PL: Wolves h Match Thread 2010/03/20 12:45

limpid

Petrov is playing well but he really needs to be careful not to get sent off.

Please please tell me what you mean? He's gash what has he done other than hack several players down one which led to their first goal

Well i am still backing us to win even from here but MON needs to have some serious words... just because these guys aren't a top team doesn't mean we can defend like that. Expecting Milner to lift and Downing to do something other than miss great chances from point blank range.

:? Strange thing is we are playing well but it's individual errors that are costing us, MON's reluctance to change things around will cost us IMO.

Get Petrov and Cuellar off, they both look shattered. Get NRC and Luke Young on, we need some energy in the middle.

If Sidwell comes on i will **** stab a baby.

Petrov is playing well but he really needs to be careful not to get sent off.

Please please tell me what you mean? He's gash what has he done other than hack several players down one which led to their first goal

He's not gash (whatever that means!). He's getting stuck in and winning ball in the midfield and spreading it out wide. Milner on the other hand has done f..all.

Cuellar's defending was laughable for the second goal.

Equally, I thought he has looked excellent going forward at times. Lovely flowing move down the right hand side, Cuellar involved twice and overlaps for a lovely cross. Cuellar pops up at back post for good dangerous header. Nice strike from 25 yards at the stroke of HT too.

Well this second half is going to define whether we have the balls to challenge IMO. An abomination of a first half where Wolves have exploited our tactical ineptitude. I think we must put it into perspective, regardless of the fact its a derby, we are playing Wolverhampton Wanderers.. it's utterly disgraceful.

Heskey once again isn't holding up the ball which in fact is the only bloody thing the fans' money pays his £30,000 odd a week for because he does bugger all else.

Warnock is having a nightmare but still committed.

Petrov is once again being shown up as an ageing attacking midfielder stuffed into the holding role.

Cuellar for all his effort is still not a right back and when Wolves are playing one up top why the need for extra height?!?! Why not the slightest bit of variation? Watching the Villa can be great but at times it is just truly disgraceful, we're not playing a good team here and they're not up for it like the Blues normally are. For Christ's sake: SORT IT OUT.

Another MON master class in tactics - tired players, players out of position and Heskey

Woeful to watch

The team came out playing class. It's individual sloppyness that's cost us, nothing to do with tactics. MON takes no blame here for me.

yep i think you're right there

He does for me, their goal like so many recently came from a set piece, so he needs to get us defending them better.

The second came from a mistake by a player who most would not select and then a RB who shouldn't be playing there as there is a better RB on the bench got caught out.

With Heskey and Carew up front we are very very predictable and the players are following his tactics of simply hitting them...

I see the normal VT response exists where MON is beyond any sort of criticism.

Yes the team did start well but also looked loose - there are a lot of very tired players in the Villa team at the moment - due to MON nad his ridiculous non rotation policy. We have a very good CH playing at RB and two RB's on the bench, that CH has not looked comfortable. We have the managers favourite up front which gives a unbalanced look, but rather than play a fresh keen and good kid the manager carries on with Heskey. I'm sure that without the goal Carew would have been the first off as a sub.

Far too many times we are relying on the half time rocket up the arse to get things going.

well that was just... oh so villa wasnt it?

are we a fantastic attacking footballing side or a spineless bunch of uncoordinated headless chickens?

if we arent knocking it around like brazil on speed we are passing hand grenades around the back four!

i think the next goal is going to decide it - i hope to mcgrath that we score it because we can still win it from 2-1 down but cant see any way back from 3-1.

my god what a shocking defensive display, i ahve been saying it for a while now that the defence needs freshening up and again mon has failed to do so and we pay a heavy price.

we were excellent up until wolves scored since then we have been abysmal. take heskey off and bring on bthe fonz. also stan needs vto come off as he should hsve been sent off and i think he will get a red soon if he stays on

and as for downing my god his finishing is so poor how did he miss that even i could ahve got that on target

if we lose this game i think we are seriously out of cl with chelsea coming up to

come on villa improvement second half

This is it, do or die! MON needs to work his magic again.

Playing so well for the first 20, and liking the way we play the ball to the feet of the strikers. Too bad Heskey isn't able to control the ball at all. Will be so depressed if we don't win today.