News story of the day

BOF

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The police chief who led the “controversial” Nicola Bulley investigation dead at 50. I’m reading between the lines and thinking he took his own life.

Yeah, that's how I read it too. The tragedy continues with more lives ruined. 

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

The police chief who led the “controversial” Nicola Bulley investigation dead at 50. I’m reading between the lines and thinking he took his own life.

Has any thought been given to the  @bickster dog theory?

Edited by Seat68
  • Haha 2

BBC Great Yarmouth Hippodrome Circus show stopped after acrobat fall

A circus performer is in hospital with serious injuries after falling from a height during a packed Norfolk show attended by families.

The acrobat, aged in his 20s, fell while riding the "Giant Wheel of Death" apparatus at the Hippodrome Circus in Great Yarmouth on Wednesday evening.

If you fall from something called Giant wheel of death, and you have serious injuries, there is a strong case for renaming the giant wheel.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't think "The Giant Wheel of Serious Injuries" has quite the same ring. 

"The Giant Wheel of you really don't want to fall off this because you could suffer at best serious injury and at worse DEATH" might work? 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 15:33, Genie said:

Natural causes apparently. 

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

"The Giant Wheel of you really don't want to fall off this because you could suffer at best serious injury and at worse DEATH" might work? 

If I'm going to die because of a giant wheel, I'm fairly sure it''ll be a giant wheel of cheese. 

• Like 3

Is Piers Morgan finally going to feel the long arm of the law? Prince Harry wins his case for phone hacking but interestingly the judge said

Separately, the judge rules Piers Morgan knew about phone hacking - and was involved - when he was editor of the Daily Mirror

link

Will we see in court, or even better, prison?

• Like 1

Was a concert here in town yesterday with a band (Smashed into pieces) who's managed to become popular with kids due to them being in the Swedish preliminaries to the Eurovision song contest. They suck obviously but that's besides the point. Anyway, before their real show they played a early show for kids and their parents (nice) and they decided to name it:

Smash for Kids attracted young fans and parents

When Smash Into Pieces ended their six-week tour with double concerts in Karlstad, many of the band's younger fans took the opportunity to meet their idols. Parents and children visited the matinee performance at Nöjesfabriken.

The band's guitarist and songwriter, Per Bergquist on the left in the picture above, is from Ekshärad, so the concerts in Karlstad felt like home ground, he said in an interview with NWT before the end of the weekend's tour at Nöjesfabriken.

https://www.nwt.se/2023/12/17/smash-for-kids-pa-nojesfabriken-i-karlstad-7b8c3/

Wonder if they will take that show abroad...

Edited by sne

Â