The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I'm amazed at that, really they let their entire phone leak months in advance and then didn't have a single new feature even in iOS to bring to the smartphone world. Amazed.

The phone looked good in 2010, but seriously? Are they gonna go with this model for another 2 years? Big gamble sticking with pretty much identical look.

Had an original HTC Desire for 2 years, loved it to bits then switched to an iPhone 4s in April and have loved that as well so I'm not biased.

What an underwhelming reveal, no innovation, stolen ideas, still using good but what is now outdated tech, no attempt to get with the times, boring, boring, boring............yet depressingly it will still sell stupid amounts.

I somewhat regret switching to the 4s, it's a fantastic phone, especially to me as its my first encounter with iOS but I wish I had waited a little bit and got the galaxy s3 instead.

Underwhelming is the only word to describe this.

Love to hear from iphone owners, is there enough to make you upgrade.

Really suprised at what hasnt been added really

Nope

All a bit meh really.

Don't know what to do now, my nearly 2 1/2 yr old 4 is on its last legs.

Just read an article on the BBC website about the iphone and apple, and in it the author states that Apple spend only 2% of their revenues on R&D. Google and Microsoft spend 14%.

Steve Jobs I suspect would not be happy at the leaks and not be happy with the new phone.

I wish I could climb through the screen and punch the iPhone fanboi nerds they are having up on the vergecast. They are such a disgrace to their site, trying to talk up anything.

"I know it's not a new feature but it's great to have this feature on the iPhone " They said it over and over. **** Americans, can't stand their till the end pro Apple bullshit.

So there ya go. Apple could announce a shoe call it the iPhone and US tech sites would still talk it up. Idiots.

Apple fanbois are commonplace. Most Android fanbois are just people who know what they are talking about.

Brilliant :D

Didn't bother reading the rest

That's why we win every discussion. We know what we're talking about 8)

Best to leave discussions than get embarrassed. :lol:

:)

I wasn't talking about people who know what they're talking about. Obviously Android fans will win because you're right, Android is better.

What I'm talking about are the people who LOVE to tell you how good their phone is, and jump at every chance to shit on iPhones and remind you that an iPhone isn't as good as *insert name of other phone here*

My point was, in my experience, I've met a lot more people who are like that who own non-apple phones than the other way around. A LOT.

Anyway, as Rev said, no-one gives a shit.

Apple fanbois are commonplace. Most Android fanbois are just people who know what they are talking about.

If you asked an iPhone user why they picked the iPhone most will give you zero reason that has anything to do with features, it'll be to do with brand.

If you asked the average person why they chose that car they will be able to give you reasons.

If you asked the average Android user why they picked that particular phone they will likely give you reasons why.

Here is where the consternation lies, people buy Apple products for reasons they couldn't articulate themselves. But general consumer ignorance of a sector like smartphones won't last forever.

Apples current iPhone success has been to do with the belief among the average user that the iPhone is more accessible as a first time smarthpone. Most have no real idea what to expect when they buy, they just see the market migrating to smartphones and the iPhone is the obvious choice. But you can't mop up first time buyers forever. Eventually people get used to their phones and then can define what they want from them. Then you have a normal competitive market, not the market Apple has enjoyed in recent years where it has had a head start as it's revolutionised a sector with a product like the iPhone for example.

Today Apple is about to move further behind the competition when it announces absolutely zero new features to the smartphone sector in its new iPhone, all features are merely catch up. We can only hope this will lead to tech sites - in the US in particular -finally having to face the inevitable, to criticise the iPhone for no longer innovating in the sector is revolutionised.

257866_o.gif

After the initial dissapointment of a similar design and screen size I am starting to warm to it.

It does look a very nice phone and has a quality to it. The processor looks like it will kick the arse out of anything out there ATM. I was researching earlier about the s3 and 4s side by side comparisons and the 4s was faster, this new chip is apparently twice as fast as the one found the 4s.

It has LTE, I couldn't find a definitive answer if this is on the S3 there was some talk of software updates and there is an EE exclusive LTE handset on the way but it will be expensive I imagine.

I'm still dissapointed with iOS and would like to give android a whirl but then do I stick with what I know? I am also in the position whereby everything in the house is apple and it does all sync perfectly but then I ask myself how often I use the phone for media applications at home.

I was hoping to be tempted to go back to Apple. Basically I was hoping that the screen would be bigger (not just longer but bigger on the whole) and that they would shake it up a bit. They haven't though so I'll be sticking with my S2 and upgrading next summer. Hopefully to another Android handset as at least they try to push the technology.

Pretty much the same as above. I've still got over 18 months left on my new S3 contract so I wouldn't be changing anyway, but I was half expecting to be regretting (to an extent) my S3 decision this morning.

As I've said before, I'd have had no problem switching back to Apple in the future if this phone had been really good. But it's underwhelming to say the least, imo.

So I'm justified in my decision.

Â