90 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

Here's a question, if a political party that you despise wins the election on May 6th would you consider emigrating?

If they do manage to win the best way is to vote with ones feet, get yourself and your family away from the place and to the nearest place of safety that speaks the lingo (Holland for eg). Number one place in Europe to bring up kids and it has coffee shops, kinda laughs in the face of the class A,B and C bolox.

8)

Holland is a good shout, especially if Labour get in. You can then get used to a barren, featureless landscape, which is what will greet you upon your return.

Holland is a good shout, especially if Labour get in. You can then get used to a barren, featureless landscape, which is what will greet you upon your return.

It's a bit unfair to settle returning emigres in Lincolnshire.

John Redwood will re appear from the shadows and delight in cutting services with one hand whilst touching himself with the other.

I shivered when I read that.

But then for John Redwood read Peter Mandleson or Simon Hughes.

Every party has a slippery animal or two lurking around somewhere.

John Redwood will re appear from the shadows and delight in cutting services with one hand whilst touching himself with the other.

Hannan

Johnson

Green

Tebbit

Just for a bit of "fun" and following the wheeling out of Michael - eh what day is it? - Caine the other day, I came across this list from 2006. The guy who wrote it, Iain Dale is a Tory supporter. I wonder if these supporting you are a good thing or a bad thing (Note: I know a couple are dead now)

Celeb Tory supporters

Kirstie Allsop, Glynis Barber, Cilla Black, Michael Brandon, Errol Brown, Janet Brown, Frank Bruno, Judith Chalmers, Joan Collins, Ronnie Corbett, Paul Daniels, Jim Davidson, Ken Dodd, Lynsey de Paul, Julian Fellowes, Bryan Ferry, Freddie Forsyth, James Gaddas, Tony Hadley, Nicky Haslam, Matt Jay, Nanette Newman, Bruce Oldfield, Zandra Rhodes, Anneka Rice, Tim Rice, Phil Spencer, Peter Stringfellow, Jimmy Tarbuck, Marco Pierre White, Anthony Worral Thompson, Bill Wyman

Neil Adams, Mark Bosnich, Ian Botham, Trevor Brooking, Bob Champion, Tony Cottee, Garth Crooks, Susanne Dando, Steve Davis, Nick Faldo, Graham Gooch, Jimmy Greaves, Brian Jacks, Clive Lloyd, Terry Neil, Fred Trueman

Hannan

Johnson

Green

Tebbit

Harriet Harperson

Tessa Jowell

Jacqui Smith

Geoffrey Robinson

Her Dictator Mandelweasel

Steven Byers

Geoff Hoon

I am worried about Jim Davidson and in particular Garth Crooks. Then again from my knowledge he does like to speed around a bit in his motor! perhaps he wants conservatives to cut the number of speed cameras.

Surely we all want a Villa fan as a PM?

Thats the most important thing.

Of course he's a Villa fan .................... yeah !

Nephew of Dugdale .......... explains a lot

Surely we all want a Villa fan as a PM?

Thats the most important thing.

Sure he is a Villa fan :crylaugh:

rather have Jacqui Smith TBH.

still, was quite amused on the news last night when Green Dave, the man of the people, was trying to talk football with some blokes and came out with the "I'm an Aston Villa supporter" line.

Guess this one is aimed at the "Tories will look after the rich " members ... does this change your perception of what the current govt is doing v what the Tories might do ?

current example

Anyone entitled to claim tax credits – and that includes about half of all pensioners – whose annual income exceeds about £7,000 has some of their state benefits withdrawn through a means test.

To be precise, claimants lose 39p of tax credit for every £1 of income above that limit. Then, like anyone earning more than £6,475 a year – the current personal allowance – they must pay National Insurance Contributions (NICs) at 11pc.

Plus, to put the tin lid on it, like everybody whose income exceeds their personal allowance, they must now pay 20pc income tax instead of the 10pc they paid on the first £2,230 earned in the last fiscal year before Mr Brown cut off the bottom rung of the tax ladder. So, total deductions from their marginal earnings are 39pc, plus 11pc, plus 20pc – or a total of 70pc.

What it all boils down to is that people earning about £7,000 a year are allowed to keep just 30p in every £1 they earn above that level. The scope of this poverty trap was set out in the Treasury’s Red Book.

Funnily enough, the chapter was headed ‘Fairness and Opportunity For All’.

the full article , obviously from a biased source , can be found here ..it's actually quite shocking IF true ...

From the Torygraph

The poverty trap is hardly something new, Tony.

for sure but it's being cited as a major reason why people on VT would "Never" vote Tory ... which is why i wondered if the people that say it are actually aware of what is currently going on ?