The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

9 hours ago, Daweii said:

Yeah. The PPV had a two hour pre-show and a five and a half hour main card, but because the pre-show has matches on it too it's pretty much part of the overall PPV. Anyone in attendance, or anyone watching at home that wanted to see all the matches were watching for seven and a half hours. What makes it worse is that on Friday there was a three hour NXT PPV, a three hour Hall of Fame event on Saturday, a seven and a half hour PPV on Sunday, a three hour episode of RAW on Monday and then two hours of Smackdown last night. 18.5 hours of wrestling/wrestling related content over five nights for anyone mad enough to watch it all. 

You have to be a real hard core fan to sit through half off that alone the full amount. Madness. 

They use to do a acess wm show where you would meet and great wrestlers. That would certainly be better for fans than a 3hr nxt show. 

Overkill or what 

I know it's because Vince likes to limit the use of the word "war" on broadcast television, but this one time he should have made an exception. The Viking Experience just sounds like a **** Disney attraction, it's terrible.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I know it's because Vince likes to limit the use of the word "war" on broadcast television, but this one time he should have made an exception. The Viking Experience just sounds like a **** Disney attraction, it's terrible.

I just hope the crowd chant 'War, War, War' at them all the more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting to me that they're straight in with barbed wire, playing on Moxley's ultra violent tendencies. There are a few workers who could work ultra violent matches - fueds with Penta and Jimmy Havoc would be great. Not sure how far they'll go with a network TV deal, though. 

What's Sami up to at the mo? As a CZW fan during Moxley's title run, I would love a Switchblade Conspiracy reunion. And their old music is great too. 

On 10/04/2019 at 09:08, Daweii said:

The biggest issue with such long shows is those in attendance. A 7.5 hour PPV hurts the main event because audience members were leaving early to catch the last train, or the audience members stuck around and then worried about how they would get home. WrestleMania as it stands now is not a show you want to main event. The best place in the card to appear these days is 3-4 hours in while people are still excited, while people still believe that they won't get tired by the time the main event comes around, but as always the fans tire around 6 hours in making the final 90 minutes of the PPV feel a lot weaker. I feel for Becky Lynch as this was her big moment and firstly Rousey botched the pin cause she's not a wrestler, but secondly coming out 7 hours into the PPV was never going to get a massively overwhelming reaction. 

This is an issue for boxing & UFC too but perhaps they split things a little better for tv purposes as most of the general public will only really be interested in the main card and they tend to make the broadcasts 3-4 hours.

UFC has a 3 hour main card, plus 2 hour prelims & 1 hour early prelims.

Most boxing events in the uk usually have 12 or so fights on the card in total kicking off at 6-6.30 with the main event often not starting until 11+ but the TV coverage doesn't typically start until 8-9.

Both generally mean lots of pissed & tired people long before the main event even begins

I used to watch a fair bit of WWF/WWE between the mid 80's & Early 2000's but there is just too much of it for me to even consider watching now

Edited by LakotaDakota

I think there'll be a chance of this being permanent, or at least semi-permanent. ITV would be a risk free way of testing the waters for the weekly live TV show before potentially shopping it around to channels that will pay more.

27 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I think there'll be a chance of this being permanent, or at least semi-permanent. ITV would be a risk free way of testing the waters for the weekly live TV show before potentially shopping it around to channels that will pay more.

If ITV were willing to show that shite British stuff then I'm sure they'd be more than happy showing this at least on ITV4.  Just hope the production values are a lot better than TNA was.

Apparently this is old news if you keep your ear close to the ground but someone went for Lars Sullivan in a big way overnight. They've got years worth of links and screenshots to his account on a bodybuilding forum where he comes across as a horrible bigoted racist:

Big E has commented on it: 

“There’s a grey area when it comes to sexual intercourse and rape. There’s 100% complete consensual sex when a woman will rip off her clothes and jump on you, then there’s levels that don’t quite reach 100% consent. Most women like men to take control.”

"Some blacks want to take advantage of their great grandparents misfortunes, and they want a piece of the pity pie. Instead of taking some personal responsibility, they choose to attack the white man and say we must take care of them financially.”

"If we’re going off scientific facts, obviously wither Hispanic or Blackwomen. Who pops out the most babies at the youngest age? Hispanics followed by blacks. Why do 50% of black women have STD’s? SLOOTS.

"On the flip side I will ask what are Kofi and R Truth supposed to be? A PG black panther stable? I always wondered why they had to team up two black guys. Both those guys look like they could be in a prison black gang.”

So, I imagine his push is over before it's really begun? 

He's the latest 'monster heel' on the roster continuing in the tradition of guys like Earthquake, Taker, Yokozuna, Kane, Lesnar (etc) and has been getting something of a push on TV over the past couple of months.   Maybe he's just a meathead with roid rage.

Thing is, if the locker room don't want to work with him then he's kinda boned. There's a lot of backstage politics in wrestling as far as I understand things and if people are unable to trust him there where does he have to go? If you are one of the ethnic minorities there are you going to feel safe with him?

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

So, I imagine his push is over before it's really begun? 

You'd hope so, but this is WWE so it's hard to say what will happen. That said this is gaining a ton of traction so it's likely that WWE will have to make a statement eventually. 

Big, Racist and Exceedingly boring.

A VKM jackpot holy trinity Bingo!

Locker room will destroy him and hopefully he’ll be in obscurity or released within 6 months.

Been following this guys career for some time. He had a bit of a break through in Progress, but has been mainly involved with Attack! and Hope. He's only 21, but has already toured the USA and Japan including some great showings in GCW, and has now signed with BJW.

I can't think of any other Brit who has done such a thing with the specific aim of making it big in the Deathmatch scene. I'm struggling to think of a North American other than Violento Jack. There's been a fair few women go over to Stardom and do well for themselves though, Viper and Candy (****) Floss come to mind. 

If anyone is curious, I'd suggest checking out his matches against Spike Trivet, Jimmy Havoc, and the recent 6 man tag match involving Do Not Resuscitate in Progress, plus his GCW matches, especially his main event against Jimmy Lloyd. 

I was fortunate (?) enough to see him at a Kamikaze Pro show in Cov, which featured a rather infamous match against Clint Margera involving darts. Gross. Will follow his Japanese matches as well as possible from here on out, it could lead to DDT dates, more GCW dates, and from there...who knows. 

Â