The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Not impressed at all with the new iphone. Poorly made device from a so called corporation that is supposed to be on the cutting edge. I have a MacBook, and find them much better to uise than Windows, and was happy with the 3GS, but the 4 is a poor phone

1) Intermittent non-functioning vibrate - a known problem having looked at various forums - the motor gets stuck intermittently - I have missed calls due to this

2) Dropped calls - yes the aerial is shit

3) while on a call if the screen happens to touch your cheek it can put the caller on hold, or speakerphone.

And the design is clunky and not at all aesthetically appealing. Actually regretting getting this now.

:(

Upgrade to the new firmware via iTunes.. It'll solve at least one of those problems you're encountering.

Google maps not bringing their free navigation to the iphone soon? It's top stuff, even let's you do walking directions and public transport directions. I'm sure I read it was coming to the iphone soon.

do you have all of the maps stored on the phone or does it download them on the fly. In which case does it use a lot of data (not sure how much i get free) and what happens if im in a low signal area?

Not impressed at all with the new iphone. Poorly made device from a so called corporation that is supposed to be on the cutting edge. I have a MacBook, and find them much better to uise than Windows, and was happy with the 3GS, but the 4 is a poor phone

1) Intermittent non-functioning vibrate - a known problem having looked at various forums - the motor gets stuck intermittently - I have missed calls due to this

3) while on a call if the screen happens to touch your cheek it can put the caller on hold, or speakerphone.

And the design is clunky and not at all aesthetically appealing. Actually regretting getting this now.

I would get it swapped by Apple as you clearly have a dodgy phone, I and many others I know have not had a single problem.

I would get it swapped by Apple as you clearly have a dodgy phone, I and many others I know have not had a single problem.

This.

I haven't had any of the problems mentioned. In fact wasn't the cheek thing something they addressed a couple of years back on the old iphones?

As for aesthetics, well it's each to their own isn't it. i personally think it's one of the best looking phones out there.

Google maps not bringing their free navigation to the iphone soon? It's top stuff, even let's you do walking directions and public transport directions. I'm sure I read it was coming to the iphone soon.

do you have all of the maps stored on the phone or does it download them on the fly. In which case does it use a lot of data (not sure how much i get free) and what happens if im in a low signal area?

It downloads the maps to the phone first and only uses gps to do the navigation. It's very handy and as you'd expect from a company as big as google they have executed it very well.

As for paid sat nav there were a few discussed in this thread only a few pages back. Have a look.

acebook Places is now live on the iphone

I've already had the first of no doubt many friends posting to tell me how this bit of the app will eat my children and sell my soul to some Nigerian spammer and how to turn it off

I've ignored them as I do any other little tidbits like this

This.

I haven't had any of the problems mentioned. In fact wasn't the cheek thing something they addressed a couple of years back on the old iphones?

As for aesthetics, well it's each to their own isn't it. i personally think it's one of the best looking phones out there.

Actually it's just one of a whole line of phone problems i have had - really O2 and their customer service is beyond terrible.

1) ordered 32g iphone 4 from O2 - agreed to pay the £100 it would cost to get out of my 3gs contract.

2) Was ordered a 32g iphone 3gs - was told I would have to send courier back and contact O2 to order phone again.

3) complained to manager and was told they would contact me after the weekend to confirm order and re-order iphone 4 32g, they would deal with their mistake (I have this in writing via email)

4) I was not contacted by the manager - and a 16g iphone 4 was ordered without consulting me

5) I complained and they agreed to refund me £100 I paid and get me my 32g iphone 4. They also said they'd only charge me for a 16g iphone 4.

6) I got billed later that month for 3 iphones - a 32g 3gs, a 16g iphone4 and a 32g iphone 4 - despite me returning the 1st 2. This was on top of my normal phone bill and came to £330.

7) The money came out of my account as I was away when the bill was sent causing me to go over my overdraft and get charged £50 for 2 bounced direct debits.

8) The iphone 4 micro sim did not arrive for 2 months, so I have only had use of the phone for the last 2 weeks. This is when I noticed the vibrate problem. I contacted O2 today and they said since my contract for the new iphone was taken 2 months ago I couldn't swop it I would have to take it in for repair and get some shitty basic phone for calls.

So what's my legal position in all this - any advice would be appreciated.

:cry:

Put all of the above with as many names and dates on as you know and send it to O2 customer services manager. I'm pretty sure all of this would fall under the distance selling regulations first and foremost and protects the consumer first of all so mention in the letter that you intend to return the device under the distance selling regulations for a full refund + any incurred costs and then go with T-Mobile.

Distance selling regulations? Please clarify?

here

Very funny!

I was hoping someone could give me some practical advice rather than me trawling through loads of google searches!

:oops:

This is the most pertinent bit:

The cooling off period and your right to cancel

The cooling off period begins as soon as an order has been made. For goods (such as books or electrical items) it ends seven working days after the day you get the items.

For services (such as mobile phone contracts), it ends seven working days after the day the order was made. If you agree to the service beginning within the seven days, your right to cancel ends when the service starts.

The cooling off period and right to cancel do not cover contracts for:

goods made to the your specification (custom-made)

perishable goods (flowers, fresh food)

CDs, DVDs, and tapes for software, audio or video if they are unsealed (have no packaging)

newspapers and magazines

betting, gaming and lotteries

As long as you raised the issue within 7 working days after you received the goods (and the service commenced) then you have the right to a full refund including P+P. Look at directgov for more info.

Tell them you're taking them to the small claims court. They respond sharpish to that. My mate had a problem with Vodafone and started to bring it to small claims. Vodafone quickly contacted him and settled his dispute.

Do this, but make it sound more than just "I'm taking you to small claims court"

Put your complaint, in full, in writing to the Customer Services Manager. Send it by email, and send a copy by registered post.

In your letter, tell them you expect a response and resolution within 10 working days or you will begin proceedings in the local County Court. Find out the name of the local court and name it in your letter.

im guessing some of you out there have an iphone. i have decided to bite the bullet and get one, but im undecided between iphone 4 and the 3gs. which ones better? obviously most would say the iphone 4 but i heard there was problems with this phone. some have told me the 3gs is better than iphone 4 so im not sure which one to go for.

can get iphone 4 for £230 on contract or £200 for 3gs on a 12 month contract. advice please?!

Desire is old. HTC are stuck using old lcd screens because of a shortage of amoled screens.

Best phone in the world is the samsung galaxy s, beer than the Desire in every way. The super amoled screen is a joy to behold.

Pop over to the tech forum and enjoy the android vs apple debate that will resurface by your question.

I'll get in early and say you'd be mad to buy an over priced iphone. Cheaper and better, that is what the best android phones are.

8 minutes CV, you are slowing up mate.......

If you choice is 3GS or pay the extra £30 and go for the Iphone 4 definitely spend the extra £30.00. Check out T3 and Stuff.tv website for some reviews and then you can make a considered choice.

Â