• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

Your thoughts for posterity.

Please also vote for your man of the match. Remember if you are voting immediately after the game that you cannot change your vote, so you may want to take some time to consider your choice.

useless performance.

I thought the carew v reading would have actually bothered to change his spots and kick on this season. Total garbage, wasted opportunity. Certainly don't deserve 4th with that level of incoherence. We'd be a disgrace to England in Europe with performances like that, but then again we did go out to Vienna this season, so nothing new there...

Mind numbingly awful football. Stoke not helping though - wish they'd **** off out of existence too. Same old shit, poor passing, poor finishing, no plan B and no use of subs.

Sigh. Note to self: must think one good result mustn't make me optimistic we've finally got it going. 2 points dropped.

Learnt nothing from that match we didn't already know - we need a striker. Other than that, I don't think we were bad, Stoke are a horrific side to play against in that mood, we were never going to break them down aside from a **** up or a complete moment of magic. We had some good build up play imo, with no-one ever really on it sadly.

Some absolutely atrocious set plays though.

And how anyone could watch Stoke week after week without considering the Baretta blowjob is simply outside of my understanding, they're an absolutely awful side. I don't really buy the football as entertainment argument, but they could at least try to play.

Defensively excellent.

But once again let down by our midfield and strikers. It's all well and good playing Heskey for his defensive merits, but a striker is there to score goals. Playing Heskey and Carew is also a mistake; there's just not enough movement between to fashion anything or even get it out to the wing regularly.

Hard to judge.

Awful going forwards but Stoke are such a tough team to play against on their own patch.

Disappointed in our creativity and lack of spark (and in MON's unwillingness to give someone like Delph a try, when he could do something different), but it showed today how we miss Gabby.

Two big men up front who both are ungainly lumps is never going to lead to great football.

At least we defended well and though we couldn't win it, didn't lose it.

Still in the race.

I'm saying good result.

Stoke have lost once this year, only bettered by us and the Britannia is a fortress. The ref didn't help but I do agree we should have played better.

I just find it confusing how some people claim its a shit result where most teams would be happy with a point there. One of the toughest away games this season. Our top four credentials won't be based on results like this it'll be games such as Wolves at home.

Learnt nothing from that match we didn't already know - we need a striker. Other than that, I don't think we were bad, Stoke are a horrific side to play against in that mood, we were never going to break them down aside from a **** up or a complete moment of magic. We had some good build up play imo, with no-one ever really on it sadly.

Some absolutely atrocious set plays though.

And how anyone could watch Stoke week after week without considering the Baretta blowjob is simply outside of my understanding, they're an absolutely awful side. I don't really buy the football as entertainment argument, but they could at least try to play.

I agree. So boring and dull to just see some guy launch a long throw in into the box.

I am sorry to be negative. But why oh why was that useless T**T Hesky not taken off.

He once again offered nothing.

it's a game of opinions, but I think you're wrong.

Tell me what Carew did and why Heskey is your target here?

At least the latter defended our own box well as a crucial extra man.

That was the worse 90 mins of football I've seen in ages .. can't wait until Stoke get relegated no place for that dross in the top flight of English football .. Stanley Matthews must be turning in his grave

much more like that and I think I'll stop watching football tbh ,

no MON vote from me today, nobody was really worthy of one

probably 7's for the back line , 5's for the rest and 4 for Heskey and Downing

I'm aware now that I'll get replies telling me how well Heskey defended but he is a striker first and fore most and if he actually kept the ball without it bouncing 20 yards of him then Stoke wouldn't have been attacking so much ... he really was shocking today

really wanted better from us today , you could argue a draw isn't a bad result up there though ... but i think we really needed 3

Further proof that we are not anywhere near Champions League football.

You can slag off Stoke for their brand of 'football', but considering we often rely on winning corners and free kicks to get shots on target ourselves we are hardly in any position to point and complain. And in doing so you'd be no better than Arsene Wenger in his fits when Arsenal haven't been allowed to walk over the opposition.