Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything that people who are new to politics can read which gives an idea of the policies of all three?

I'd like to make an informed decision but I get the feeling if I read the parties manifestos I wouldn't understand them.

Tone posted this link a few pages ago Laura.

Quite good, and quite quick to do!

Policies

:P

I took this, apparently I favour the policies of the Liberal Democrats.

a girl with her head screwed on, and with a good moral compass. :nod:

good stuff. Join the club :cheers:

pro fox/deer murdering

Is there no other issue in 'politics' that is important to you? :?

maybe that's the most important one for him Snowy?

it's certainly a big one for me too.

Guest Ricardomeister

pro fox/deer murdering

What a pathetic, thoroughly unintelligent riposte! Where have I ever said that it is the only issue that is important to me? The answer is never, so please have the common courtesy not to spout inaccurate rubbish.

Of course there are other important issues but this is also an important issue for me and the fact that you have to be so pathetically condescending does not change my view. For me the issue is not just about the barbaric killing of creatures who have as much right to a decent life as we do imo, it is about the lack of compassion and feeling which transfers to the weak and vulnerable in society. From my experience people who are cruel to animals are also cruel to people and people who have compassion for animals tend to have compassion for humans.

I certainly do not need the approval of people like you to decide which issues are important to me!

pro fox/deer murdering

What a pathetic, thoroughly unintelligent riposte! Where have I ever said that it is the only issue that is important to me? The answer is never, so please have the common courtesy not to spout inaccurate rubbish.

Of course there are other important issues but this is also an important issue for me and the fact that you have to be so pathetically condescending does not change my view. For me the issue is not just about the barbaric killing of creatures who have as much right to a decent life as we do imo, it is about the lack of compassion and feeling which transfers to the weak and vulnerable in society. From my experience people who are cruel to animals are also cruel to people and people who have compassion for animals tend to have compassion for humans.

I certainly do not need the approval of people like you to decide which issues are important to me!

What are you talking about?

Did he say it was the only issue that is important to you or did he ask if there were others?

Did he question the issue on hunting at all, or the stance you have taken or did he ask a question about other issues?

Did he say you needed his approval, or give it or remove it or just ask if there were other issues ?

It is a major issue though

is it :shock:

I'm as against animal cruelty as the next person but I wouldn't describe it as a Major issue in this election tbh .. I don't believe any of the parties put it on page one of their manifesto , did they ?

The Tory party and their blood thirsty hunt supporters want to change the law back to the barbaric one

i thought they said they would offer a free vote on it ? which isn't quite the same thing is it ? it's also a bit rich calling tory supporters blood thirsty after praising Prescott for giving some bloke a right hander during a street brawl

pro fox/deer murdering

It is a major issue though. The Tory party and their blood thirsty hunt supporters want to change the law back to the barbaric one of allowing the Hooray's to smear blood on faces and the like.

A major issue? Really?

Above the economy? Above lack of affordable housing? Above tax avoidance by big business and the extremely wealthy? Above wars? Above income and wealth inequality?

Why should it not be mentioned? Or is it something that they (and maybe a few others) realise will be a vote loser if it gets mentioned

Who said it ought not to be mentioned? I didn't.

Are you putting words in people's mouths, again?

I asked the poster whether there was no other issue in politics for him because it appears that it is the constant theme in his posts.

so please have the common courtesy not to spout inaccurate rubbish.

i beleive courtesy works two ways fella

you really ought to read back some of your posts and the way you come across .. people can disagree but it can still be civil

It is a major issue though

is it :shock:

I'm as against animal cruelty as the next person but I wouldn't describe it as a Major issue in this election tbh .. I don't believe any of the parties put it on page one of their manifesto , did they ?

The Tory party and their blood thirsty hunt supporters want to change the law back to the barbaric one

i thought they said they would offer a free vote on it ? which isn't quite the same thing is it ? it's also a bit rich calling tory supporters blood thirsty after praising Prescott for giving some bloke a right hander during a street brawl

Agree entirely Tony but you missed the most ludicous bit about face painting.

I'm now looking at another definition - scaremongering

pro fox/deer murdering

People like me?

Pathetic and thoroughly unintelligent riposte?

It was a question.

I asked you a question because it appears that it is the main thing that you have gone on and on about.

I didn't say that this was the only issue that was important to you, I asked you whether there were no others.

I would have thought that would have been a great opportunity to give the odd example of what else you thought was important.

Instead it was an opportunity to talk about 'people like me'.

What on earth do you mean by that?

Please have the courtesy to expound on your comment.

Guest Ricardomeister

Wow, patronising now as well as condescending! It was quite obviously not a simple question but a personal dig. Look at the wording of your supposed question. I have explained why the issue is important to me and if you don't agree that is your prerogative but it does not change my view.

Is he trying to change your view or has he just asked if there are other issues important to you and followed up by suggesting you say what they are? . As to patronising suggest you check that definition (lot of definition doing today) and read it in conjunction with your last two posts

Wow, patronising now as well as condescending! It was quite obviously not a simple question but a personal dig. Look at the wording of your supposed question. I have explained why the issue is important to me and if you don't agree that is your prerogative but it does not change my view.

Patronizing, how?

It was a question; it may have been a challenge as well as a question but it was still a question.

Fair enough, it is important to you but as an election issue above all of those others that I mentioned? Blimey.

I see you're not going to do me the courtesy of expounding your 'people like you' comment.

pro fox/deer murdering

It is a major issue though. The Tory party and their blood thirsty hunt supporters want to change the law back to the barbaric one of allowing the Hooray's to smear blood on faces and the like.

A major issue? Really?

Above the economy? Above lack of affordable housing? Above tax avoidance by big business and the extremely wealthy? Above wars? Above income and wealth inequality?

For a great many, yes Snowy.

it's a hugely emotive issue, which is why it is very important to "a lot" of voters.

This is generally an interesting thread with some good debate and some funny posts please can people remember though that we expect respect to be shown to other members of the site.

You might not like who they vote for or what they have to say but respect for your fellow Villa fans and members of the site is a must. So please show that in what you post or find another thread to post in.

Thanks

pro fox/deer murdering

A major issue? Really?

For a great many, yes Snowy.

it's a hugely emotive issue, which is why it is very important to "a lot" of voters.

I think though more people that still think hunting ban is a major issue are the people that want to be able to do it rather than not.

this discussion is the first I have seen anywhere in the past year about it being a political issue in papers, tv or with individuals.

All it has done is stopped the barbarism with controlling foxes. Just as many are getting killed by snares or guns. It's not actually increasing the number of foxes about. If anything it's doing the opposite.

Is there anything that people who are new to politics can read which gives an idea of the policies of all three?

I'd like to make an informed decision but I get the feeling if I read the parties manifestos I wouldn't understand them.

Tone posted this link a few pages ago Laura.

Quite good, and quite quick to do!

Policies

:P

I took this, apparently I favour the policies of the Liberal Democrats.

a girl with her head screwed on, and with a good moral compass. :nod:

good stuff. Join the club :cheers:

As do most people. It's quite amazing how Labour and Tory supporters keep banging on about 'Lib Dem policies won't stand up to scrutiny' to make it sound like people are only supporting Lib Dem due to the TV debate. That's a bit insulting TBH and it seems that once most people look at each manifesto and compare then it's quite apparently that Labour and Tory policies are either media-reactionary and are trying to play to what they think will be popular or misguided. Lib Dem policies seem (at least to me) to be actually considered and made with common sense, even if they may not be popular.

All it has done is stopped the barbarism with controlling foxes. Just as many are getting killed by snares or guns. It's not actually increasing the number of foxes about. If anything it's doing the opposite.

I don't think the ban was ever about increasing numbers it was about reducing animal suffering and stopping them being ripped to pieces by dogs.

If numbers are still controlled in a humane way then so be it, it has to be better than them being ripped to pieces in the name of entertainment or sport.

this discussion is the first I have seen anywhere in the past year about it being a political issue in papers, tv or with individuals.

very true.

It is not an issue right now, as it has been banned. Arguably the vast majority of the Public are content with that, so it needn't be an issue.

Were hunting to be re-introduced, i think you'd quickly see it become a huge issue once again.

I could not vote for a party that wanted to either re-introduce hunting, or in any way promoted it, or affiliated itself with the promotion of it.

It is certainly a big issue for me, and one of the (many) reasons I don't vote Tory.