Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

TBH Prescott should have been booted from the party for that it isn't really anything to be proud of however much the egg thrower deserved it , Politicans should act with dignity (yeah ,I know they don't) but for the deputy leader of a major party to act like that was qute shameful ..

I wonder what the reaction would have been on here had Cameron acted in the same manner as Prescott.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ricardomeister

Call me Dave would never do such a thing...he would get his butler or fag to do it for him!

I got a leaflet through my door earlier from the Conservatives suggesting that I vote for change in my constituency. They seem to have forgotten that they are already in charge in my constituency. Ah well I'm happy to follow their advice and vote for someone else.
I'm guessing you knew that they meant to use your vote in your constituency to vote for change nationally.

TBH Prescott should have been booted from the party for that it isn't really anything to be proud of however much the egg thrower deserved it , Politicans should act with dignity (yeah ,I know they don't) but for the deputy leader of a major party to act like that was qute shameful ..

I wonder what the reaction would have been on here had Cameron acted in the same manner as Prescott.

As I remember it, Prescott got slaughtered by many on here and applauded by others. I should imagine if JustCallMe Dave had done the same, the reaction would have been the same. Look at the polls, your blue tories have as much support in these VT debates as the red tories do, and the Orange gay drinkist alliance.

Let me re word my post as it is obviously not clear, I wonder what the reaction to David Cameron would have been like on here by those who supported Prescott for what he did.

In my opinion, and FWIW, I though Prescott was out of order and I am glad that Cameron had the diginity that Prescott did not.

The Blue Tories put a leaflet through my door today too...............For a Parish Council Election, it was put through the door by the prospective parliamentary candidate, I saw her doing it, she didn't even knock to ask my opinion either. Whats that about?

Anyway, the leaflet itself was hilarious, this candidate is already on the council and one of the best things she could find to say about herself was that her father used to be the local Mayor (and looking at her photo, he was probably Mayor in Victorian times as this one seems to be past working age herself (her life cant have been that hard). She's worked tirelessly apparently to improve recycling in the area - it hasn't improved one but I might add, and the Parish Council have **** all to do with it anyway. She's a member of "Save the Squirrels" which I suppose is something in her favour. Won't be voting for her nonetheless, I wont even participate in that election, Parish Councils do nothing, save some money and abolish them

Let me re word my post as it is obviously not clear, I wonder what the reaction to David Cameron would have been like on here by those who supported Prescott for what he did.

In my opinion, and FWIW, I though Prescott was out of order and I am glad that Cameron had the diginity that Prescott did not.

I guess we'll never know unless of course Dave attacks the next egg chucker

The Blue Tories put a leaflet through my door today too...............For a Parish Council Election, it was put through the door by the prospective parliamentary candidate, I saw her doing it, she didn't even knock to ask my opinion either. Whats that about?

Anyway, the leaflet itself was hilarious, this candidate is already on the council and one of the best things she could find to say about herself was that her father used to be the local Mayor (and looking at her photo, he was probably Mayor in Victorian times as this one seems to be past working age herself (her life cant have been that hard). She's worked tirelessly apparently to improve recycling in the area - it hasn't improved one but I might add, and the Parish Council have **** all to do with it anyway. She's a member of "Save the Squirrels" which I suppose is something in her favour. Won't be voting for her nonetheless, I wont even participate in that election, Parish Councils do nothing, save some money and abolish them

Do you live in a village?

the parish council where I used to live (in a village) pretty much were the only ones that actually did anything. Their things are fairly menial in the grand scheme of things, but to a village their input is quite important. If they bother to do things properly (and get proper funding)

I'm sure it would have been Thatchers fault

Well as she did cause our current societal breakdown, which makes violence in the street seem acceptable, I'm sure you have a point ;-)

Do you live in a village?

the parish council where I used to live (in a village) pretty much were the only ones that actually did anything. Their things are fairly menial in the grand scheme of things, but to a village their input is quite important. If they bother to do things properly (and get proper funding)

I suppose it is classed as a large village. I wouldn't know what they do, that in itself is damning

I got a leaflet through my door earlier from the Conservatives suggesting that I vote for change in my constituency. They seem to have forgotten that they are already in charge in my constituency. Ah well I'm happy to follow their advice and vote for someone else.
I'm guessing you knew that they meant to use your vote in your constituency to vote for change nationally.

Well yes I do, but it specifically says vote for change in Bromsgrove:

photo0180g.jpg

Always been Lib Dem and continue to be. Just hope everyone who would vote Lib Dem will do so irrespective of tactical voting because then it would be a landslide.

Well yes I do, but it specifically says vote for change in Bromsgrove:

photo0180g.jpg

Aha, another Bromsgrovian. Conservative apparently have a 10,000 majority here so Sajid Javid will probably get in but I hope Phil Ling pulls it out the bag.

I like how Prescott dealt with the fellow who slapped a egg on his back. What would you have done Tony?

well I can't say for sure of course but for example when I played football and received some pretty awful challenges that were more akin to assault than a tackle in a bid to slow me down I always used to walk , or hobble , away .... Comes down to your personality and discipline I guess ?

Just hope everyone who would vote Lib Dem will do so irrespective of tactical voting because then it would be a landslide.
I really doubt that.

I think you'll start to see support for the lib dems sliding soon, as soon as people start looking into their actual policies and how workable they are the support will start to fall off. They certainly aren't the answer everyone is looking for, there's a lot of questions regarding their figures. Not least that they seem to be keen on funding all their promises by closing tax loop holes, which when closed will result in the people taking advantage of them moving their money elsewhere, something their figures don't seem to take into account.

Ashcoft's tax avoidance millions being spent wisely it would seem

As for the "indignation" being shown by our Tory brethren to Prescott at the last election, a lot of that is borne from who did it rather than the act. Interesting that the idiot who assaulted Prescott - and in law it is actually assault - was a major hunt supporter so must get used to violence. Also self defence being at the heart of a Tory policy, oh its that word hypocrisy again. Prescott was a 63 year old man at the time, again I wonder what the indignation the "offended" of Suburbia's would have made to that if it had not been Prescott

Still as long as Dave and his Oik are OK because the force and severity of that egg were massive and damn nearly knocked him off his feet.

I like how Prescott dealt with the fellow who slapped a egg on his back. What would you have done Tony?

well I can't say for sure of course but for example when I played football and received some pretty awful challenges that were more akin to assault than a tackle in a bid to slow me down I always used to walk , or hobble , away .... Comes down to your personality and discipline I guess ?

true.

Prescott's a prick. Always has been, always will be.

I'm glad he's now gone. I always felt embarrased having him as a leading cabinet member in the labour party.