90 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

Here's a question, if a political party that you despise wins the election on May 6th would you consider emmigrating?
They probably will, and no, I won't.

Here's a question, if a political party that you despise wins the election on May 6th would you consider emmigrating?

I gave it some thought the other week and the answer is probably not as I have people in this country who depend on me and my company for work and despite VT stereotypes about Tories I have a responsibility to those people that would prevent me from just closing down and going ..not that it will change the stereotype of course :winkold:

I despise all of them, but the ones I despise the most, I don't think I'm in the position to be buggering off ;).

And I;d say if they qualify to receive legal aid, they can have it.

That's really a "i'm taking my ball home becuase i didn't win" type of response, surely?

having lived in this country through Thatcherism and Grey-ism thereafter, the answer would be no.

If you are that appaled by an incoming govenment, better to stay and try to get it changed, or get it to change its course of action.

Can't see how leaving does anyone any good, other than maybe you in very narrow terms, but then there are always other considerations, and it isn't just about who the current govt is.

That's really a "i'm taking my ball home becuase i didn't win" type of response, surely?

not really , it could be saying that I beleive I can have a better future elsewhere

for example I could sell my house , buy an even bigger one in Hunagry and still live comfortably off the leftover money my UK house sale would generate ..and without having to work again or being taxed to the hilt becuase someone who didn't remortage their house and work stupid hours for 2 years without a holiday to start a business up doesn't think it's fair

If you are that appaled by an incoming govenment, better to stay and try to get it changed, or get it to change its course of action.

When you currently have 25 % on here who have said they would still vote labour after all they have done ,whilst saying they would never vote tory for all the things they once did , i think the chances of one person changing things are rather remote , don't you ?

When you currently have 25 % on here who have said they would still vote labour after all they have done ,whilst saying they would never vote tory for all the things they once did , i think the chances of one person changing things are rather remote , don't you ?
You wouldn't be one person though, would you? There would apparently be millions of you - albeit somewhat less than the few more millions that voted Labour in this hypothetical scenario. That's just (our version of) democracy.

No Like

Illegal wars

messed up benefits system

terrible spending on the NHS

pointless legislation

massive unsustainable job creation in the public sector

Child trust fund

The FSA

top up fees

I Like

Minimum wage (good thing)

working tax credit (good thing)

car tax based on emissions (good thing) although I think it would be slightly better to charge people when they buy the car, but they would never do that. upset the car companies too much.

winter fuel allowance (for the olduns) good thing

civil partnerships

I'm not someone who goes around bashing labour because they are completely cack. They have brought in some things which I agree with. Some which I wholy disagree with.

in principal but isn't it slightly flawed ? as in i beleive all oldies get it so Mrs OAP with 2 cats living on a pension of £80 a month gets it as does Mrs OAP with 2 beagles and a pension of £3000 a month

Tory "celebs" from the last few elections said they would leave the country if Labour got in

- Frank Bruno

- Paul Daniels

- Phil Collins

With other Tory "celebs" this time saying similar

- Peter Stringfellow

etc

What better reason for voting labour

in principal but isn't it slightly flawed ? as in i beleive all oldies get it so Mrs OAP with 2 cats living on a pension of £80 a month gets it as does Mrs OAP with 2 beagles and a pension of £3000 a month

well then that is a problem. It should only be available to people whos earnings in retirement mean over a certain percentage is going in fuel bills.

It's probably because they rushed it out then without thinking about it if what you suggest is the case with the winter fuel allowance.

and if so it's another example of a "nice try" by Labour to do something positive, but just do it half arsed.

well then that is a problem. It should only be available to people whos earnings in retirement mean over a certain percentage is going in fuel bills.

It's probably because they rushed it out then without thinking about it if what you suggest is the case with the winter fuel allowance.

and if so it's another example of a "nice try" by Labour to do something positive, but just do it half arsed.

Whereas the Tories would probably prefer to give it only to the beagle woman.

Here's a question, if a political party that you despise wins the election on May 6th would you consider emigrating?

If they do manage to win the best way is to vote with ones feet, get yourself and your family away from the place and to the nearest place of safety that speaks the lingo (Holland for eg). Number one place in Europe to bring up kids and it has coffee shops, kinda laughs in the face of the class A,B and C bolox.

8)

whereas Labour gives it to everyone and wastes yet more millions.

Oh and do you think it is right that MPs accused of fiddling their expenses should get legal aid (ie paid for by you and me)?

I think it's an interesting one.

On one level, I'm not sure about the means testing replacing the legal test (i.e. whether the defendant is at risk of losing their liberty) - certainly in terms of paying for counsel in advance (I gather that the defence costs can be recovered after the event).

On another level, it does rather take the piss and probably suggests that these three still haven't 'got it'.

In the end, they ought to be treated in the same way as any other persons who would be in the same situation (no fear, no favour and all that jazz).

Beagles are terribly expensive animals to keep.

Have you not seen the price of fags and make up?

This is the thing with politics, the MPs who make the decisions have to come up with ways to help people, in this case OAP's and heat allowance.

There will always be people to point the finger and say its not fair this, its not fair that. If they imposed some kind of earnings limit someone would come along with a 1 in a million scenario where someone else loses out.

Its too easy to pick holes all the time in what must be a very difficult job (when they are not having their moat's cleaned and brand new kitchen's replaced).

No Like

Illegal wars

messed up benefits system

terrible spending on the NHS

pointless legislation

massive unsustainable job creation in the public sector

Child trust fund

The FSA

top up fees

I Like

Minimum wage (good thing)

working tax credit (good thing)

car tax based on emissions (good thing) although I think it would be slightly better to charge people when they buy the car, but they would never do that. upset the car companies too much.

civil partnerships

I'm not someone who goes around bashing labour because they are completely cack. They have brought in some things which I agree with. Some which I wholy disagree with.

The only thing I can think of off the top my head that Labour have done over the last 13 years that I have agreed with are the wars.

whereas Labour gives it to everyone and wastes yet more millions.

Yep, my folks were very grateful for the 'extra' allowance last winter when the temperature stayed below freezing for seven consecutive days on a couple of occasions.

After all it must have only been about 15C in Spain at the time......