• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey HT)
    • Delfouneso (for Delph 75)

Don't understand the criticism I thought we played well in the circumstances, it was a great cup tie and the draw was a fair result.

Thought Carew did really well when he came on, much better from him.

Didn't think Delph was all that great, a bit over rated on here IMO. Yes he's shown glimpses of quality but he also still looks very raw to me.

Personally I'm more excited by Delfouneso who was great in the time he had, and unlike Delph has delivered in pretty much every game he's been thrown into. Really hope he starts in the replay.

I'd play that team in the replay at VP, if we lose who gives a monkeys, we have a squad bloody play it!!!!!

Er...I would care if we lost. We have a real good chance of making the Semis which would be another trip to wembley.

Anyway, I think todays performance was not a bad as some are saying.

It was a battling cup tie at a muddy selhurst park. We were never going to be stroking the ball around at will with them stomping on our feet and elbowing our faces in the mud and rain.

For all their battle they hardly created anything and they will have a much tougher time of it in a replay. I think we could make a few changes and put together a professional performance at home to go through.

Good game today but not a great performance. We were struggling to create chances until the last 20 minutes.

heskey up front on his own was a **** nightmare. Carew was miles better when he came on. Hopefully he can return to somewhere near top form, give us some more options up front.

Defence were reasonable. Friedel at fault for the first. Not too sure about the second. great free kick but from that far out the keeper's always got a chance.

Delp looked decent again.

Lost £550 on 4/5 win... congrats to all those that wanted to make mass changes....

So you lost a tenner in an accumulator.

Are you AVFC-pride of brum in disguise?..

What part of i lost £550 on a 4/5 is it your not getting old fruit...

So you layed a £550 stake? If so, thats your stupid fault.

Guest Ricardomeister
poor performance again

A pretty poor performance with the usual predictable and one dimensional play
Sorry, it wasn't a poor performance.

It was a typical cup tie against a side from a lower division who have their tails up after taking a Premiership scalp and who fancied another one. Villa did well to hang in there and we now have a chance to calm things down and play a more controlled game at Villa Park.

Sorry, it was a poor performance in my opinion, just as it was not a poor performance in your opinion

Was at Selhurst today. We obviously weren't at our best but I didn't think we were as bad as some are suggesting. As Wolves showed in the last round it's very easy to lose these games. Provided we get through no one will remember we were within a couple of minutes of going out.

The Palace team and their fans were well up for the game and fair play to them. The fans created probably the best atmosphere I've experienced this season.

Delfouneso and Agbonlahor up front for me. Gabby has the ability to hold the ball up, although not quite as effectively as Carew or Heskey. Wee Nathan isn't so wee either, 6 "1 and has a frame that he'll grow into. He should have started the game, he's a goal threat.

(Post edited - Trent)

With all due respect you posted on a public forum and I replied. I wasn't aware I needed an invite to reply to your posts or dare to ask you a question. I shall note it for future reference.

Oh, and I'm guessing you lost a quid in reality.

Earlier this season after the Anfield and Old Trafford wins, all the media and 'experts' commented on it being down to bad performances by Liverpool and Man Utd. This totally pissed me off as I didn't think we were given enough credit for our own play.

This is exactly what I'm reading here. This was Crystal Palace's cup final. They were very much up for it, had a well planned game and stuck to it. Even so, I think we were below par in certain areas

I still think we created more and better chances than them and 100% believe that we will go through.

So well done Palace you did great!

Some ratings:

Friedel 5- at fault for the first and maybe a bit slow getting to the second. Otherwise, OK.

L.Young 7- solid game

Dunne 7.5*- solid again

Collins 6.5- good goal but I worry about him at times in the air

Warnock 5.5- offered a bit going forwards but wasn't tight enough and gave away possession sloppily at times

Petrov 6.5- didn't notice he was playing until he played a nice pass, and of course the goal which has become a collector's item

Delph 6.5- some good vision. Not convinced by him in the holding role though, prefer to see him further forward

A.Young 5- wasteful on the ball and passing

Downing 6- did one or two good things including a great ball for the goal.

Milner 5- didn't notice him

Heskey 6.5- shame he had nobody with him

-

Carew 6- two good openings but failed to score

Fonz 7- bright and showed an excellent touch

Palace worked very hard. My only gripe was the lack of any innovation through the middle, we deserved our 'set-piece kings' label today.

The goalkeeping position is open again for the final after that display from Brad Senior.

Ref didn't help. Far too stop-start for petty decisions which resulted in hoofball tactics and a scrappy game. Good result.

Just got back. What a game! I know we drew but it always feels like a win when you snatch a late equalizer. I think it was pretty cocky of the Palace fans to sing "We're going to Wembley" before the final whistle. Oh well, we got the last laugh. Let's thrash them in the replay!

£550. Ouch.

Mass changes? 4/5 changes? Who knows, might of battled harder.

4/5 Being the odds mate... Congrats to you and pals wanting mass changes!..

No, I'm saying how is 4/5 changes, mass changes?

Who knows, they might of competed better and Delfouneso's pace had he played might of got in behind alot more and caused more problems.

I take it your not very old kid... Hence odds 4/5.....

Never mind...

**** me.

NO...

Most people on the match thread wrote down a team sheet containing 4/5 changes. I'M SAYING HOW IS 4 OR 5 CHANGES MASS CHANGES.