What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Yeah - utter hilarious how I think he's a good player !

Hence Man City's £20m bid for him.

Oh, hang on...

What a complete and utter STUPID STUPID STUPID statement

Sorry but that has got to be the most ridiculous statement ever made on Villatalk - and I've been accused of a few.

So , lets get this right. James Milner must be better than Eboue because Man City want to buy Milner for 20m and don't want to buy Eboue ? - do I get this right.

Therefore, and I think I understand here - Craig Bellamy must be better than Wayne Rooney - because Man City signed him instead.

Or maybe, Nigel de Jong , is better than Frank Lampard and Ronaldo as Man City bought him instead of them.

Fecking unbelievably ridiculous. Sorry to ask - are you 6 ?

:clap:

No offence, but your arguement of cause Arsenal have him, he must be better is just as ridicolous.

Do you rate Bendtner above Torres?

Do you rate Denilson above Gerrard?

the list is endless, judge players on their ability, not who they play for. Most of the time, the best players are playing at the best clubs but sometimes you get big clubs with SQUAD players because they CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY £25 MILLION FOR A BACK UP RB/RM!!!

Think about what your saying.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ashley is our top earner, 65k

carew comes 2nd with 50k

heskey and milner both 45k

osbourne 4k

Release Heskey and Carew and double Milners wages. Piece o' piss.

Stop judging players on who they play for for Godness sake. Just judge them on their ability.

Paulanddonya, you can't just automatically say that because someone plays for Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea that they are better than Villa players.

Infact, we finished above Liverpool does that make Heskey better than Torres because he plays for a club doing better? No of course it doesn't.

Man United, Chelsea would love to have Milner but they also would love to lots of other players and to be fair, Milner will be one of the most over-priced players they can go for so I doubt they will move for him when there are other options available. Just because they might not go for Milner doesn't suddenly mean everyone one of United's players are better than Man United players.

Is Diouf better than Agbonlahor? according to you, he is.

JESSSSSSSSUS

Here is the point

If someone (lets say Jonathan Greening) plays 15 games for Man Utd, then gets sold, it is fair to say, he isn't to a standard that Man U expect

Michael Carrick has played 188 times for Man Utd.

Is this hard to understand - you do not play 188 times for a club like Man Utd if you are not top class.

Man Utd are the creme de la creme - along with Barca and Real - they buy players, some players dont work - they get shot of quickly (Forlan perfect example)

Michael Carrick has played 188 times for Man Utd - how many other players have played 188 times for Man Utd ? - go on.

You only play 188 times for a club like Man U if you are TOP CLASS.

Honestly, do you think after all this time, Alex Fergusun is that stupid ?

I personally believe Carrick is better than Petrov. (just to let you know)

BUT, also, players form and quality dips and Carrick for the past year now has been playing very poorly hence why he isn't now rated that highly as he was. He's picked behind Barry in the England team on a regular basis so Capello has both players at his disposal and thinks Barry is superior while also Carrick cannot get a proper look in at United with mainly Fletcher and Scholes the most common central midfield partnership last season. So you might only play 188 games if you are top class but it doesn't mean you also can't have a real bad dip in form and find it tough to recover. Right now would I rather have Carrick or Milner? Milner easily.

Carrick is looking like he's on the way down in terms of personal performance, while Milner is only improving and should keeping getting better aswell as being already as good of a player.

Players move on, Carrick was excellent for United for 2/3 years but now is looking a fairly poor player. Ronaldinho was 4 years ago was the very best in the world now he can't even get into his national team squad. Players quality and form can quickly change and Carrick's has quite dramatically to be fair.

JEEESUS I am getting mad here

The fact you can judge a player on who they play for is the top clubs only buy the top player !

In fact, in any sport the top players play for the top clubs.

Does Jenson Button / Lewis Hamilton / Vettel drive for Hispania

The top clubs buy the cream - they don't buy shit.

Now, not every player makes it at the top clubs, and some move on quickly. - the good old JJ twins is a case in point

However, if you are at a top club - a Man U, a Barca, a Chelsea , and Arsenal - and you amass over 100 appearances for one of those clubs

Sorry to tell you - you are a fecking good player.

Joe Cole (who I would cream after, can't get anywhere near the Chelsea side, so the player who is keeping him out of it must be a bit handy )

Surely you get this ?. Michael Carrick has amassed 188 appearances. In this time, he has mostly kept out players like Giggs / Scholes.

Alex fergusun must think he "isn't bad" to be keeping out players like that.

Please tell me you get the argument, it is easy.

A player who is bought by a Top Band side (Barca . real. Man U) isn't necessarily world class

However

If you play for one of those sides for 4 yrs, keeping out players that are better than Aston Villa have ever had in our history, then you must be a little bit handy.

Savvy ?

Edit above

Carrick is a forward attacking midfielder, Barry is a holding one. Barry isn't picked over Carrick, the fact is Carrick has had lampard and Gerrard to contend with for an England place - and he ain't gonna win that one, even if he was Kaka (well maybe kaka but you get the point)

Barry has ousted (or maybe pushed the wheelchair) of Hargreaves

Carrick is played differently for United though, when he's allowed to sit back and dictate play he's one of the best in the league at doing so. But more often than not SAF has him and Fletcher as the water carriers, which he isn't at all.

Part of his drop in form is to do with Ronaldo leaving, with Ronaldo teams had to double up on him and Rooney which left fucktonnes of space for Carrick to exploit, which he did briliantly. Now because teams press United more as there is less to worry about, so to speak, he hasn't the time to dictate play and is often found playing like Petrov and keeping it simple and boring.

He's head and shoulders above Petrov, but never really gets a look in for England because he's a luxury midfielder.

Yeah - utter hilarious how I think he's a good player !

Hence Man City's £20m bid for him.

Oh, hang on...

What a complete and utter STUPID STUPID STUPID statement

Sorry but that has got to be the most ridiculous statement ever made on Villatalk - and I've been accused of a few.

So , lets get this right. James Milner must be better than Eboue because Man City want to buy Milner for 20m and don't want to buy Eboue ? - do I get this right.

Therefore, and I think I understand here - Craig Bellamy must be better than Wayne Rooney - because Man City signed him instead.

Or maybe, Nigel de Jong , is better than Frank Lampard and Ronaldo as Man City bought him instead of them.

Fecking unbelievably ridiculous

I can see how it would look ridiculous if you're not quite capable of understanding reason.

Do you get it right? No, like pretty much everything you have it quite wrong. Unless you're suggesting that the only reason that Man City don't want to buy Eboue is because they don't think they will be able to sign him (as per your other examples) so they have moved to their second choice, Milner. Is that the case?

I am getting mad here

Finally, something we can all agree on.

Yes but Carrick and Eboue don't keep anyone out the United side. They are regularly on the bench for their sides in the past year or two. Eboue about 3 years ago was one of the best right backs in the Premiership but he had abit of a J'Lloyd Samuel where he had one excellent season but then since then has been pretty poor for his club.

Carrick is fair enough, he is a class player generally, having a bad time at the moment though and not the player he was, but i'd take him above Petrov.

Eboue though, he hasn't been a regular for about 3 years now.

JESSSSSSSSUS

Here is the point

If someone (lets say Jonathan Greening) plays 15 games for Man Utd, then gets sold, it is fair to say, he isn't to a standard that Man U expect

Michael Carrick has played 188 times for Man Utd.

Is this hard to understand - you do not play 188 times for a club like Man Utd if you are not top class.

Man Utd are the creme de la creme - along with Barca and Real - they buy players, some players dont work - they get shot of quickly (Forlan perfect example)

Michael Carrick has played 188 times for Man Utd - how many other players have played 188 times for Man Utd ? - go on.

You only play 188 times for a club like Man U if you are TOP CLASS.

Honestly, do you think after all this time, Alex Fergusun is that stupid ?

not sure thats always true. sometimes you get players who may not be the best in terms of individual ability but are a perfect fit for a certain teams system and complement the rest of the players well.

prime example is heskey. played many times for liverpool, many times for england and capellos probably gonna start him with rooney at the world cup. is he a top class player?

i dont think carricks top class, but hes good. hes got superb passing and a very good shot, but he doesnt really run or take on players, he cant tackle, loses lots of headers and gets too easily outmuscled for a bloke his size.

everytime hes played for england (and thats alongside players the same ability or better than the ones at man u) hes been found wanting. at man u he seems to fit in much better

Yes but Carrick and Eboue don't keep anyone out the United side. They are regularly on the bench for their sides in the past year or two. Eboue about 3 years ago was one of the best right backs in the Premiership but he had abit of a J'Lloyd Samuel where he had one excellent season but then since then has been pretty poor for his club.

Carrick is fair enough, he is a class player generally, having a bad time at the moment though and not the player he was, but i'd take him above Petrov.

sorry wrong post

Carrick is a forward attacking midfielder

Would you not want more than than 20 odd goals in 350 odd games from a 'forward attacking midfielder'?

If he's supposed to be an attacking midfielder he's even worse than I thought.

James Milner moved closer to joining Manchester City last night after declaring he was uncertain of his future at Aston Villa and driven by a desire to win trophies.

On a day when Villa rejected a £20million bid for Milner from big-spending City, the 24-year-old declined the invitation to commit his future to his current club.

Asked if he would still be a Villa player next season, he said: ‘I don’t know.’ He then gave further encouragement to City — believed to be preparing an increased offer — when he said his chief ambition was to end his career with a room full of silverware.

‘That’s what I’m in football to do,’ he said. ‘To win trophies. That’s my No 1 aim for club and country. When I finish my career, I want to be able to go into my trophy room and see winner’s medals. I want to be as successful as I can be. We came close twice with Villa this season.’

Villa are willing to bring forward talks with Milner over a potential new contract, in a bid to ward off City’s interest. Owner Randy Lerner insisted only last week that the club would wait until after the World Cup in South Africa before opening negotiations.

But now they are prepared to speak to the midfielder before he jets off with England.

Villa have a two-day window of opportunity after England’s friendly in Graz against Japan on May 30 in which to discuss an improved deal.

However, speaking at England’s training camp in Austria, Milner said the situation might not be resolved until after the World Cup.

Race against time: Milner could fill Barry's boots if the midfielder doesn't recover in time for the World Cup

Race against time: Milner could fill Barry's boots if the midfielder doesn't recover in time for the World Cup

‘I was concentrating on Villa and I am now concentrating on England,’ he said. ‘I’m here to stake as good a claim as I can to get on the plane to the World Cup.

‘When I finished the season at Villa, I said we’d discuss it after the World Cup. I have enjoyed my time at Villa. It’s a great club to be at. We are moving forward in the right direction. We’ve had a good season. We finished with a higher points total than last year in the League.’

City midfielder Gareth Barry, meanwhile, insists treatment on his ankle is going well and he is hopeful of making the cut for South Africa.

Barry said: ‘I’ve been having regular sessions with the medical staff at Carrington and they are pleased with how things are going.

‘I’m feeling positive still and the medical staff are being brilliant — they are doing everything they can to help me.’

link

Daily Heil's spin on things, nice of them to be selective with their use of quotes here to suit their angle.

Well 25 league starts out of 38 seems to tell me he was ?

Who?

Oh and yes Paul, what are your views on Emile Heskey.

150 games for Liverpool. All players who play that amount of games are top class right, aren't they?

a_

Since when where Liverpool when Heskey played for them a top class side ?

Liverpool (unless you count 1977-1985) are about as far from Man U and Barcalona was bleeding Pelsall Villa are !.

Take out the years I have just said, and how many trophies have they won - I haven't got it to hand, but I would guess at about 7 ?

Fecking hell you will be saying bloody Steve Bull next as he had 500 appearances for the once mighty wolves !

I'M LETTING THE "ARE YOU 6" COMMENT FLY AS IT DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE WOUND ANYBODY UP, BUT THERE MIGHT COME A TIME WHEN SOME QUIET WORDS ARE TO BE HAD.

IF ANYONE'S FEELING THE NEED TO WRITE "JESUS I'M GETTING MAD" THEY SHOULD PROBABLY LOGOUT TILL TOMORROW MORNING OR RISK DOING SOMETHING THAT MIGHT SEE IT DONE FOR THEM.

TA.

Paul answer my question:

Your picking a team. You need a player to play right midfield:

Adam Johnson.

Ashley Young.

Aaron Lennon.

Emanuel Eboue.

Who do you go for? Surely Eboue on what you say no?

You are a Sun editors dream you really are.

Out of that list I'd actually take Lennon - personally, he reminds me of Tony Daley with an end product - you would stand every time he got th eball.

However, you have put in Adam Johnson - this guy who has played about 12 games for the "Mighty Man City" of which he /they were so good they lost 4th place when it was being handed to them on a plate - and is suddenly the greatest prospect ever.

Why don't you look at the real game and appreciate players yourself apart from just believing what the Sun says.

Now personally, and again , another one that everyone said was "crap" and not in Ashleys league

I'd take Nani everyday , he bleeding showed Warnock up like a pillock at Wembley- but hey - he must be shit - he ain't being linked to Man City for 50m

Oh and yes Paul, what are your views on Emile Heskey.

150 games for Liverpool. All players who play that amount of games are top class right, aren't they?

a_

Since when where Liverpool when Heskey played for them a top class side ?

Liverpool (unless you count 1977-1985) are about as far from Man U and Barcalona was bleeding Pelsall Villa are !.

Take out the years I have just said, and how many trophies have they won - I haven't got it to hand, but I would guess at about 7 ?

Fecking hell you will be saying bloody Steve Bull next as he had 500 appearances for the once mighty wolves !

What's the difference between Heskey at Liverpool in where they won:

Fa Cup, League Cup x2, Uefa Cup, Uefa Super Cup.

and finished in the league: 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 4th.

and Eboue at Arsenal who has won: Nothing.

and finished: 4th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd.

Please explain that one.