90 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

I'm **** pissed off.

Why?

Because the sectarian words removed (orange order) have pressured the UUP/DUP into having another joint unionist candidate in order to prevent a nationalist from having a fair shot. It's **** beyond a joke this country. Not even taking into account the fact we steal your tax money just to piss it away, why would anyone even bother with the union with these clearings in the woods in charge?

It's a joke. A sectarian **** joke.

(I know, Sinn Fein have been guilty of this before, but two wrongs doesn't make a right)

I can understand disenchantment with you English when it comes to voting this time around, and fair enough. but really it feels as if a vote for anyone half decent would just be a **** waste in this country.

Bleh.

That's what happens when you align with the NHS bashing, VAT raising, gay hating Tory party

the UUP are a fairly word removed raggish party as it is, didn't need to align with the airbrush man and the gimp but they went ahead and did it, probably ironically at the expense of the seats they are doing their best to sickenly win through 80 year old tactics.

i look forward to the day i leave this shite hole.

I haven't decided who to vote for yet, so come on politicians, bribe me with something worthwhile and you'll get my vote.

Especially if it involves lowering fuel duty

That's what happens when you align with the NHS bashing,

The Tories have committed to ring fencing NHS spending, Labour haven't.

VAT raising

Labour are refusing to rule out a VAT rise.

gay hating Tory party

Can you substantiate that?

Sounds to me like you are getting a little desperate there mate...

All as shit as each other.

For all the dodgy Torry Lords we have the Labour government spending our money before they got it of us, thus meaning we were **** come recession time, you dont see other countries having such a hard recession (Australia) because they actually bothered to not run their country not like a bank!

Then the Lib dems have their shite website and policies which are bonkers because deep down they know there not going to get in..

Needs a change though Labour are stale, whether its Lib Dems or Torrys needs someone other than Labour and their tax everything in sight motto.

In 5 years time i'll want someone different again.

All as crap as each other.

Oh and dont trust someone with white hair and black eyebrows, makes no sense.

That's what happens when you align with the NHS bashing,

The Tories have committed to ring fencing NHS spending, Labour haven't.

VAT raising

Labour are refusing to rule out a VAT rise.

gay hating Tory party

Can you substantiate that?

Sounds to me like you are getting a little desperate there mate...

Problem is for the Tories is that a lot of people think that about them, it's just life experience and your brain tends to remember pain a lot more than happiness as a protection mechanism.

For me voting tory would be a bit like running a country pub on a nice summers day in late August, there's a nice young family of 5 people been in all day, the bloke asks for 1 more pint before he drives home. I think he has had enough alcohol but I serve him anyway as he seems OK ish, he drives off in his MPV with the kids in the back. The thought hits me as he disappears around the bend in the road, a tight knot of fear and dread, a lot of innocent people could get really really badly hurt here and I am going to be a part of it.

For me voting tory would be a bit like running a country pub on a nice summers day in late August, there's a nice young family of 5 people been in all day, the bloke asks for 1 more pint before he drives home. I think he has had enough alcohol but I serve him anyway as he seems OK ish, he drives off in his MPV with the kids in the back. The thought hits me as he disappears around the bend in the road, a tight knot of fear and dread, a lot of innocent people could get really really badly hurt here and I am going to be a part of it.

Copied and pasted - :thumb:

The only certainty with this election is that once it’s over the winner is going to tell us they’ve had a chance to look more closely at the books and there’s sour news to suck up.

At present the various teams are only driven by a desire to achieve power. As such they need to say as little as possible about their own ideas whilst ridiculing the ideas of the others as being poorly thought out. The argument over whether we should increase vat and / or national insurance and / or income tax and / or dream up new taxes will be of little actual consequence to me personally. I’m that middle ground guy with a middling salary and a middling lifestyle. I’m about to get wacked by the winner of the 2010 general election. They just can’t bring themselves to properly tell me that yet.

My lifestyle is about to suffer because as we all know, the last thing this country needs is a reduction in its nuclear weapon capability, the scrapping of i.d. cards, banks paying a bit back, a reduction in the cost of the political classes and so on.

What I need to assess is how and why I believe the various parties will manage the rest of the economy and the people around me. Luckily, I have previous experience of how the Tory Party will deal with the situation. They will slash and burn anything that doesn’t turn a profit for business. John Redwood will re appear from the shadows and delight in cutting services with one hand whilst touching himself with the other. Tax relief will be announced that will help ‘over 2 million people’. What most people don’t understand is that this tax relief therefore doesn’t help 63 million people. As such there is very little chance it was a policy to help you. But don’t worry, if you already had a decent house, some flat rental income and a Range Rover, the holiday in Madeira is now safe. For the majority, the Tory’s will be genuinely wilfully nasty. But now with added airbrushing.

As for Labour, well hopefully in the unlikely event of being re elected they would show a little more restraint before jumping into any new illegal wars. You’d also hope that the very fact they’ve plainly run out of ideas after a decade or so in power would limit their ability to tinker and change schools and hospitals. Perhaps what our nationalised ‘services’ actually need is a breather, a rest from any more initiatives and revised targets. I fear I’m being a little naïve there. I do suspect we would get significantly more industrial action over the next few years if Labour manage to keep power.

Just remember, regardless of who wins, all governments are liars and murderers.

I do want to vote, I suspect this time around its a 'minority' party that hasn't proven itself deceitful as it hasn't yet had power to abuse, or, it's a scribbled 'none of the above' at the bottom of the ballot.

Just remember, regardless of who wins, all governments are liars and murderers.

Good point, we the public should not get fooled by the election bolox. No matter what the party is they are doing it to improve their lives and the lives of their own family and friends. The MP moto should be "improve your own life at the expense of of 60 million others is perfectly acceptable and generally a good idea my old boy."

60,000 pharaohs.....6 Billion slaves spinning on a rock flying through space at 50,000 miles per hour, it's all rather depressing but painfully true. A simple rule that an MP can only earn the average wage of his constituency might be good for a laugh. Dave Cameron, MP for Birkenhead has a certain ring to it. At least the people running for it would be proper people then.

John Redwood will re appear from the shadows and delight in cutting services with one hand whilst touching himself with the other.

That's both very funny and very creepy.

Perhaps what our nationalised ‘services’ actually need is a breather, a rest from any more initiatives and revised targets. I fear I’m being a little naïve there.

Maybe a little deaf? :winkold:

Doesn't Gordo want to be a 'relentless reformer'?

I'm not sure Dave hasn't said much the same about public services, too.

No matter what the party is they are doing it to improve their lives and the lives of their own family and friends

:shock:

how many MP's are there and how many were convicted of fiddling expenses etc ?

Even Brown who through Buffoonery may have wrecked the UK economy is sincere in what he is doing ..just not very good at it

No matter what the party is they are doing it to improve their lives and the lives of their own family and friends

:shock:

how many MP's are there and how many were convicted of fiddling expenses etc ?

Even Brown who through Buffoonery may have wrecked the UK economy is sincere in what he is doing ..just not very good at it

Not on about expenses just politics in general, whatever is on the table they think what they can get out of it first and how their own life can be improved, population second. In light of the expenses scandal and the global recession the right and correct thing for the MP's to do would be to take a huge pay cut IMO, did they ?

Here's a question, if a political party that you despise wins the election on May 6th would you consider emmigrating?

I pretty much despise them all and took preemptive action!

the right and correct thing for the MP's to do would be to take a huge pay cut IMO

out of interest , why would it be ? MP's didn't cause the global recession ... arguably Brown should have fallen on his sword as a honourable thing but he's sort of not really in the real world and can't see that he has done anything wrong

I think you are doing many (though not all ,granted ) MP's a dis-service to be honest .....

Oh and do you think it is right that MPs accused of fiddling their expenses should get legal aid (ie paid for by you and me)?

Nope. Then again there are plenty of other people who get it that i don't agree with so nothing new there. I don't know what the criteria is for it, I'm guessing its financial so I'm surprised they qualify.

It does though stick in the throat given what they are charged with.