Chances He Leaves  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Chances He Leaves

• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

General cannot say he isn't going anywhere because he simply doesn't know what O'Neill feels

Which is why no one should take his word for definite, I'm afraid to say.

O'Neill hasn't resigned, no, but i'm sure i speak for a lot of people who saw Generals post in saying that something isn't right at VP and no amount of politicians answers will cover that fully.

Reading too much into it in my opinion. Rumour MADE UP out of nowhere, club sources denied it, General just posted saying pretty much it's bollocks. Don't see much in it myself.

Top Class:

Ashley Young, Richard Dunne, James Milner.

Good Solid buys:

Carew, Collins, Warnock, L.Young, C.Cuellar, Reo-Coker, S.Downing, S.Petrov.

Potentially very good:

Davies, Delph, Guzan.

Average (have done an okay job but not really good enough):

Heskey, Sidwell (potentially good mind!), Beye, Harewood, Knight, Maloney.

just poor:

Shorey, Carson.

Does it really matter:!?

Routledge, Salifou, Sutton, Agathe, Marshall.

So thats about the best part of £30million on poor to average players... Nothing to worry about then!..

£25 Million out of £130 Million gross spend isn't that bad.

It's all about opinions, for example, I know some people don't like Reo-Coker or Davies. I do.

Its more closer to £50 million when they have been paid, theres not many owners of companys that want to see that on the year ending figures mate...

£50 Million? before having a pop, I'm guessing your counting Davies, Delph...who no they are good players but potentially very, very good.

Heskey - £3.5 Million

Sidwell - £5 Million

Beye - £2.5 Million.

Harewood - £4 Million

Knight - £3.5 Million

Maloney - £1 Million

Shorey - £4 Million.

Scott Carson - Loan

Wayne Routledge - £1 Million

Salifou - £0?

Agathe - £0?

Sutton - £0?

That's £24.5 Million.

We also have made £7 Million back from these transfers and most likely, Harewood, Shorey, Beye will also be gone. Possibly Heskey and Sidwell.

Not including delph or davies, that lot above is closer to £30 million in fees and around another £20million in wages, hence £50million down the drain!.. by the way carson cost us a £2million loan fee...

Who counts wages?

If we were counting wages, United, Chelsea especially would have the biggest flops ever bought, Man City would be high on the list too.

When you start adding Wages to the list, it just becomes a desperate arguement. He's wasted money but no more than any other managers in the Premiership who would have managed for 4 years when having to buy the number of players he's had to buy.

if someone said to me right now that i could swap MON for Hodgson then i would have to seriously think about it

and the award for the most fickle comment ever goes to . . .

I'm sorry, but when are people going to actually look up the meaning of the word fickle, instead of just repeating something that clearing in the woods O'Leary came out with?

What's fickle exactly about wanting Hodgson? If Razor honestly believes that he'd be a better manager for us, then that isn't fickle in any way, shape or form. It's wanting the best for our club, and just having a different opinion to you doesn't make him fickle, it just means you don't understand the true meaning of the word.

if someone said to me right now that i could swap MON for Hodgson then i would have to seriously think about it

I'm sorry, but when are people going to actually look up the meaning of the word fickle, instead of just repeating something that clearing in the woods O'Leary came out with?

What's fickle exactly about wanting Hodgson? If Razor honestly believes that he'd be a better manager for us, then that isn't fickle in any way, shape or form. It's wanting the best for our club, and just having a different opinion to you doesn't make him fickle, it just means you don't understand the true meaning of the word.

The point is, Hodgson is flavour of the month and MON is at his lowest ebb as Villa manager.......suggesting we get rid of MON and replace him with Hodgson is fickle, a knee jerk reaction and plain bizarre.

Imagine if a few years ago when we were looking for a new manager Doug had picked Hodgson ahead of O'Neill, people would have lynched him. How times change.....this month, anyway.

fick·le

   /ˈfɪkəl/ [fik-uhl] –adjective

likely to change, esp. due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable: fickle weather.

not constant or loyal in affections: a fickle lover.

Origin:

bef. 1000; ME fikel, OE ficol deceitful, akin to fācen treachery, fician to deceive, gefic deception

—Related forms

fick·le·ness, noun

un·fick·le, adjective

—Synonyms

1. unstable, unsteady, variable, capricious, fitful. 2. inconstant. 1, 2. Fickle, inconstant, capricious, vacillating describe persons or things that are not firm or steady in affection, behavior, opinion, or loyalty. Fickle implies an underlying perversity as a cause for the lack of stability: the fickle seasons, disappointing as often as they delight; once lionized, now rejected by a fickle public. Inconstant suggests an innate disposition to change: an inconstant lover, flitting from affair to affair. Capricious implies unpredictable changeability arising from sudden whim: a capricious administration constantly and inexplicably changing its signals; a capricious and astounding reversal of position. Vacillating means changeable due to lack of resolution or firmness: an indecisive, vacillating leader, apparently incapable of a sustained course of action.

make it a sticky :P

Been thinking hard for days, twice this season I have been hurt by Villa. Once in the final and another was this weekend gone.

I know what I want to say and I just hope I can get my point across. The main thing being is how the London media seem to be desperate to spread pathetic rumours about O'Neill and Lerner, about how the club is falling apart and how the manager will leave, followed by player Z, there are no funds etc.

Shame they didn't kick up that much of a fuss when the Spuds chairman said Redknapp would have to sell to buy, but hey.

I honestly see it as a case to stir things up, the amount of negative bollocks in print about us is pathetic.

Secondly, lets not forget we do not deserve anything in Football, you win what you earn and earn what you win (well, usually) its about hard work and effort - and that is why we have to trust in the management at villa, on all levels, from the bottom to the top, its a team game.

I want to make a mention of the obvious Ferguson situation and how this season could mirror that, how we have the FA Cup in our sights, the same trophy he won when it looked like he would lose his job, I am not saying we will be a dynasty in the same way BUT maybe there is method in this seasons madness, the way we have fought in the cup and turned things around just makes me think we have our eyes on it.

But I don't want this divide and conquer thing anymore, there are 2 months ahead and they will be long and hard but surely the best thing we can do from now on is show the media in force what we are about?

and stop bickering, moaning and arguing between ourselves and maybe, just maybe we can spur the team on a little more and finally see some silverware.

Rambled stuff over.

The point is, Hodgson is flavour of the month and MON is at his lowest ebb as Villa manager.......suggesting we get rid of MON and replace him with Hodgson is fickle, a knee jerk reaction and plain bizarre.

Imagine if a few years ago when we were looking for a new manager Doug had picked Hodgson ahead of O'Neill, people would have lynched him. How times change.....this month, anyway.

Somebody else who doesn't understand the meaning of the word then. Anybody else want to join the club?

Top Class:

Good Solid buys:

Potentially very good:

Davies, Delph, Guzan.

just poor:

Shorey, Carson.

So thats about the best part of £30million on poor to average players... Nothing to worry about then!..

It's all about opinions, for example, I know some people don't like Reo-Coker or Davies. I do.

Its more closer to £50 million when they have been paid, theres not many owners of companys that want to see that on the year ending figures mate...

£50 Million? before having a pop, I'm guessing your counting Davies, Delph...who no they are good players but potentially very, very good.

Heskey - £3.5 Million

Sidwell - £5 Million

Beye - £2.5 Million.

Harewood - £4 Million

Knight - £3.5 Million

Maloney - £1 Million

Shorey - £4 Million.

Scott Carson - Loan

Salifou - £0?

Agathe - £0?

Sutton - £0?

That's £24.5 Million.

We also have made £7 Million back from these transfers and most likely, Harewood, Shorey, Beye will also be gone. Possibly Heskey and Sidwell.

Not including delph or davies, that lot above is closer to £30 million in fees and around another £20million in wages, hence £50million down the drain!.. by the way carson cost us a £2million loan fee...

Who counts wages?

If we were counting wages, United, Chelsea especially would have the biggest flops ever bought, Man City would be high on the list too.

When you start adding Wages to the list, it just becomes a desperate arguement. He's wasted money but no more than any other managers in the Premiership who would have managed for 4 years when having to buy the number of players he's had to buy.

Oh right so they work for free then, Look however way you wanna dress it up pal, £50million has been spunked!..

Somebody else who doesn't understand the meaning of the word then. Anybody else want to join the club?

Fickle is exactly the right word for somebody who calls for MON to leave and be replaced by flavour of the month Hodgson.

Top Class:

Good Solid buys:

Potentially very good:

Davies, Delph, Guzan.

just poor:

Shorey, Carson.

Heskey - £3.5 Million

Sidwell - £5 Million

Beye - £2.5 Million.

Harewood - £4 Million

Knight - £3.5 Million

Maloney - £1 Million

Shorey - £4 Million.

Scott Carson - Loan

Salifou - £0?

Agathe - £0?

Sutton - £0?

That's £24.5 Million.

Who counts wages?

Oh right so they work for free then, Look however way you wanna dress it up pal, £50million has been spunked!..

Still alot less than other clubs I'd say though!!

I'm not MON's biggest fan to say the least, I don't particularly like the bloke for some of the criticism of the fans which I haven't agreed with one iota, but that is another issue. Despite my feelings towards him, barring an absolute collapse from here on in, I still think we've had a decent season taking into account the Cup runs etc.

Therefore I do want him to stay for at least another season. I have major doubts about whether he can take us any further, but his record to date in my opinion warrants him seeing out this "5 year plan" at least.

However, although the rumours surrounding his swift departure may be bullshit - I do fear there is more than a grain of truth in that "something" don't ask me what, has happened behind the scenes.

This is all purely hypothetical of course, but: One of our most positive features under O'Neill has been our spirit and fight. Saturday's second-half maulling just pointed to the fact that the players had given up (very unlike us)- was this the result of some fall-out that went on internally before the game? Then you had Gabby apparently "stropping" when he got substituted, again, not normal behaviour from him? Then you had Carlos Cuellar's Facebook status a couple of hours ago which read "i know nothing about Mon news :-( but i think it isn't a true news" which seems a very odd statement to make on a public page, when he knows full well all the speculation circulating. Surely Carlos would KNOW definitively that this was all hear-say? All he does with that comment is pour petrol onto the flames.

Now I don't for one minute think he has walked out, not at this point, I think he would be professional enough to at least see out the season "IF" something has gone on. But, all the above, plus the fact that O'Neill himself and the club have failed to make a statement all day does lead me to believe something HAS happened, and that all is not what it should be.

Taking all that into account, whether I want to give him more time or not, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the summer after this. I would be pleasantly surprised if this whole post has been based on nothing more than a baseless rumour - but I am not so sure whether it is all bollocks. Only time will tell...

Can I join?!?!

But on a serious level, can anyone really see MON walking or wanting to walk over a lack of funds? Where is the fight in that.

My head says he wont leave, but my heart says he will.

Fickle is exactly the right word for somebody who calls for MON to leave and be replaced by flavour of the month Hodgson.

Fickle is only the right word if Risso went from saying he liked MON to wanting Hodgson.

Not sure if he did :?