The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree they should have made it a one on one but they obviously protecting rousey which is lame. Would have preffered Charlotte vs asuka one on one than this. 

As for kofi maybe they might swerve us and have the betrayal at wm and keep title on Bryan for a bit longer. Can't see becky rollins and kofi all winning. 

Hopefully rollins gets. The tite. He deserves it more than anyone. 

Then I think mcintyre will win the mitb and cash in to defeat  rollins with lesnar moving to sd

Good call on McIntyre, reckon he's a shoe in for MITB this year and carrying the briefcase would really help him.

Yeah I think Kofi will get screwed to prolong his chase and add to the frustration.  Much like they did with Bryan at Summerslam when Orton cashed in on him.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Good call on McIntyre, reckon he's a shoe in for MITB this year and carrying the briefcase would really help him.

Yeah I think Kofi will get screwed to prolong his chase and add to the frustration.  Much like they did with Bryan at Summerslam when Orton cashed in on him.

I have a feeling they will say the real reason why Vince ws screwing kofi was big e/xavier/both 

That would make a very interesting storyline. I don't think many would see ut coming as everyone is expecting kofi to win it. I 

I still don't particularly like putting both of the women's titles up in the same match for what is similar to a unification bout. (There are way to many woman superstars on either brand to only have one championship)

I think that is spot on with McIntyre winning MITB (unless he wins the title before)

Edited by Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

I still don't particularly like putting both of the women's titles up in the same match for what is similar to a unification bout. (There are way to many woman superstars on either brand to only have one championship)

I think that is spot on with McIntyre winning MITB (unless he wins the title before)

Should merge them and have an intercontinental level title.

They should also unify the Universal and WWE titles.  I absolutely despise the two world champion thing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Should merge them and have an intercontinental level title.

They should also unify the Universal and WWE titles.  I absolutely despise the two world champion thing.

The splitting of the brands and doubling up of the titles was when it started to die in my opinion. I lost interest right around that point.

Some hero has uploaded the John Oliver bit on WWE and not region locked it to the USA. Starts at 6:20 if you want to skip a genuinely funny bit about Trump, and there are some counter measures in there to stop the bots detecting it but the segment is 90% John talking so it doesn't detract.  

• Like 3

I hear Takeover, Bloodsport and Spring Break part one delivered massively. Haven't watched any of them yet, tho. Also want to see the BLP show as that featured Nick Gage v Hornswoggle. Yes, really! 

And in news that will surprise very few people

Very, very different wrestler compared to the KENTA/Hideo Itami and Shinsuke, but he was the legitimate ace of the Junior division in NJPW for years. Great technician, great agility, good in the air and a striker to boot. Awesome gimmick too, pretty certain he'd be allowed nowhere near it in the states, but he'd be over for sure. 

Edited by hogso

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So a fan attacked Brett Hart at the HOF and got beaten by 10 wrestlers. 

Dash Wilder cracked the guy with an uppercut whilst security were bundling him out.

No flips just fists.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supermon said:

not sure if anyone has watched Wrestlemania yet, i've watched short highlights from youtube, watched the first hour live also, didn't seem like a good Wrestlemania if I'm honest, was a little whack

Watched it live, then had an hour sleep before work 😂

It was good. Take away the HHH and Corbin matches and it'd be even better. The HHH match dragged, was the longest on the card. 🙄

46 minutes ago, Dick said:

Watched it live, then had an hour sleep before work 😂

It was good. Take away the HHH and Corbin matches and it'd be even better. The HHH match dragged, was the longest on the card. 🙄

i dont think the highlights did it justice then

Spoiler

I lost it when the Dr of Thugonomics entered.  Poor Elias got destroyed!!

Spoiler

Not a bad wrestlemania tbh

The good

Kofi and seth winning. 

Becky winning

The bad

In one of the worst bookings I've seen in history iiconics winning tag championship. They are literally the worst I have no idea why they put the titles on them. 

The triple h match dragged

Pointless hogan  Apperance

5 hours ago, supermon said:

i dont think the highlights did it justice then

Reveal hidden contents

I lost it when the Dr of Thugonomics entered.  Poor Elias got destroyed!!

Spoiler

My nephew got into wrestling last year. He has NO IDEA who that Cena is, he said "why can't he do this all the time, he isn't boring" 😄

Actually thought HHH/Dave was one of the better matches, bit of a throwback with all the fun OTT bits (loved the nose ring getting pulled out). Only part that dragged was HHH's entrance, which then got it's own entrance. Lack of storyline/emotional heft served to the detriment of a lot of the card save the obvious ones like Kofi/Becky going over but bahgawd was the ending to the main event a bit sloppy, between the table spot (I AM THE TABLE) and the sketchy pin, and it's only a pet peeve of mine but champions should enter last, not challengers! I'm still a bit salty over Asuka having to drop the title too. No Senpai No Party!

IIconics going over could work if they're positioned well as the comedy heel/failing upwards duo. Good to have a few shock results in there, I think.

Cena/Elias segment was probably the best bit which I'm not sure is more a testament to them or an indictment of the rest of the show. WM did absolutely suffer coming off the back of that NXT Takeover as well, the Gargano/Cole match is one of the best I've ever watched and there wasn't a duff one on the card.

Hoping that the main roster plans for Ricochet and Black isn't to keep them tagging long-term, they're good enough on their own to have credible singles runs.

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Actually thought HHH/Dave was one of the better matches, bit of a throwback with all the fun OTT bits (loved the nose ring getting pulled out). Only part that dragged was HHH's entrance, which then got it's own entrance. Lack of storyline/emotional heft served to the detriment of a lot of the card save the obvious ones like Kofi/Becky going over but bahgawd was the ending to the main event a bit sloppy, between the table spot (I AM THE TABLE) and the sketchy pin, and it's only a pet peeve of mine but champions should enter last, not challengers! I'm still a bit salty over Asuka having to drop the title too. No Senpai No Party!

IIconics going over could work if they're positioned well as the comedy heel/failing upwards duo. Good to have a few shock results in there, I think.

Cena/Elias segment was probably the best bit which I'm not sure is more a testament to them or an indictment of the rest of the show. WM did absolutely suffer coming off the back of that NXT Takeover as well, the Gargano/Cole match is one of the best I've ever watched and there wasn't a duff one on the card.

Hoping that the main roster plans for Ricochet and Black isn't to keep them tagging long-term, they're good enough on their own to have credible singles runs.

The WM shows are far too long. I was forwarding alot of it so I can imagine alot of people were getting bored towards the end. 

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The WM shows are far too long. I was forwarding alot of it so I can imagine alot of people were getting bored towards the end. 

The biggest issue with such long shows is those in attendance. A 7.5 hour PPV hurts the main event because audience members were leaving early to catch the last train, or the audience members stuck around and then worried about how they would get home. WrestleMania as it stands now is not a show you want to main event. The best place in the card to appear these days is 3-4 hours in while people are still excited, while people still believe that they won't get tired by the time the main event comes around, but as always the fans tire around 6 hours in making the final 90 minutes of the PPV feel a lot weaker. I feel for Becky Lynch as this was her big moment and firstly Rousey botched the pin cause she's not a wrestler, but secondly coming out 7 hours into the PPV was never going to get a massively overwhelming reaction. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Seven and a half hours?!?!

Yeah. The PPV had a two hour pre-show and a five and a half hour main card, but because the pre-show has matches on it too it's pretty much part of the overall PPV. Anyone in attendance, or anyone watching at home that wanted to see all the matches were watching for seven and a half hours. What makes it worse is that on Friday there was a three hour NXT PPV, a three hour Hall of Fame event on Saturday, a seven and a half hour PPV on Sunday, a three hour episode of RAW on Monday and then two hours of Smackdown last night. 18.5 hours of wrestling/wrestling related content over five nights for anyone mad enough to watch it all. 

Â