The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

@Demitri_C Looking at that I think you might be spot on.

Raw will win on the night as they did last year, but giving Smackdown the "bigger" wins like the Men's Survivor Series Match and Styles beating Lesnar would work as WWE ultimately want both brands to leave the event look strong.

I could even see Raw winning 5-2 assuming that Smackdown win the two biggest matches of the night.

They definitely have a lot of leeway with regards to booking this event. I could even see Bliss going over Charlotte just to have Corbin go over Miz as Corbin is being built up still and a win over Miz would be huge for him. 

Really if they were smart they would have AJ winning this and if they eventually want to move AJ to raw have lesnar go after him trying to avenge that loss. It wont hurt lesnar the loss as AJ would be on SD. I then think Lesnar and Samoa Joe should continue their feud. That for me was really good feud shame they cut it so quickly.

You could be right abour SD winning the bigger matches but raw winning more therefore a stalemate 

I think Corbin should go over miz too but i think Miz has been excellent lately so cant see him losing. 

• Like 1

Black Vs Dream is a late candidate for my moty.

Tommy is the **** man. Future all time great in the making. His look, his entrance, his ringworm is just sublime. Dream hung with him too, I'm glad he is establishing himself. A lot of talent in these two men.

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Black Vs Dream is a late candidate for my moty.

Tommy is the **** man. Future all time great in the making. His look, his entrance, his ringworm is just sublime. Dream hung with him too, I'm glad he is establishing himself. A lot of talent in these two men.

I'll have to re-watch that match later today as I caught pieces of it while cooking and came away with the impression that I had just missed match of the night.

Everything I saw while pre-occupied impressed me, namely how good Velveteen Dream was as he has no right being that good for a Tough Enough contestant that has been wrestling 2-3 years. He's a real talent and Black is just phenomenal.  

Spoiler

Really enjoyed Survivor Series although the ending was a bit mad… At least Jason Jordan didn't show up to interfere! They really are doing all they can to make Strowman look like a beast too! 

Lesnar vs AJ should have been the main event for me. With Smackdown winning at 3 - 2 it was obvious that Lesnar would win to even the score once it was apparent that match would be next up.

Women's 5v5 was a bit hit & miss, especially the Alicia Fox elimination, something seemed botched there. No surprises that Asuka survived. Other than that & the odd choice of ending. I thought each match was mostly great.

7 hours ago, Billson said:
  Hide contents

Really enjoyed Survivor Series although the ending was a bit mad… At least Jason Jordan didn't show up to interfere! They really are doing all they can to make Strowman look like a beast too! 

Lesnar vs AJ should have been the main event for me. With Smackdown winning at 3 - 2 it was obvious that Lesnar would win to even the score once it was apparent that match would be next up.

Women's 5v5 was a bit hit & miss, especially the Alicia Fox elimination, something seemed botched there. No surprises that Asuka survived. Other than that & the odd choice of ending. I thought each match was mostly great.

Spoiler

That was one of the worst endings they could have done. Having triple h survive and burying the young talent early like roode nakamura. Then having Shane last.

what a lame ending, predictable and shit.

aj and lesnar although predicatable was great match. Have to say was really disappointing didn't enjoy at all. Such a shame

The main event was trash..

How in 2017 can we be ending PPV's with Triple H going over everyone?

Survivor Series in general was good, but that main event made no damn sense and left more than half the participants finishing the match looking weaker.

I just don't get what WWE are doing with this as they put Strowman over big at the expense of almost everyone else.

Amazing how WWE don't get it, but their other brand NXT is run flawlessly to the point where TakeOver: WarGames was one of the best PPV's of the year.

I don't understand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

The main event was trash..

How in 2017 can we be ending PPV's with Triple H going over everyone?

Survivor Series in general was good, but that main event made no damn sense and left more than half the participants finishing the match looking weaker.

I just don't get what WWE are doing with this as they put Strowman over big at the expense of almost everyone else.

Amazing how WWE don't get it, but their other brand NXT is run flawlessly to the point where TakeOver: WarGames was one of the best PPV's of the year.

I don't understand.

I don't understand it either. Nakamura beat cena, that should have put him on the map. Then he gets eliminated first?? Then roode (who they have totally ruined since he came on sd) goes next leaving two has EE set and Orton. Then they get rid of Samoa **** joe and Finn Baylor wtf??

leaving two more hasbeens and strowman. Then to leave angle, triple h and Shane as 3 of the final 4?? We back in the 00s? Then triple h taking angle out made absolutely  no sense. One of the worst endings ever seen in a ppv in years. The fans did not buy that crap ending either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't understand it either. Nakamura beat cena, that should have put him on the map. Then he gets eliminated first?? Then roode (who they have totally ruined since he came on sd) goes next leaving two has EE set and Orton. Then they get rid of Samoa **** joe and Finn Baylor wtf??

leaving two more hasbeens and strowman. Then to leave angle, triple h and Shane as 3 of the final 4?? We back in the 00s? Then triple h taking angle out made absolutely  no sense. One of the worst endings ever seen in a ppv in years. The fans did not buy that crap ending either.

Agreed and the end is completely Triple H focused.

That finish sets up Triple H vs Angle and Triple H vs Strowman which is great for Triple H as it keeps him on TV, but where the rest of talent in that match go from here I have no idea. 

Last night like you said felt like we were back in 2006 or something it was so poorly booked.

I assume RAW will deliver the answers, I am very curious to see how Triple H rationalises his actions as the whole thing made no sense. 

43 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Agreed and the end is completely Triple H focused.

That finish sets up Triple H vs Angle and Triple H vs Strowman which is great for Triple H as it keeps him on TV, but where the rest of talent in that match go from here I have no idea. 

Last night like you said felt like we were back in 2006 or something it was so poorly booked.

I assume RAW will deliver the answers, I am very curious to see how Triple H rationalises his actions as the whole thing made no sense. 

Thought the only point in HHH being there was to cost Angle the GM role and it did that.  Still think a HHH v Shane feud would be better if he'd helped KO at Hell in a Cell.  Could have started a new stable with Zayn joining.  Looked like Nakaumra did the face stay in the ring the longest but get beat thing which was fair enough.  Joe, Balor, Roode and Cena got a bit lost in it all though.

• Like 1

Spoiler

So Paige returned and brought with her Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose from NXT.

Interesting way to go. I think a faction of sorts in the Women's division could add that spark that's been missing. It's just neat to have Paige back as there are very few on RAW that feel like a threat to Alexa Bliss.

All in all though a rather average RAW.

Reigns won the Intercontinental Championship to become a Grand Slam Champion which given he's only been on the main roster 5 years is absurd, but Dean Ambrose achieved it first so who am I to complain.

Seems the most entertaining part of RAW happened off air. The Miz devastated about losing puts over the prestige of the IC title and then The Shield put him through a table. Shame that the most productive moment of RAW happened off air. 

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Vince bought Hogan back for WM and reanimates the corpse of Andre and gets Roman to bodyslam both of them at the same time.

What I think we'll get is Reigns vs Lesnar which will be Reigns 4th WM main event in a row, he'll beat Lesnar to win his first Universal Title (his 4th Heavyweight Title) and he'll likely still be the Intercontinental Champ when he does it. 

Fast forward to later in 2018 and he'll likely win Money in the Bank because that's something he hasn't won yet and then I don't know what.. Feed the current NXT champ to him so he can win that at least once? 

2019 he'll probably main event Mania again just so he can be the first wrestler since Hulk Hogan to main event WM 5 times in a row..

Caught up with NXT yesterday. Wargames was an excellent event, I was over the moon that Almas won the title. There was even a brief 'tranquilo' moment which was a lovely touch. Great match too. Even the main event was good, considering it's one of the most gimmicky matches of all time. Women's match was disappointing, mostly cos I don't really like the new champ, but with all the recent moves to the main roster/s, it makes sense that we'll see Baszler (and others from the MYC) step up on NXT, so in that way it's a good thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â