The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Most of the people who got them after me said the same, after looking at mine, playing with it and seeing how awesome it was, they were counting down the days till their contacts expired. Infact one person paid £150 to get out of his Orange contract so he could get the Iphone, insane.

After having a Nokia N95 at work I cannot believe anyone could rate a Nokia phone as anything other than poor.

The Ominia has similar storage capacity as an Iphone but as it runs WM6.1 it needs tweaking to get it to do stuff as you want it. Just because you can tweak a phone isnt always a good thing and I have had three windows phones.

I will see what announcements are made in the next couple of days before deciding wether I go for V2 or V3 of the Iphone.

Bicks is right about the tariff when you consider you get free wifi at bt openzone and the cloud as well as free internet via 3g it is a bargain

Most of the people who got them after me said the same, after looking at mine, playing with it and seeing how awesome it was, they were counting down the days till their contacts expired. Infact one person paid £150 to get out of his Orange contract so he could get the Iphone, insane.

He should have just bought an iPhone on its own and unlocked it for Orange like i do..

Yeah but thats £300 for the Iphone, £25 to get it unlocked instead of £150 to buy his contract out and then get the Iphone with free internet / wifi etc and all the bits for £50 p/m.

i get unlimted internet with orange, unlimted texts. 600min for less than 02 charge plus i had a free phone. The bargain line doesn't work i'm afraid.

How much do you pay a month then

Yeah but thats £300 for the Iphone, £25 to get it unlocked instead of £150 to buy his contract out and then get the Iphone with free internet / wifi etc and all the bits for £50 p/m.

£150 + (£50 x 18 ) = £1050

PAYG iPhone = £300 + £19.58p/m (o2 simlicity tariff 600 mins 1200 texts plus unlimited internet NO CONTRACT) seems a better deal.

Based over 18 months for comparison.

£300 + (£19.58 x 18 ) = £652

i get unlimted internet with orange, unlimted texts. 600min for less than 02 charge plus i had a free phone. The bargain line doesn't work i'm afraid.

Oh it's certainly not a bargain. It's expensive because O2 paid Apple a shitload to be the only ones allowed to sell their phones. Consequently they can charge what they like, and if people want an iPhone they will pay what O2 want. If Orange or something were to join the race then they'd be competing for contracts and prices would soon plummet.

iPhone certainly isn't a bargain. But what it is, IMO of course, is well worth the money.

My old man just picked up a

Its an awesome bit of kit. I just like the app store and third party support for the iPhone. iTrip is one of the best things ever. :nod:

If you buy a PAYG iPhone are you sure you can then use a pay monthly o2 simplicity sim?

Of course, thats the whole idea! You can even unlock it at home in about 10 mins and put any sim you like in it.

If you buy a PAYG iPhone are you sure you can then use a pay monthly o2 simplicity sim?

Of course if you do this you can only have unlimited internet or unlimited wifi unless you pay another £7.50 a month for that bolt-on too.

So its not really like for like.

Â