Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

As for the "indignation" being shown by our Tory brethren to Prescott at the last election, a lot of that is borne from who did it rather than the act.

no I would be equally condemming of any public offiical that resorted to street brawling ..

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashcoft's tax avoidance millions being spent wisely it would seem

As for the "indignation" being shown by our Tory brethren to Prescott at the last election, a lot of that is borne from who did it rather than the act. Interesting that the idiot who assaulted Prescott - and in law it is actually assault - was a major hunt supporter so must get used to violence. Also self defence being at the heart of a Tory policy, oh its that word hypocrisy again. Prescott was a 63 year old man at the time, again I wonder what the indignation the "offended" of Suburbia's would have made to that if it had not been Prescott

Still as long as Dave and his Oik are OK because the force and severity of that egg were massive and damn nearly knocked him off his feet.

Ian. Do you think Blair would have punched the egg thrower who got prescott, had it been him?

Prescott's a prick. Always has been, always will be.

i sorta mellowed a tiny bit to him after that TV show he made , could see more where he was coming from even if i didn't agree with him ..

Prescott's a prick. Always has been, always will be.

i sorta mellowed a tiny bit to him after that TV show he made , could see more where he was coming from even if i didn't agree with him ..

i don't doubt his values or morals, TBH Tone.

I think he's quite sincere, for a politician.

Doesn't stop him being a prick :winkold:

Probably not Jon - but you are defending there the guy who assaulted Prescott. Maybe if he was wearing a hoodie he would have been hugged?

It was a violent assault by Evans, something he obviously loved as you could tell by the mug grin he had and his previous declared love of Fox Hunting etc. what he didn't reckon with though was the 63 year old bloke defending himself and Evans was made to look like the prat he obviously was and still is I suspect.

Still as said as long as Dave and the oik are OK, and that the youth that threw the egg is hugged and loved the world is good place. I am reading with interest two things - definition of Hypocrisy and the Tory party policy on self defence. They could have been written for this place

Probably not Jon - but you are defending there the guy who assaulted Prescott. Maybe if he was wearing a hoodie he would have been hugged?

It was a violent assault by Evans, something he obviously loved as you could tell by the mug grin he had and his previous declared love of Fox Hunting etc. what he didn't reckon with though was the 63 year old bloke defending himself and Evans was made to look like the prat he obviously was and still is I suspect.

I'm not defending the egg thoring tosser at all. Totally out of order. He should have been charged for what he did, as it was effectively assault.

The guy, as you say, was not a very pleasant chap, and Prescott being Prescott, I can understand why he gut him. He was also in very close proximity, so could be said to have been defending himself against the eeejut.

Still, doesn't make what Big John did right. I think he lacks class.

I like how Prescott dealt with the fellow who slapped a egg on his back. What would you have done Tony?

well I can't say for sure of course but for example when I played football and received some pretty awful challenges that were more akin to assault than a tackle in a bid to slow me down I always used to walk , or hobble , away .... Comes down to your personality and discipline I guess ?

Completely different situation, in a football game you expect physical contact, JP was just walking down a street and the guy slapped an egg on his back and came right into his space, very threatening behaviour and he got what he deserved IMO

I am reading with interest two things - definition of Hypocrisy

I'm not sure where the hypocrisy you speak of is exactly , perhaps you could enlighten us all ?

All i'm seeing is two examples real world examples of "Quote Drat01" Violent assault and two different outcomes

Cameron laughed it off , Prescott resorted to violence

tell me Ian , which one was the correct response ? you can't seriously be advocating that everyone should take the law into their own hands when provoked ?

the guy slapped an egg on his back and came right into his space, very threatening behaviour and he got what he deserved IMO

the answer or correct response to aggression/violence is not always equal or increased aggression/violence.

That's not how civilised society works.

Completely different situation, in a football game you expect physical contact, JP was just walking down a street and the guy slapped an egg on his back and came right into his space, very threatening behaviour and he got what he deserved IMO

not sure where you ever played football but physical assault wasn't in the rule book last time I looked ..

I did qualify it by saying I couldn't know for sure in the real world .. but as Jon said do you think Blair would have responded in kind ?

and also

the answer or correct response to aggression/violence is not always equal or increased aggression/violence.

This

the guy slapped an egg on his back and came right into his space, very threatening behaviour and he got what he deserved IMO

If you're being threatened in your own space you've got to act quickly, I believe in self defence and JP was acting in that.

not sure where you ever played football but physical assault wasn't in the rule book last time I looked ..

I did qualify it by saying I couldn't know for sure in the real world .. but as Jon said do you think Blair would have responded in kind ?

and also

But do you expect to be assaulted in the middle of the street? That's the main question.

If you're being threatened in your own space you've got to act quickly, I believe in self defence and JP was acting in that.

Oh come on get real, he as Deputy Prime Minister had an armed police guard

doesn't always mean you won't get owned.

if someone threw and egg at you in the street what would you do?

call the police?

kick them?

tell them to F off?

nut them?

go buy and egg and do the same?

what is the appropriate response?

tell them it's naughty and not very civilised?

I am not sure what is appropriate, does depend on the situation I suppose.

:lol: Telling me to get real, JP was face up to him who knows...he could have carried a weapon on him.

Doesn't really matter though does it.

Your instincts don't change because you have an armed guard, reactions stay the same. Someone hits you with something your reactionary response isn't going to be effected because someone walking near you is armed and protecting you, if your instinct is to retaliate and lash out in defense, that's what you're going to do.