New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the kit launch, like a lot on here, it was completely underwhelming tbh, ill keep my post as short as possible though with a few pics at the end.

Home: Really like the actual design, what really lets it down is either due to it being a poorly fitted design as it looks really big and baggy or it may have been that the players modelling it werent wearing the right sizes.

Away: Really doesnt sit right with me, i think it would looks tons better if the sponsor was just in white, the red looks awful.

GK: Havent got any thoughts, dont like it, dont hate it, just 'meh'.

Hopefully when they go on sale they will be a bit more tailored and have that 'fitted' look, if they are the baggy things we saw today then im not buying.

There are better Photos in here already but ill post the ones i took anyway :P

avkit6.jpg

avkit5.jpg

avkit4.jpg

avkit3.jpg

avkit2.jpg

avkit1.jpg

I actually quite like the new home and away - growers I imagine. Goalkeeper's kit is rank.

To be fair, how many keepers tops do you see and think "I'd quite like to wear that down the pub actually!"

The 94/95 Asics Villa Goalie shirt.

rubbish kits,

Away top ruined by the red sponsor. It just looks stupid.

Sponsor looks bad as it has tagline.

The tagline itself riles me who refers to foreign exchnage as 'ForEx'? It's cringe worthy.

It's great that we have a sponspor that we deem to be worthwhile (i.e. to move away from acorns) but the tagline would make a good shirt poor and the colour onj the away - for me at least- just ruins it.

Poor show Villa.

Also that tracksuit top with the Lion on is awesome, but again is ruined / well severely let down by teh AVFC on the back.

Whilst I'm on the moan, I hate the AVFC on our badge, we're ASTON VILLA not AVFC - it just devqalues the image of the club resorting to abreviations. Randy and the guys have gone along way to improve our image, but I think the new badge was a shit choice and these kits are very, poor indeed. The Hummel ones were far better then these.

I think the best top we've had in ages was probably the diadora rover shirt, I did like last seasons and the previous 2 Nike ones were nice but this top is a step backwards :(

Going back to the unveiling - i'm sure the OS stated that Richard Dunne would be present - where was he then???

I was wondering that as well.

Maybe MON was using him in the impending Irish invasion of Villa to sweeten McGeady, Ireland, and Keane? Or perhaps he was ill.

With regards to the new shirts... really like the home shirt, will be buying one of those. The away shirt is definately a grower, wasn't sure at first but really like it now. I also like the checks down the side of both shirts, very impressed overall.

Â