The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

3 hours ago, hogso said:

How long until the world of professional wrestling gets embroiled in the current sexual assualt and abuse story in the states? Vince at the very least has quite a storied past in that regard.

And that's just kayfabe Vince.

Image result for vince trish bark gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogso said:

How long until the world of professional wrestling gets embroiled in the current sexual assualt and abuse story in the states? Vince at the very least has quite a storied past in that regard.

I am suprised there isnt yet. But from what I have heard in the past the WWE have such fantastic lawyers you would have absolutely no chance without concrete evidence. 

I still haven't got round to watching Mondo's new movie, but I have been watching wXw's 10 episode series on Thumbtack Jack called "He's So Sick" (a reference to his entrance music). There's usually a couple of his matches per episode, with all the most infamous (outside of ToD and KotDM) matches present - the SAW death match against Drake Younger (now a WWE referee), the 'Walking on Pins and Needles' match with JC Bailey (now dead), the falls count anywhere match with Kenny Omega (now the best in the world), and so many more besides. He's almost certainly the best European DM wrestler ever, far surpassing the likes of Jimmy Havoc - a great wrestler, but not a great DM wrestler. The matches are interspersed with comments from TJ, including anecdotes relating to his time as a wrester before injury forced his retirement - among them a story of when a drunk Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) belted along the autobahn at nearly 200kph to get TJ and Younger to a hospital. What a dude.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:04, hogso said:

Exactly, it would only be more so since 1997 as many wrestlers before then are dead now so it would be backstage staff more.

There is already a ton of documentaries on the 90s sex and steroid scandals in WWF  etc. And it was muted then about sexual allegations too.

WWF would be more rife than Hollywood for all this type of carry on!.... "I gaurantee you".

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

That whole Jason Jordan thing has been ridiculous from the start.  I feel a bit sorry for him, and Kurt for that matter.

The fans didn't buy it. Was a stupid angle. Really you can see Jordan turning on kurt soon. For me they should do triple h vs angle at rumble and Jordan screws kurt then they face off at mania.

the traditional survivor series match is going to be awesome although raw will obviously win as they have a stronger team. For me Shane shouldn't be in the match. I would put Owens in place of shane

The build to this Survivor Series has been extremely entertaining, I have enjoyed the card for the event changing weekly as new Champions are crowned and superstars are taken out and replaced. 

Overall I think the card is a very strong one with the notable standouts being Team Raw vs Team Smackdown on the Men's side, Lesnar/Styles and Shield/New Day, but I gotta say I'm looking forward to almost every match on the card as Survivor Series during a brand split is more like a sporting event, I am supporting Smackdown so every match is a must see match. 

This weekend will be great for WWE. NXT: WarGames on the Saturday which will be phenomenal I don't think NXT have put on a truly bad PPV yet. Then of course Survivor Series on the Sunday which could be one of the best Survivor Series in years provided everyone puts in the effort. 

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

The build to this Survivor Series has been extremely entertaining, I have enjoyed the card for the event changing weekly as new Champions are crowned and superstars are taken out and replaced. 

Overall I think the card is a very strong one with the notable standouts being Team Raw vs Team Smackdown on the Men's side, Lesnar/Styles and Shield/New Day, but I gotta say I'm looking forward to almost every match on the card as Survivor Series during a brand split is more like a sporting event, I am supporting Smackdown so every match is a must see match. 

This weekend will be great for WWE. NXT: WarGames on the Saturday which will be phenomenal I don't think NXT have put on a truly bad PPV yet. Then of course Survivor Series on the Sunday which could be one of the best Survivor Series in years provided everyone puts in the effort. 

I can't see the sad team winning, they look a lot weaker than raw esp with strowman joe and now triple h.

cena is a whipping boy these days as is Shane. Nah and roode still too fresh for me to win it. Ortons been irrelevant I mean wasn't even there this week?

i hope aj beats lesnar, that won't hurt lesnar much, but you know lesnar will win.

as for war games looks really intriguing as liked that concept in wcw might check that out

@Demitri_C Yeah, last year Smackdown beat Raw in the Men's match so I think Raw will win this time. Raw beat Smackdown in the Women's match so I see Smackdown winning that one. The rest will be a pretty even split I think, I have no idea who will win in the other matches although I think Shield will go over New Day. 

10 hours ago, Daweii said:

@Demitri_C Yeah, last year Smackdown beat Raw in the Men's match so I think Raw will win this time. Raw beat Smackdown in the Women's match so I see Smackdown winning that one. The rest will be a pretty even split I think, I have no idea who will win in the other matches although I think Shield will go over New Day. 

With aksura on the womens team i cant see them losing unless dana brook intervenes we already saw a lil feud developing between them

Can they really have SD lose both of those fights and AJ losing along with the new day.

If it was me I would book like this

AJ beats Lesnar

Mens Team SD wins mens (roode and nakamura surviving)

Womens Team Raw (Sasha, Aksura surviving with bayley getting jealous and turns on sasha)

Charlotte over Bliss

Miz over Corbin

Shield over New Day

Sheamus & Cesaro over usos

That would make neither side not have looked two bad 4-3 raw

I think they also should have had a inter brand battle royal with winner getting a shot of IC/US title of their brand at next PPV 

It's just so much more entertaining when there is some kind of underlying story.

I'm so used to wrestlers just being paired off for no reason and having a feud lasting 3 PPVs and that's it.  This has been a refreshing change. 

I'm sure normal service will resume next week though.

• Like 2

@Demitri_C Looking at that I think you might be spot on.

Raw will win on the night as they did last year, but giving Smackdown the "bigger" wins like the Men's Survivor Series Match and Styles beating Lesnar would work as WWE ultimately want both brands to leave the event look strong.

I could even see Raw winning 5-2 assuming that Smackdown win the two biggest matches of the night.

They definitely have a lot of leeway with regards to booking this event. I could even see Bliss going over Charlotte just to have Corbin go over Miz as Corbin is being built up still and a win over Miz would be huge for him. 

Â