The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Watched it again. He's bang on about everything especially the whole Brock Lesner and Paul Heyman thing. Brock Lesner had the potential to be the best. I know he bust a few people's necks but he still made wrestling enjoyable and should not have been let go. Same scenario with CM Punk. As I said yesterday, watching that video has made me like him alot more now.

Brock Lesner had the potential to be the best. I know he bust a few people's necks but he still made wrestling enjoyable and should not have been let go.

Thought it was only his own and Rob Howard's necks that he messed up (and Rob Howard was by all accounts at fault for acting like a cock)?

Wrong invasion. I imagine hogso was referring to the "invasion" in the 90's when ECW were just starting to put a bit of pressure on the big boys, and were looking for publicity for their first PPV.

If you ask me, that move by Nice was because he saw that ECW were gathering a "cult" following, if you will, but didn't see them as a serious threat. Therefore if he supported them it woudl look like he was giving them a massive boost (which he was), and so give him some credence with their fans, whilst not seriously endangering losing any of the WWF's fans

No, I know what invasion he was on about, the 00's WCW and ECW invasion was after it they'd both been bought out. But like I said, Vince Mcmahon was putting money in Paul Heyman's pocket as far back as the 90's whilst also raiding them of talent before the first invasion.

Brock Lesner had the potential to be the best. I know he bust a few people's necks but he still made wrestling enjoyable and should not have been let go.

Thought it was only his own and Rob Howard's necks that he messed up (and Rob Howard was by all accounts at fault for acting like a cock)?

His own, Bob Holly and A-Trains too. Far too clumsy to be honest, especially with that mental finisher he had. Broken necks written all over it!

Rob/Holly sandbagged the powerbomb though, but I'll give you A-Train's injury. Totally forgot about that one. If Brock hadn't ran round in stupid circles trying to over-sell some kind of uber-F5 (not that he even needed to, it was a spectacular enough looking finisher in it's own right) then it would've been fine.

******SPOILER ALERT***********

Well considering the results of next weeks Raw are already out as it was taped. I can confirm it was a worked shoot as Punk v Cena is back on but if Cena loses he gets fired.

Well considering the results of next weeks Raw are already out as it was taped. I can confirm it was a worked shoot as Punk v Cena is back on but if Cena loses he gets fired.

Like last time Cena got fired? where he turned up every week anyway.

Indeed. They should have just made it so if cena loses then they'll make his life hell, constant handicap matches, steel cage against the likes of mark henry and jackson, just pure torture, that'd help cena win back some fans that he's lost with his constant superman shit.

But then that's require the wwe to learn how to book matches. Cena has been wrestling with injuries for months now as the guy won't take time off, so I guess this is one way to give him time off if they want to go down that route.

not that any of that matters, cena skill win anyway.

Indeed. They should have just made it so if cena loses then they'll make his life hell, constant handicap matches, steel cage against the likes of mark henry and jackson, just pure torture, that'd help cena win back some fans that he's lost with his constant superman shit.

But then that's require the wwe to learn how to book matches. Cena has been wrestling with injuries for months now as the guy won't take time off, so I guess this is one way to give him time off if they want to go down that route.

not that any of that matters, cena skill win anyway.

Then he can come back early ''overcome the odds'' and win everything again... :yawn:

Then he can come back early ''overcome the odds'' and win everything again... :yawn:

I'd be hoping it turned him against the WWE and he went heel. He's already boo'd by half the crowd anyway, I can't see a way to put Cena over as a face that anyone but the kids will like these days without him going through a major character change.

But then they'd be left with pretty much no faces, just Orton who I still don't understand as a face, the guy has mental issues and likes to kick people in the head, and he's a face... whereas they turn Christian heel.

The actual stipulation is if Punk leaves with the title then Cena is fired. On that basis I'm going to hazard a guess that Punk will get the win for the big reaction but then lose the title to the MITB winner before the end of the show.

I think he was wearing the Stone Cold shirt to tease the possibility of a future match. They've had a lot of (kayfabe) beef on twitter on the like and they had a very tense and entertaining face to face on Raw a couple of weeks back.

Yeah that's how I see it going down.

Struggling to see who they can have win MITB that is both a decent champion and would make sense. Ray Mysterio could work, but with any of the heels you've got the problem of a heel cashing it in on a heel. They'd instantly gain huge face heat for "saving the WWE" so unless they're planning a face turn that will be difficult to work with. I guess Del Rio could work, as he could just arrogantly proclaim it was his destiny to be the one to save the title and go on about how no one else could have done it.

In my opinion Punk HAS signed a new contract already. They wouldn't let CM Punk say some of the stuff that he said if he was out of the door in three weeks! WWE don't work like that. Now I'm not saying that he's going to win the title and not leave but it wouldn't surprise me if it went down like that. He has been feuding with Rey again lately so if Rey wins the money in the bank it will sort of continue the feud between those two if Punk wins the title. If you add into the mix that John Cena needs surgery, nothing too major but he needs to get himself sorted sooner rather than later then If Cena gets "fired" then this will allow him time to get the surgery but even if this did happen then I'd expect Cena to be back within 4-6 weeks anyway. WWE can go multiple ways with this which makes the next few weeks very interesting but no doubt they will probably **** up a great opportunity... AGAIN!

but no doubt they will probably **** up a great opportunity... AGAIN!

This is the crux of it for me.

What WWE does best is writing themselves into decent positions, only to **** it up.

I can see tons of places they could go with the storyline, but only one stands out as the way it'll go down seeing as it's the WWE, Cena will superman the shit out of CM punk.

I'd be interested to see the order of matches for MITB, it really wouldn't surprise me if Cena vs CM Punk was before the raw MITB match, and CM Punk beats Cena (obviously via some screw job, can't have Cena be pinned clean can we?), only for Cena to force his way into the MITB match (probably at the expense of R-Truth, you know how he loves putting his places in matches on the line!) win, and then cash it in to save the day in the final 5minutes of the show.

• 3 weeks later...
Â