The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

One if the best heel managers/commentators ever. Rip in the brain

He was the best for sure! He was great with everyone he worked with, particularly loved him & Gorilla as commentators… they were brilliant!

Sad he has gone but I'm also relieved for him. He had his gift ironically taken from him in later life and just appeared to be existing in pain for the last few years.

A true legend.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Shit! that is so sad the 'weasel' has passed.

On 9/19/2017 at 15:17, Billson said:

He was the best for sure! He was great with everyone he worked with, particularly loved him & Gorilla as commentators… they were brilliant!

Too true.. "Will you be serious.. I'll have you taken out of here in just second"

RIP Bobby Heenan.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Anyone know if the WWE Live events at the NEC/NIA are worth going to? Anyone here been to one? I've never been to one and have just started getting back in to wrestling so I'm interested in going in November but I don't want to go and find like only 2 big stars and the cruiserweight devision… They list a load of superstars in the advert description but then the small print says lineup may be different to advertised.

Also, how long do the events last?

Edited by Billson

1 hour ago, Billson said:

Anyone know if the WWE Live events at the NEC/NIA are worth going to? Anyone here been to one? I've never been to one and have just started getting back in to wrestling so I'm interested in going in November but I don't want to go and find like only 2 big stars and the cruiserweight devision… They list a load of superstars in the advert description but then the small print says lineup may be different to advertised.

Also, how long do the events last?

The house shows are worth going to if you can't make the televised show.

As it'll be part of a UK tour the majority of the big names (minus part timers like Lesnar) will likely be there.  The show will only feature the stars of it's respective brand though (Raw or Smackdown).

They annoyingly seem to have taken Brum off the cycle of hosting Raw & Smackdown.  The last one was 2012 which was great.  I may be biased but Brum always seemed to have the best crowds.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

The house shows are worth going to if you can't make the televised show.

As it'll be part of a UK tour the majority of the big names (minus part timers like Lesnar) will likely be there.  The show will only feature the stars of it's respective brand though (Raw or Smackdown).

They annoyingly seem to have taken Brum off the cycle of hosting Raw & Smackdown.  The last one was 2012 which was great.  I may be biased but Brum always seemed to have the best crowds.

Thank you, that's very helpful. I assume it will be the Raw superstars at Brum then since it's the same day Smackdown is being held at Manchester Arena.

They could at least have one of Raw/Smackdown at Brum, bit annoying that both are in Manchester!

24 minutes ago, Billson said:

Thank you, that's very helpful. I assume it will be the Raw superstars at Brum then since it's the same day Smackdown is being held at Manchester Arena.

They could at least have one of Raw/Smackdown at Brum, bit annoying that both are in Manchester!

They always do both shows at the same venue but it always used to be April in London and it would alternate between Brum and Manc in November.

Since the last Brum one though they've done Liverpool and Glasgow and gone back to Manc so I assume they've sacked it off.

• 2 weeks later...

wargames.jpg

WarGames is returning November 18th 2017.

NXT will be hosting NXT TakeOver: WarGames featuring the original WarGames match from WCW for the first time in 21 years.

The Main Event will be 'Sanity' (Alexander Wolfe, Eric Young & Killian Dain) vs. 'The Undisputed Era' (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) vs. 'The Authors of Pain' (Akam & Rezar) and Roderick Strong in WarGames.

As said above it has been 21 years since this stipulation was last seen and it's the first time it will be seen in WWE. It is currently unknown if WWE will stick to the rule set 100% or tweak it, but this could be pretty damn awesome.

---------------------------

Other matches on the card are as follows;

Ember Moon vs. Kairi Sane vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce (Fatal 4 Way match for the vacant NXT Women's Championship)

Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Andrade Almas (Singles match for the NXT Championship) 

Aleister Black vs. The Velveteen Dream (Singles match) 

Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan (Singles match)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

Great card

Hell in a cell - falls count anywhere; thoughts? 

Kind of nullifies the point of a Hell in a Cell, but I also feel the stipulation is that overused now that it may just make this one exciting for once. 

WWE have an issue with people tuning in and that was never an issue for Hell in a Cell, but it's so overused and the match rarely satisfies that I feel WWE had to make it obvious that this Hell in a Cell would deliver the carnage. This Sunday Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens will be the 38th Hell in a Cell match with 22 of those happening in the last 8 years, it's getting a little boring now. 

So personally Falls Count Anywhere Hell in a Cell defeats the purpose, but from an advertising standpoint it tells fans that this match will escape the Cell and that makes it a Hell in a Cell worth tuning in for.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Kind of nullifies the point of a Hell in a Cell, but I also feel the stipulation is that overused now that it may just make this one exciting for once. 

WWE have an issue with people tuning in and that was never an issue for Hell in a Cell, but it's so overused and the match rarely satisfies that I feel WWE had to make it obvious that this Hell in a Cell would deliver the carnage. This Sunday Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens will be the 38th Hell in a Cell match with 22 of those happening in the last 8 years, it's getting a little boring now. 

So personally Falls Count Anywhere Hell in a Cell defeats the purpose, but from an advertising standpoint it tells fans that this match will escape the Cell and that makes it a Hell in a Cell worth tuning in for.

Yeah I hate building whole PPVs around things like Hell In A Cell.  Sometimes it seems like they're having a match in the cell for the sake of it, when before it used to be to end a particularly brutal feud (preferably with someone prepared to fly off the top).  I guess at least Shane and KO have done a decent job building it up.  I just hope it isn't falls count anywhere because they've prerecorded something daft backstage because they don't fancy doing another spot from the cell itself.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah I hate building whole PPVs around things like Hell In A Cell.  Sometimes it seems like they're having a match in the cell for the sake of it, when before it used to be to end a particularly brutal feud (preferably with someone prepared to fly off the top).  I guess at least Shane and KO have done a decent job building it up.  I just hope it isn't falls count anywhere because they've prerecorded something daft backstage because they don't fancy doing another spot from the cell itself.

I think my main concern at this point is that they end the match on the roof.

What I want is that they escape the Cell and go up top. They then fight up there for a bit and after a while Owens does the safest version of a powerbomb off the roof and pins Shane on the now broken announce table. 

I feel something like that, or something similar to that will happen, but WWE being WWE may just tease it and then have Owens win on the roof instead.

I don't think they will pre-record anything. I think it's just down to if Shane can convince Vince to let him do something even more hardcore than his elbow drop at WrestleMania 32.

Â