• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey HT)
    • Delfouneso (for Delph 75)

I thought everyone played well except Heskey who wasnt on long due to injury. Carew did well and id like to see him start the cup finalahead of Heskey. Delfouneso did very well for the time he got and think he should e a definite starter for the replay. delph did well, nothing amazing but did his shift. Defense was fairly solid as usual and Friedel was crowded out for the first goal, in the Premier league i think a foul would have been given.Play Guzan in the replay and Friedel in the final ;)

Obviously these guys only listened to what ITV had to say.

Palace Forum

Great noise from the palace fans too. Villa very quiet. Sing when they're drawing indeed.

The fans were amazing, what a great atmosphere it was. The place was absolutely rocking today, and i enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone went mental after Ambrose's goal, and we just outsang Villa most of the game as they only sang when they scored.

Reading the other posts they seem to genuinely believe they created the greatest atmosphere of all time yesterday.

How easy is it to get tickets to the semis at Wembley? Yeah, I know we're not even through to the quarter finals yet but it's definitely a game I'd like to go to should we make it that far.

I just read someone said it would be easier...far from it - far as I know we get less tickets for the FA Cup semi than we do for the Carling Cup final.

I watched the game on ITV and all I could ever hear was the Villa fans! Palace rocket polishers!

even my gf said, 'I thought you were the away side, dont you have less fans then them there?' as a watched on ITV and sang along with the booming renditions of the Villa classics!!!

Big applause to all the travelling fans. Very Very loud

Obviously these guys only listened to what ITV had to say.

Palace Forum

Great noise from the palace fans too. Villa very quiet. Sing when they're drawing indeed.

The fans were amazing, what a great atmosphere it was. The place was absolutely rocking today, and i enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone went mental after Ambrose's goal, and we just outsang Villa most of the game as they only sang when they scored.

Reading the other posts they seem to genuinely believe they created the greatest atmosphere of all time yesterday.

Anyone would think they had won 3-0 from some of the reactions on there. We had more than enough chances to win the game second half, and in that period I'm struggling to think of a testing shot they ahd apart from the goal.

How easy is it to get tickets to the semis at Wembley? Yeah, I know we're not even through to the quarter finals yet but it's definitely a game I'd like to go to should we make it that far.

I just read someone said it would be easier...far from it - far as I know we get less tickets for the FA Cup semi than we do for the Carling Cup final.

I think the Semi is very similar to the Carling Cup in terms of allocation, but the actual final itself is when the corporate clowns show up.

It would depend if we got Chelsea too because a Villa v Chelsea final would attract more corporate clowns than a Villa Fulham, if we played Chelsea we'd get about 23000 but if we played Fulham or someone we'd get about 26000. If we had played Man City in the Carling Cup final we would have got just over 33000 allocation

We got lucky and we probably deserve to be out.

Fair play to Palace, they worked hard, they looked organised and they looked like everybody knew their job. That gave them the confidence to build their way into the game and the discipline to stay on top for much of it.

So the exact opposite of us then.

We worked hard enough, but we can only play 4-5-1 with Gabby. The strengths of both Carew and Heskey are in bringing their strike partner into play, play them on their own and you lose all the things they are good at.

Without Gabby the midfield looked confused and seemed to be searching for a pattern they couldn't find; the nearest we got to that pattern was Warnock's excellent overlapping and for much of the game that was our only threat.

We looked disorganised and that lack of a plan drained our confidence. It wasn't working after three minutes and we didn't change until seventy minutes later.

Martin O'Neill got this one very wrong and we're lucky to still be here.

I thought Warnock did well, Delfouneso when he came on too and Petrov worked his socks off to keep us in it.

Warnock showed himself to be an ungracious tit in his interview which comes as no surprise and failed to mention the fact that the referee stood three yards away from Alan Lee as he threw a vicious elbow into Stephen Warnock's face and decided it merited a yellow card. That one was a shocker and Lee should by rights be looking at a four match ban.

I've developed no love for Palace and I hope we batter them at Villa Park.

Sums it up for me. Very poor performance and we are lucky to still be in this

Just thankful for being still in the cup.

If we had played well it was going to be a hard tie for us, truth is, we didn't.

We looked dodgy all over, Collins was shaky, so was Friedal, and Warnock, and Milner, and Downing, and the least said about Heskey and Carew, the better.

Bad performanc, got away with it, lets take advantage next Wednesday and all will be fine.

Remember, Cardiff outplayed us pack in September, and should have won it in the last minute - look where that got us !.

Petrov MOTM but really by default.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=197314

Yeah the palace fans were amazing. This is just one example of them being great. I hope an investigation is forthcomming.