The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

If you buy a PAYG iPhone are you sure you can then use a pay monthly o2 simplicity sim?

Of course if you do this you can only have unlimited internet or unlimited wifi unless you pay another £7.50 a month for that bolt-on too.

So its not really like for like.

I might be reading this wrong, but "or unlimited wifi" implies that it is a term of any tarriff you would have to opt into.

I would imagine the vast majority of people would have a WiFi network completely seperate from their mobile phone and they are free to use any device on it they wish. There is no way a provider can prevent you accessing WiFi on an iPhone, surely?

If you buy a PAYG iPhone are you sure you can then use a pay monthly o2 simplicity sim?

Of course if you do this you can only have unlimited internet or unlimited wifi unless you pay another £7.50 a month for that bolt-on too.

So its not really like for like.

I might be reading this wrong, but "or unlimited wifi" implies that it is a term of any tarriff you would have to opt into.

I would imagine the vast majority of people would have a WiFi network completely seperate from their mobile phone and they are free to use any device on it they wish. There is no way a provider can prevent you accessing WiFi on an iPhone, surely?

I think he means free wifi as in with BTOpenZone and the Clud, out an about in the city if you like, not the wifi in yer house

I'll be a sad bastard and update this thread with the news;

Iphone and Ipod touch news: Boring bits here too...

****Am constantly updating****

18.48: And here comes the iPhone 3.0 announcements. What we've all been waiting for! The SDK has been downloaded over a million times, and there are mre than 50,000 apps in the App Store. More than 40,000,000 iPhones and iPod Touches have been sold

18.51: It's all about the games and developers expressing their excitement about developing for the iPhone.

18.55: So, here comes the talk about the new iPhone 3.0 OS. The major updates, as most of you will know, it features cut copy and paste that works across apps, undo support, developer APIs and landscape keyboard that works in email, notes and messages. Hurrah! MMS messaging is supported.

18.59: Universal search across calendars, music, notes and email is now available in iPhone 3.0. iTunes will allow you to rent and purchase movies, plus TV shows, music videos and audio books, all over 3G.

19.01: You can use your iPhone as a 3G modem with tethering on Macs and PCs using Bluetooth or USB

19.03: Loads of updates in Safari for iPhone. Support for HTTP streaming for audio and video, with bitrate data adjusting according to your connection. Autofill means your device will save usernames and passwords.

19.06: Find My iPhone is another new feature and available for MobileMe customers. You can see exactly where your iPhone is on a map. You can also message your iPhone to find out whether you left it in silent mode too. You can also wipe the phone if you think it's been stolen, but if you find it again you can of course restore the data by re-synching with your iTunes account.

19.11: In iPhone 3.0, developers can build apps that link to hardware better, such as the One Touch glucose monitor. Google Maps are also available for developers to use in any application with full functionality including panning and zooming, current location, and turn by turn directions.

19.16: Lots of news for Asphalt 5 for the iPhone. You can listen you your own iTunes while racing cars and motorcycles around the world. you can also race against other players over Wi-Fi.

19.18: Push notifications as used by Airstrip Technologies. It can push information to and from thedoctor and patient. It can also transmit EKG information over 3G. It allows doctors to 'tap the pause, scroll back over time…pinch zoom…and enable touch calibration to measure the distance of a cardiac event.'

19.23: Ooh, a SatNav application by TomTom, available to buy on the App Store! Both applications and accessories will be available on the store. The app looks exactly like standalone TomTom device. There's also a holder for your iPhone that mounts on the windscreen so you don't break any of those rules of touching your phone wile driving.

19.27: Ngmoco Games is up next with Star Defense. It's a tower defence game. The plus network allows you to play head to head over the internet any time anywhere. Star Defence is available to download today.

AT&T users won't get tethering at all and will not get MMS for a few months.

19.42: iPhone OS 3.0 will be available from the 17th June. For developers, it's available today.

Well I am seriously underwelmed by the new Iphone - I guess its the current version for me...........................possibly

How come? The new version is everything everyone expected it to be surely? Higher capacity, better camera, few tweaks here and there.

I'll be getting one as i'm currently sporting a £25 Nokia 2630! My other phone died a few weeks back!

Current 3G free on £35 contract - new 3GS £185 plus and then £35 per month all for a slightly better camera, and a bigger capacity which isnt really a problem for me.

Simple maths really

Â