PL: Wolves h Match Thread 2010/03/20 12:45

limpid

that first wolves goal was awful defending and an exact copy of wigans goal. we had dunne, collins, cuellar, carew and heskey in there and still couldnt deal with it! since then its been poor. 2nd goal was also bad from the fact nobody pushed up on the wolves players and gave them loads of room to work, thats what did us there.

2nd half need to keep it wide. ash has loads of room and we create chances when we get it down the wings. wolves are targeting milner which frees up ash and downing, we need to take advantage.

Downing and Heskey off for me, Albrighton and Fonz on. Both have been shocking and Downing is really showing how the lack of a pre-season affects player fitness.

I might even take off Stan for Sidders as he might not stay on at this rate.

I'm sure that without the goal Carew would have been the first off as a sub.

i think Downing and Heskey would be giving him tough competition to be honest

Never would have happened Tony - not Mon's style to sub either of them usually - that "honour" belongs to a select few

Cueller, Warnock, Downing and Heskey have been poor today. Warnock will probably be OK after half time - we know he can do it. As for the others, Cueller needs to come off for one of the 2 perfectly capable replacements. Downing may aswell stay on although if he continues being this poor Albrighton deserves a run. Heskey can have 10 minutes to prove he's adding soemthing or he'll be off. That's my thoughts anyway.

Petrov is playing well but he really needs to be careful not to get sent off.

Please please tell me what you mean? He's gash what has he done other than hack several players down one which led to their first goal

He's not gash (whatever that means!). He's getting stuck in and winning ball in the midfield and spreading it out wide. Milner on the other hand has done f..all.

Watch a replay of first half and see how wrong you are. Unless stupidly hacking players down that gives away free kicks in dangerous position is a good way of getting stuck in.

I've been saying it for months. We will not get 4th or win a cup with Petrov in the team

Petrov is playing well but he really needs to be careful not to get sent off.

Please please tell me what you mean? He's gash what has he done other than hack several players down one which led to their first goal

He's not gash (whatever that means!). He's getting stuck in and winning ball in the midfield and spreading it out wide. Milner on the other hand has done f..all.

Watch a replay of first half and see how wrong you are. Unless stupidly hacking players down that gives away free kicks in dangerous position is a good way of getting stuck in.

I've been saying it for months. We will not get 4th or win a cup with Petrov in the team

he gave away one free kick with a bad hack. im very disappointed we conceded from that free kick considering it wasnt that close in and the players we had in the box are all good in the air.

other than that hes made some excellent tackles and then moved forward with the ball, drawing fouls and moving it on to other players.

im not sure why the commentators kept going on about the incident with zubar. zubar shoulder barged stan and they both fell over, unfortunatly zubar got his leg caught between stans.

I am confident we will score again but don't know if we can get two. We have shown in the past if we get on a roll teams can't handle us.

Too many poor performances in the first half; these include Warnock, Heskey, Cueller and Petrov.

Subs need to be made early.

Downing is really showing how the lack of a pre-season affects player fitness.

maybe next season will prove me to be totally wrong here, but it doesnt strike me that downing is lacking in fitness, he is lacking in drive, determination and commitment. if he was a bit off the pace then i would agree with you, but he just seems to stroll through games like it is a friendly or a kick about with mates where no one really makes tackles. i am yet to see him grit his teeth, swear or do anything like he really means it.