New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely. From a charity to a banking type group.

Still always said doesn't matter as long as club is going forward.

Not even banking John, some dodgy spread betting/currency speculating concern.

You're right Risso, I am surprised that after Randy's view on 32 red being an unsuitable partner for AVFC because of it encouraging gambling, that he is selling shirt space to an admittedly more up market gambling concern.

I couldn't quite remember the exact figures for Spurs Risso but again, I think people have this impression it's going to be arseloads - it isn't. £8.5m a year whilst it isn't pittance by any means, isn't that much in football club terms is it?

thats quite a substantial amount when our turnover is only around £80mill.

a deal of £8mill would be 10% of our total turnover... though i would guess our deal is more like £5mill.

To be fair I think some people are being a bit picky. You could put a negative spin on most businesses looking to sponsor shirts in the Prem. AIG bailed out by US taxpayers, Mansion - Online gambling addicts, Carlsberg - encouraging binge drinking etc. We have had far worse sponsorship deals over the years. We should be happy that we're not sponsored by Cows or 32Red anymore!

If they just go with the FxPro logo as shown on the Virgin F1 Car, and pay us plenty of cash to do so, I will be happy.

Lovely. From a charity to a banking type group.

Still always said doesn't matter as long as club is going forward.

Not even banking John, some dodgy spread betting/currency speculating concern.

You're right Risso, I am surprised that after Randy's view on 32 red being an unsuitable partner for AVFC because of it encouraging gambling, that he is selling shirt space to an admittedly more up market gambling concern.

Not that I'm questioning Randy's morals, but I'd guess that decisions regarding partners are more to do with the public's perception of said partners (and ultimately the club) rather than Randy's person morals.

I'd be lying if I said i had a clue what FxPro did. Seems like fancy gambling advice.

In my mind they are the guy in the bookies who sits with the Racing Post and a cup of tea, occasionally spouting tips to interested punters in return for a pint later on.

Only, instead of the bookies you have the global economy, instead of tea you have Merlot (**** hate merlot) and instead of punters you have foreign buisnesses.

a deal of £8mill would be 10% of our total turnover... though i would guess our deal is more like £5mill.

I'd be surprised if it's that much. Everton are on a similar level to us, and their deal with Chang is £8 million over three years, so less than £3 million per year, albeit signed in 2008. We won't be too much more than that, will we?

At the end of the day, as long as we're not sponsored by "Nazis-R-Us" and we're getting paid what we're asking for, job done. We're not rich enough to have altruistic sponsorship ad infinitum.

I couldn't quite remember the exact figures for Spurs Risso but again, I think people have this impression it's going to be arseloads - it isn't. £8.5m a year whilst it isn't pittance by any means, isn't that much in football club terms is it?

The Spurs deal was £34m over four years, which is quite a decent amount. It'd probably pay for two £10m players and their wages for 2-3 years.

I trust Randy on this but they look exactly like the sort of company that is one stock market crash away from being EX-FxPro. I don't care but with all the companies out there, I'm a bit surprised that our supposedly philanthropic owner has opted for one that is part of the seedier end of the banking/finance industry.

Just imagining Barca giving up 'Unicef' for 'BAE'

I trust Randy on this but they look exactly like the sort of company that is one stock market crash away from being EX-FxPro. I don't care but with all the companies out there, I'm a bit surprised that our supposedly philanthropic owner has opted for one that is part of the seedier end of the banking/finance industry.

You can't compare us to Barca at all. Barca make bucketloads of cash and can afford to do the things they do and still compete. I'm sure if we could continue to do so we would have.

Just to set things in perspective.

Chelsea's deal that is ending now is at 11 million pounds.

Uniteds AIG deal was 14 mill, now they will get 20 a year with AON. They get 23 mill a year from the Nike deal.

Arsenal's Emirates deal is poor: 6.7 mill a year. Their Nike deal collects 8 mill.

United is the boss regarding other sponsor deals. From the prospectus of the debt offering:

The primary area of growth in our commercial sponsors is our other global, regional, mobile

and supplier sponsors, which include companies from the financial services, automotive,

beverage, timepiece, betting and telecommunications industries. Contracts with these sponsors

tend to last two to five years and vary in terms of revenues generated. Total revenues from our

global, regional, mobile and supplier sponsors have increased from £11.8 million in 2006/07 to

£14.6 million in 2007/08 to £19.5 million in 2008/09. Going forward, our expectation is that

these sponsors will be the primary driver of growth in commercial sponsor revenues,

comprising a greater percentage of the total in future seasons.

The Spurs deal was £34m over four years, which is quite a decent amount. It'd probably pay for two £10m players and their wages for 2-3 years.

Yep, chances are we'll be between Everton's £3 million per year and Tottenham's £8 million.

You can't compare us to Barca at all. Barca make bucketloads of cash and can afford to do the things they do and still compete. I'm sure if we could continue to do so we would have.

I agree, that wasn't the point I was making. I just wondered if there was a more appropriate sponsor out there - I guess it's not easy to go from dying children to anything but a currency trading company just fells a bit, I don't know, desperate?

Â