• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • sidwell (for Gabby 80)
    • Heskey (for Carew 80)

Great result. Sadly could only watch the first half but felt that half was a pretty good performance, and I'm glad I was right when I said early on Milner's got some fire in his belly tonight, he certainly did seemingly.

£50 won on bets tonight as well only furthers the happiness ;)

People voting for Heskey and Sidwell is getting dull now

This!

I find people just writing 'This' quite annoying, but oh well... I doubt people will stop doing it, and will in fact do it more because I moan about it ;)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill:

"It was a very important win for us, away from home and against opposition who only a week ago beat Liverpool, so I'm pleased.

"We're hanging in there for the chase for fourth spot. It's a difficult run-in for us but we're excited by it, we're going for it and we're going to try to achieve it.

"We knew our runs in the cups would lead to a packed schedule come the end of the season, but we'll face the challenges as they come. I'm just delighted with my players."

my stream was extremely unreliable but from what i could see gabby looked threatening throughout. milner definately my vote for MOTM but carew and ash also looked lively - really hope carew and gabby continue up front for the next few games, i think JC has got a spree of goals in 'im.

Those of you who went:

Why the massive delay in cheering for the og? I appreciate you were down the other end but were you all just looking at each other for 4 seconds?!

Those of you who went:

Why the massive delay in cheering for the og? I appreciate you were down the other end but were you all just looking at each other for 4 seconds?!

I was watching the stream and even I didn't cheer for about 5 seconds. Knowing the linesman I thought he'd call it offside or something. Same for the second goal.

From where I was sitting it just looked like Kirkland had saved it and held onto it. There were a crowd of defenders blocking our view too, but when they all moved we could see the ball in the net, much to our delight!

Not a dominating performance but a battling one.

Loved Milner having a go at Sidwell for his shot at the end, not to be a dick, but to emphasise how much we needed the win. Sidwell shot and Milner still made sure he got his point across after the final whistle.

Fried - 7

Cuellar - 6

Dunne - 7

Collins - 8

Warnock - 6

Young - 7

Petrov - 6

Milner - 8

Downing - 4

Agbag - 6

Carew - 6

Downing is woefully out of form at the moment. Needs a rest or something. Definately shouldn't be in contention for Beckhams 'spot' in the WC squad at this stage.....

Other than that, everyone put in an ok performance with Milly the obvious standout.