• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Downing (63)
    • Delfouneso (63)
    • Beye (71)

From what I could here I thought the support at the game was descent! Well done lads for keep on going!

Lets hope we can build on the squad for next year!

Does any one know when Reo Cocker is back?

Ha ha, do you mean as in 'going down'?

Being synical here, has anyone else thought that maybe MON decided to chop and change today rather than against Sunderland to prove a point?? If he'd have rotated against sunderland and we'd have won, everyone would have been saying the rotation was overdue. MON rotates today, knowing that our chances of winning are a lot less, and can then say "well, I rotated and look what happened"

Seems strange to play a full strength(???) team against sunderland at home, and then play a weaker team against a stronger side.

Well this thread hasn't been half as bad as I was expecting. I think the Chelsea support is appalling - they just don't know HOW to support their team do they? I'd love to see how they would react in the very unlikely event of their team ever taking a 7-1 thrashing - how many of their suporters would still be in the ground singing and clapping as we were. Then, all they can do is after the game stand in the streets making stupid gestures at the Villa coaches. Pathetic. Trouble is most of them have only been Chelsea fans since they became successful I guess. Just once I'd LOVE to see one of the top teams taking an almighty thrashing - never happens though does it - that's why they are the top teams. Why did it have to be us though. I think though like others that it has been coming for a while. I really hope it has served as the kick up the arse that they need, players, MON and all!!!!

Oh and please let's just turn the tables on those smug Chelsea so called "supporters" at Wembley please - you can guess that they're gonna taunt us with it.

well i'm back from work, that was the longest shift ever after the totally deflating afternoon watching the game. it gave me some time to reflect though... we will bounce back from this next week i am sure. for one thing the players will want to go some way to make up to the fans who paid £48 to watch them today. the players will be a whole lot more embarassed about this than any of us fans are and will want to rectify it. we will go to bolton next week and win and then be out for revenge in the semi final.

to all those saying MON should be sacked i really don't know what to say, it would be a ridiculous decision to sack him and i think things are being said in the heat of the moment. we arent out of this yet (and although i don't think we will finish 4th), we will be within touching distance of the top four at the end of the season.

a week's rest now will be key for most of the team and we will see where we stand before the bolton game.

i was devestated, but it isn't the most upsetting loss we have suffered in recent years... old trafford last season and doncaster in the carling cup under DOL (which somebody mentioned) come to mind immediately.

also i would just like to say massive respect for the fans who went today and were singing til the end, you did us all proud.

you can guess that they're gonna taunt us with it.
But have they won the European Cup? :lol:

@chappy: Good post, and I agree with you, especially with regards to our comeback. I know if I was part of the team that got beat today I'd be pretty annoyed with myself and want to rectify that as soon as possible.

when i go into work (in london) on monday i will receive some stick. But i will reply with although you won 7-1, united here still the main headline on Sky Sports News.

That should keep them wound up for a little bit :lol:

Have seen a result coming like this a mile off. We looked very poor recently and have been shipping goals against poor opposition. Since the turn of the year, Warnock has started to look shaky defensively, Carlos at RB has been a disaster, and Collins hasnt looked as confident as his early games for us. Dunne luckily has been solid....unto the sunderland game....

Petrov and Milner both good players, but a very awkward mix. We have the most important area of the pitch manned by an attacking midfielder and a winger by trade. We get waltzed through time and time again. Our ball possesion is appaling. We hand the opposition the ball back again and again in the most cheap ways possible. Theres no pass and move, no variety, unless milner produces a moment of magic, or ash hits an inch perfect cross we dont look like scoring.

I think most people who get to see us in the flesh each week have known for a while that we are behind man city, everton, spurs, let alone the liverpools, arsenals etc.

The balance of the team seems out of kilter. We never seem to dominate even weaker teams, never have long periods of possesion, and only ever seem to play decent football in 10 -15 min spells.

Ive not given up on MON yet, theres alot of potential in the squad if it can be balanced and added to with quality in the right areas. Times running out though because for me he isnt grabbing the oppotunitys we have been gifted on a plate (arsenal last season, liverpool this), and doesnt seem to be learning from his mistakes.

We need some fresh faces. Id like to see Bouma, NRC, Delph, Davies, Beye and Albrington utilised.

we have been gifted on a plate (arsenal last season, liverpool this)
I don't think that's an entirely fair comparison. This season we've had to compete with City and Spurs.

so last season we should have walked it as them two where miles back?. To be honest, we ain't good enough for top 4 and we would get embarrassed if we got there

Have seen a result coming like this a mile off. We looked very poor recently and have been shipping goals against poor opposition. Since the turn of the year, Warnock has started to look shaky defensively, Carlos at RB has been a disaster, and Collins hasnt looked as confident as his early games for us. Dunne luckily has been solid....unto the sunderland game....

Petrov and Milner both good players, but a very awkward mix. We have the most important area of the pitch manned by an attacking midfielder and a winger by trade. We get waltzed through time and time again. Our ball possesion is appaling. We hand the opposition the ball back again and again in the most cheap ways possible. Theres no pass and move, no variety, unless milner produces a moment of magic, or ash hits an inch perfect cross we dont look like scoring.

I think most people who get to see us in the flesh each week have known for a while that we are behind man city, everton, spurs, let alone the liverpools, arsenals etc.

The balance of the team seems out of kilter. We never seem to dominate even weaker teams, never have long periods of possesion, and only ever seem to play decent football in 10 -15 min spells.

Ive not given up on MON yet, theres alot of potential in the squad if it can be balanced and added to with quality in the right areas. Times running out though because for me he isnt grabbing the oppotunitys we have been gifted on a plate (arsenal last season, liverpool this), and doesnt seem to be learning from his mistakes.

We need some fresh faces. Id like to see Bouma, NRC, Delph, Davies, Beye and Albrington utilised.

good post and someone who clearly has a grip of things on the park.

up till there go we wasnt playing too bad then carews equalizer got us back in it,stupid challenge from collins for the pen and secong half well what can i say :cry: gabby looked disinterested for all the time he was on the pitch and didnt know what to do on the wing :shock: should have been took off in the first half as he let there player go through for collins to bring him down for the penalty.dunne needs a rest so does milner and petrov and ash as for whos gonna replace um i just dont know albrighton salifou and delph???

It isn't games like this that will cost us come the end of the season.

It's putting in similar performances at home v Sunderland and Wolves. Only thing that can save us is other teams failing and our players all dabbling in some speed up before every game.