Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone tried the sky Who should I vote for app ?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Election/Vote

To a degree I think the policies are already out there and thus people will know which policy relates to a given party ...so of course it's slighty flawed ( as these things always are) but it's quite interesting to try and vote based on the 3 statements presented to you ..

It may surprise VT folk to learn that a couple of my policy preferences belong to labour ( education i knew was theirs anyway but it's one I actually believe in) .. and not many with the libs (no surprise :winkold: )

I agreed with Labour on : Education , Defence , Benefits and Pensions

Libs on : Spending

Torys on :Tax , Policing and crime , Europe, Health and Immigration

would be interesting to see the make up of VT members and if it collates to the result in the poll on this thread

quite good that one.

I got:

Labour: immigaration and political reform

Lib Dem on: Tax, spending, police & crime, Europe, Education, benefits & defence

None of the above: Health

Tories: Zip

But then i knew whose policies were whose, so it was kind of a biased survey! :lol:

I think the current anti politics state is also down to Labour to be honest, and not just the expenses issue, more to do with the promises made 13 years ago, the way the public were cynically treated durring the nulabour "project" and their reaction to that. The way labour raised hope only to destroy it stored up issues for the way in which politics works in this country and they have themselves to blame

I'm guessing from your belief that 13 years of Labour would leave people disillusioned that you are 13 and have never considered what went before, and before that, and before that. They are all self serving liars. You just have to decide whether you have a preference for any of the potential spin off from any particular bunch of self serving liars being in power.

I think the current anti politics state is also down to Labour to be honest, and not just the expenses issue, more to do with the promises made 13 years ago, the way the public were cynically treated durring the nulabour "project" and their reaction to that. The way labour raised hope only to destroy it stored up issues for the way in which politics works in this country and they have themselves to blame

I'm guessing from your belief that 13 years of Labour would leave people disillusioned that you are 13 and have never considered what went before, and before that, and before that. They are all self serving liars. You just have to decide whether you have a preference for any of the potential spin off from any particular bunch of self serving liars being in power.

:clap: :clap:

No much older than 13 unfortunately. Still thanks for the insult and nice to see a mod applauding it.

I actually think Cameron is more central than most of the tory party, but my god he needs to get rid of stories like this...

David Cameron came under fire today after he claimed he knew nothing about a controversial Tory youth group which has trained some of the party's parliamentary candidates, despite its leaders describing the NHS as "the biggest waste of money in the UK" and suggesting that waterboarding of prisoners can be justified.

In an interview in Time Out magazine, Cameron denied all knowledge of the Young Britons' Foundation, which has been called "the Conservative madrasa". Conservative HQ promotes YBF-run training courses for young Tory activists.

Several members of Cameron's team, including shadow defence secretary Liam Fox, addressed a YBF rally last month and at least 11 prospective Tory candidates have been delegates or speakers at training conferences run by the YBF.

The group's leader, Donal Blaney, has taken Conservative activists on training courses in the US which include sessions shooting semi-automatic weapons and machine guns.

Asked if it was true that prospective candidates had been trained by the YBF, Cameron said: "No, I don't think so. I don't know anything about the Young Britons' Foundation." When told the YBF claims on its website that it trains Tory members at official party conferences, Cameron said: "I've no idea about this."

The party's link to the YBF was front page news last month and tonight Labour said Cameron's denial was "unbelievable" and called for him to "come clean" about his party's involvement with the YBF.

Labour MP Jon Cruddas said: "It is absolutely unbelievable that David Cameron doesn't know about an organisation that is training up candidates on behalf of the party – not least because its events have included contributions from party chairman Eric Pickles, shadow defence secretary Liam Fox, and other members of his frontbench team. Cameron should come clean on the role this shadowy organisation has at all levels of the party."

A spokesman for Cameron declined to answer questions about his depth of knowledge of the organisation, but confirmed it has "been involved with some Tory candidates". He added: "The YBF is independent of the party. We do not endorse their views."

link

lets be honest Labour are no better than the tories when it comes to broken promises. But with both of them they still look back instead of going forward.

I can see a Labour government in 2150 harking on about Thatcher in the 1980s and conservatives harking on about nulab failures of the 2000s.

the best thing that the next government can do is devolve more power to councils and the people so their hunger for power is limited, because they don't have as much power as they do now.

Labours biggest mistake in this election is talking about political reform. they have said it for 13 years and got as far as hereditary peerages.

Which Party would you normally vote for - I wouldn't doesnt seem to be an option

could have sworn there was a None of these option at the right of the screen ?

Yep, white X in a red box.

You know what I reckon Darling could be a future Labour leader, showing up Osbourne well here
That would doom Labour for still longer if it happened.

As an interim? I think he's come out quite well over the last two years

Seems we've had the first Egg of the campaign .. of course it was a student who threw it though it is somewhat surprising that a student was up that early

Shame Cameron didn't do a Prescott and thump the thrower

Saint Cable being shown up by Andrew Neil and Flanders!

again ..you'd think by now Cable would stay away from any TV shows with Andrew Neil on them

Seems we've had the first Egg of the campaign .. of course it was a student who threw it though it is somewhat surprising that a student was up that early

Shame Cameron didn't do a Prescott and thump the thrower

Saint Cable being shown up by Andrew Neil and Flanders!

again ..you'd think by now Cable would stay away from any TV shows with Andrew Neil on them

Oh dear hes really being shown up by him now