Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

Mr Our party is squeeky Clean might be letting the side down it appears ??

Nick Clegg received a series of payments from party donors directly into his private bank account, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

The Liberal Democrat leader was paid regular monthly sums by three senior businessmen during 2006.

The same account was used to pay his mortgage, shopping and other personal expenditure, documents seen by this newspaper show.

Official records for 2006 show that Mr Clegg also claimed £90,526 in “staffing allowances” to pay his assistants and other staff. The records also indicate that he only had two people working in his parliamentary office that year. The maximum they could be paid in 2006 was £37,245 plus a pension and perks. During the same year, a part-time organiser was employed in Mr Clegg’s Sheffield constituency office on a salary of £8,966.

It is not clear why Mr Clegg would require the extra funds as the salaries were apparently covered by the taxpayer.

the payments had to be made into Mr Clegg’s personal bank account because there was no fund for the “Parliamentary Office of the Liberal Democrats”.

The more one looks , the more one finds

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Clegg received a series of payments from party donors directly into his private bank account, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

The Liberal Democrat leader was paid regular monthly sums by three senior businessmen during 2006.

The same account was used to pay his mortgage, shopping and other personal expenditure, documents seen by this newspaper show.

the payments had to be made into Mr Clegg’s personal bank account because there was no fund for the “Parliamentary Office of the Liberal Democrats”.

anti torygraphers will no doubt say they obtained the details from Hitler or something.

Kerching! Extra fiver for Tony.

just do it in cash please..don't want anyone looking through my bank records years from now after i've accused everyone else of being on the take

Official records for 2006 show that Mr Clegg also claimed £90,526 in “staffing allowances” to pay his assistants and other staff. The records also indicate that he only had two people working in his parliamentary office that year. The maximum they could be paid in 2006 was £37,245 plus a pension and perks. During the same year, a part-time organiser was employed in Mr Clegg’s Sheffield constituency office on a salary of £8,966.

It is not clear why Mr Clegg would require the extra funds as the salaries were apparently covered by the taxpayer.

Apparently they have the bank record showing the money going out to the appropreate staff members so it is not actually dodgy. Like you say, they just didn't have the proper fund account back then.

It is amusing watching the media supporters of other parties all turning their guns on the new upstart threat on the scene.

The Tory party and their Ashcroft tax avoiding millions are being put into more and more desperate schemes it seems. The Torygraph is really scraping around the dirty bits with little real evidence, I wonder if they will "investigate" the Belize mob, or the dodgy companies that fund Dave? I suspect not

Conservative:.........................

seems to be a pattern here :-)

i am the only one that has had a bit of policy from each party ?

For the [probably pointless] record I came out with:

Labour: zilch

Tories: Spending, Policing/Crime, Education, Benefits/Pensions

LibDems: Tax, Defence

NOTA: Europe, Health, Immigration, Political Reform

p.s. Do they throw eggs in other countries or is that a British thing

the red shirts were throwing them at the police recently in BKK as i recall l

I still love that Prescott reaction and the smug look being removed from that idiot that threw the thing at him.

TBH Prescott should have been booted from the party for that it isn't really anything to be proud of however much the egg thrower deserved it , Politicans should act with dignity (yeah ,I know they don't) but for the deputy leader of a major party to act like that was qute shameful ..

Prize to Tony,

You managed to get dignity and politician in the same sentence without breaking into hysterical laughter

Well done that man

For the [probably pointless] record I came out with:

Labour: zilch

Tories: Spending, Policing/Crime, Education, Benefits/Pensions

LibDems: Tax, Defence

NOTA: Europe, Health, Immigration, Political Reform

out of interest ,how would that translate into the US parties ..do you have the equivilant of a Lib Dem party in the US ?

I agreed with Labour on : Education , Defence , Benefits and Pensions

Libs on : Spending

Torys on :Tax , Policing and crime , Europe, Health and Immigration

Tone.

Given that rather interesting spread of policy preferences between the 3 parties, will youn therefore be happy with a hung parliament/coalition government? :lol: :winkold:

will youn therefore be happy with a hung parliament/coalition government?

Depends who they make PM ..Despite the BGT vote Clegg is not PM material , Cameron is never gonna win over a lot of the people because of his background and from the story yesterday it seemed Brown has now started hinting he will stand down if it's a hung parliament .. so maybe a new leader could be found from all the parties .. someone respected by all parties ...Hague perhaps ?

but I'm just not convinced a hung parliament will work any differently to the current horse trading that goes on ...

Depends who they make PM ..Despite the BGT vote Clegg is not PM material , Cameron is never gonna win over a lot of the people because of his background and from the story yesterday it seemed Brown has now started hinting he will stand down if it's a hung parliament .. so maybe a new leader could be found from all the parties .. someone respected by all parties ...Hague perhaps ?

Hague in charge of a coalition government? Not a bad idea, that.

Is there anything that people who are new to politics can read which gives an idea of the policies of all three?

I'd like to make an informed decision but I get the feeling if I read the parties manifestos I wouldn't understand them.

Hague in charge of a coalition government? Not a bad idea, that.

As long as he doesn’t wear the baseball cap...

I feel depressed that rather than finding any candidate attractive I am desperate for the removal of Gordon Brown (and Mandelson).

What strange reasons for choosing Paul - and to think you claimed once not to be a Tory :-) - Pah - Boris loves ya!!! :-)

Guest Ricardomeister

but I'm just not convinced a hung parliament will work any differently to the current horse trading that goes on ...

* Post edited, please keep this civil thanks Trent

Also, Cameron's background has little or no relevance for the vast majority. I couldn't care less where he came from. I am just strongly opposed to the (lack of) values and morals of the Tory party and their supporters, who are a lot worse than the other major parties imo.

As for Hague, don't make me laugh. He had his chance a few years ago and was rejected by a huge majority of the electorate.