fly to South Africa on World Cup duty.

He is anxious to leave for this summer's tournament with his future mapped out so he can concentrate on England.

Milner is indebted to O'Neill for helping progress his career since joining from Newcastle in August 2008 for £12million.

And he now has just two years left on his £45,000-a-week contract at Villa Park.

Villa want Milner to pen a new deal after the World Cup to make him their new highest earner above Ashley Young on £65,000-a-week.

And Milner is willing to discuss new terms providing the club still have realistic ambitions of making the top four and the Champions League.

But the star has been alarmed by Lerner's recent admission Villa must now sell-to-buy.

And he knows he could eclipse his salary by switching to Eastlands where significantly his silverware prospects would also be greater.

But he is represented by the PFA and they are determined to avoid any acrimonious negotiations.

I was not aware Milner was alarmed by this!

And I'm not alarmed by the constant shite being printed. Not a quote in sight!

Next...

James Milner wants crunch talks with Aston Villa BEFORE the World Cup to resolve his future after Man City firmed up their interest in him.

Mega-rich City have had an opening £20million bid rejected for Villa midfielder Milner after the star's superb season.

And Milner,24, now wants Villa to either convince him of the club's ambitions and tie him to a new contract - or let him to go City for around £30million.

Milner is attempting to arrange collective talks with Villa boss Martin O'Neill, owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Falkener before jetting to South Africa.

But the ace only has three days off before England fly to South Africa on World Cup duty.

He is anxious to leave for this summer's tournament with his future mapped out so he can concentrate on England.

Milner is indebted to O'Neill for helping progress his career since joining from Newcastle in August 2008 for £12million.

And he now has just two years left on his £45,000-a-week contract at Villa Park.

Villa want Milner to pen a new deal after the World Cup to make him their new highest earner above Ashley Young on £65,000-a-week.

And Milner is willing to discuss new terms providing the club still have realistic ambitions of making the top four and the Champions League.

But the star has been alarmed by Lerner's recent admission Villa must now sell-to-buy.

And he knows he could eclipse his salary by switching to Eastlands where significantly his silverware prospects would also be greater.

But he is represented by the PFA and they are determined to avoid any acrimonious negotiations.

I was not aware Milner was alarmed by this!

And I'm not alarmed by the constant shite being printed. Not a quote in sight!

Next...

Agreed. That entire article is bullshit...

City fan here, comes in peace.

I think James Milner's words about silverware are key. Whilst he might have a better chance of winning things here than at Villa Park in the medium term, we're nowhere near that level yet, and mightn't ever be. If United bid for him, or Chelsea, or even Arsenal should they sell Fabregas, then he'll most likely go there rather than to us.

Sadly, Milner's arrival would almost certainly see us move Stephen Ireland on, which will be sad, but he's not performed over the last year, and unfortunately players are only judged on their last season nowadays. Stephen Ireland is as good a young player as i've ever seen, better than Milner, but the new gaffer doesn't fancy him so that's that.

From a Villa view, though, let's say a deal was made at around £25m, possibly a bit more. Whilst disappointing to lose your best player, O'Neill makes players, and i'm sure he'll buy wisely, spending the cash on three or four signings and that being enough for you to improve again next season.

Milner is a good player and he works his bollocks off but i dont think he is anything special its a shame Delph got injured because i think he would have had a great chance to shine pre-season and show what he can do. £30 million would be very very good business for us but i think players in exchange instead of the money would be better. We need a right back if Luke Young is on his way and i trust Martin to make Micah Richards a very good one, Santa Cruz was another he was interested in before City paid stupid money and if they do take Milner thats Barry back on the bench so i for one would not mind seeing him back in Claret and Blue. Not sure how much that lot would be worth if you bought them so lets have one other player say Bellamy or SWP and make the deal!

Milner is a good player and he works his bollocks off but i dont think he is anything special its a shame Delph got injured because i think he would have had a great chance to shine pre-season and show what he can do. £30 million would be very very good business for us but i think players in exchange instead of the money would be better. We need a right back if Luke Young is on his way and i trust Martin to make Micah Richards a very good one, Santa Cruz was another he was interested in before City paid stupid money and if they do take Milner thats Barry back on the bench so i for one would not mind seeing him back in Claret and Blue. Not sure how much that lot would be worth if you bought them so lets have one other player say Bellamy or SWP and make the deal!

and lets have Joe Hart for good measure.

we once sold Gray, Deehan & Gidman all in one summer.....we thought it was the end of the world.

we went on to win the league and the Euro Cup........ que sera sera.

we once sold Gray, Deehan & Gidman all in one summer.....we thought it was the end of the world.

we went on to win the league and the Euro Cup........ que sera sera.

Imagine if VT existed back then.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2981405/Chelsea-join-fight-for-Milner.html

CHELSEA will fight Manchester City for England midfield star James Milner.

City have tabled a £30million offer after Aston Villa rejected their initial £25m bid.

But now Chelsea have joined the race and Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti believes the lure of Champions League football will prove a trump card.

Both City and Villa missed out on a top-four finish as Tottenham clinched the final Champions League spot ahead of them.

And Chelsea believe an opportunity for Milner to play at the highest level in Europe will see them win the day.

Milner, 24, refused to commit his future to Villa when tackled about the subject and is known to be fiercely ambitious after breaking into the England side this term.

So the chance to team up with international colleagues John Terry, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole could prove irresistible.

Milner, who can also play at right- back, has two years left on his £40,000-a-week contract and Villa boss Martin O'Neill wants to open talks on a new deal after the World Cup.

But Chelsea will dwarf any new deal Villa could put on the table as O'Neill battles to keep one of his key men.

Chelsea say they are ready to go the distance for Milner after missing out to City on Brazilian striker Robinho two summers ago.

A Chelsea insider said: "Losing out to City for Robinho was embarrassing at the time, even if it did turn out to be a lucky escape.

"But we are determined to get our man this time and we are very confident it will happen."

Milner, speaking at England's training camp in Austria, hinted he would be willing to move.

When asked if he would like to stay at Villa, Milner replied pointedly: "I've enjoyed my time at Aston Villa, it's a great club to be at. But all I am thinking about is England."

Villa owner Randy Lerner insists Villa will fight to keep Milner. He said: "We're going to do everything we can to keep him."

Well if we do lose him we're going to have be d*ckhead and make sure we get equal benefits too, he is one of our key men.

-EDIT- actually just realised, could go in the speculation thread so my bad..

Yorke came and went as did Barry and we still had a good season last year.

I am not sure in the case of Yorke we ever quite got over his loss; looking back the money never really replaced him.

Yorke was a genuine 20 goal a season striker with the quality to create something out of nothing. I would in las 20 years only Cantona, Rooney and Ronaldo could be considered better strikers for Man U. So all in all very hard to replace.

Milner will be difficult to replace, it can be done though, but I would prefer to keep him if 25 mill is the best we can get for him, that would only get us 2 or three decent players and they wouldn't have anywhere near the current standing of Milner. I do think the squad needs freshening up, so Milner leaving could be a blessing if we get in excess of 30 mill for him.