PL: Hull a Match Thread 2010/04/21 19:45

limpid

Thought we've played some nice stuff at times, it's been patchy but not as bad as some are making out. Petrov has been good and Downing is having a better game. Ash and Carew have done very little and Milner is having an off day.

Just hope we keep at it and I'd like to see NRC at some point and NOT Sidwell.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrovs been non existent, as per.

Really? I thought he'd had a very decent first half, he's been solid in the middle and protected the back four and he's got forward and had three or four efforts on goal - a good half for me.

Once again I agree

...an me!

Petrovs been one of our best players!

Hull_City, what did you make of the half?

im only listening to it as im at work and they dont allow video's but we sounded awful for 25mins, fagan and mcshane need to cool it, they always are too hot headed for my liking and always look like getting sent off.

couldnt believe we missed the chances in front of goal. need to go 4-4-2 to try and get something

From James, Horsham, via text to 81111: "Ashley Young has no impact on the game and has been utterly rubbish. Either take him off or slap him into the second half O'Neill!"

Umm no, Ash's and Downing's tracking back and defensive work has been very good so far, just need them to get forward some more.

Really? I thought he'd had a very decent first half, he's been solid in the middle and protected the back four and he's got forward and had three or four efforts on goal - a good half for me.

Once again I agree

...an me!

Agree, Petrov is having a good game

Once again I agree

...an me!

I know! He's one of our most involved players, some people must be blind.

quite a few of our best players are below par and we are still 1 up. milner, downing, ash, carew all need to get in the game more and stop giving it away so easily.

best example when ash gave it away in the last minute- he has the ball- plenty of villa players behind him, easy pass keep the ball. but no, he tries to go across the pitch and squeeze it past a hull player who intercepts it. this has happened too many times- trying ridiculously ambitious passes instead of keeping possession.

i am also not too happy with ash and downing hugging the touchline all the time- it limits us and hull can close us down easier. it also means stan and milner have to do more work and hull have too much room in the middle.

i dont get why they dont play a bit further inside. this means they have the option to either get wide or come inside even more. we look miles better whenever this happens with ash, downing and milner all moving around. allows us to mix it up a little in terms of style of play

holy cow , have been saying this for weeks you can see that in the middle we need a hand from them i wish just sometimes they would move in !

Petrovs been the best player on the pitch!

I will never understand the argument in Petrov goes missing, and those who dont rate him. He's been excellent again all season and has had an excellent half today. If only he put one of those shots away.

We're not doing too badly, Gabby playing well. Downing and Ashley a bit quiet. Think get Carew off and give Heskey a blast, Gabby looks in the mood tonight, might be good for him to have some better link up play. Not sure we need to look to Carew for goals tonight.

Once again I agree

...an me!

I know! He's one of our most involved players, some people must be blind.

I agree.

That said, let's hope he can keep it up for 90 instead of dying with 20 minutes left ;)

Great start, frustrating remainder of the half. We could relieve so much of the pressure from the opposition if we calmed down and kept the ball a bit more. I fear for the second half though if the pattern continues

45 minutes away from reaching 1,000 premier league points... :D