General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

1. Membership scheme: Nicky Keye is evaluating the membership scheme idea at this time. We will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for the update on my idea, proof if there ever was any that you really listen to the fans. This is why I love Aston Villa.

Keep it up General.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Membership scheme: Nicky Keye is evaluating the membership scheme idea at this time. We will keep everyone posted.

2. iPhone app: Yes, we will have an iPhone app...it will hopefully be out very shortly. I have seen it in rough form and it is going to be superb.

3. Ahhhh Henrik_7 my lad....good try!!! I do find it very interesting that you have caught on to the fact that some small number of Villa Fans do not appreciate what MON has done for the Club. If we just look at this year: 1) Youth team in the championship, 2) Reserves in the championship, 3) Won the Peace Cup, 4) two trips to Wembley, 5) fighting for a spot in Europe, 6) beat some very strong teams, etc. etc. Some people just don't seem to always appreciate what they have until they lose it. We don't want to lose our Manager.

General K,

Fantastic summing up as to why some fans just don't realise what we have.

With this in mind can we take this that the board and Randy are fully committed to keeping MON here next season and backing him again in the transfer market as they have done so every year so far?

I trust all of the teams and staff involved in the Youth and Reserves will get to do a lap of honour after the Blackburn game along wiht the first team and MON?

3. Ahhhh Henrik_7 my lad....good try!!! I do find it very interesting that you have caught on to the fact that some small number of Villa Fans do not appreciate what MON has done for the Club. If we just look at this year: 1) Youth team in the championship, 2) Reserves in the championship, 3) Won the Peace Cup, 4) two trips to Wembley, 5) fighting for a spot in Europe, 6) beat some very strong teams, etc. etc. Some people just don't seem to always appreciate what they have until they lose it. We don't want to lose our Manager.

And likewise, the manager hasn't always appreciated the fans. The comment about not knowing what you have until you lose it applies both ways, although the manager does seem to have been unusually willing to praise the fans lately.

And likewise, the manager hasn't always appreciated the fans. The comment about not knowing what you have until you lose it applies both ways, although the manager does seem to have been unusually willing to praise the fans lately.

Sorry, but MON has a right to feel agrieved with the fans booing the team off the field FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. Terrible, and makes me ashamed at times.

General, I'm an avid MON supporter, while at times I do question decisions (as do most fans) would like to sound out that the majority of villa fans I know appreciated everything the man has done for us. I for one would be sad to see him leave and hope you can let MON and the team know that they've done us proud whether the season ends with disappointment or joy- the overall season has been an enjoyable roller-coaster ride. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. VR07

Nice to see where you and our great owner Randy Lerner stand with regards to the manager.

Thank you.

Dear General,

As our season has effectively ended today, could I please extend my thanks to yourself, Randy, MON, the players, and everyone connected with Aston Villa for another great season. Also, our appreciation to James Milner for deservedly being named as the Young Player of the Year (which you rightly predicted).

Naturally, like yourselves, we as supporters are disappointed by missing out on 4th spot and a trophy.

However, to achieve what we have, has been nothing short of superb given our limitations.

We hope that MON agrees to stay and continues to work towards improving Aston Villa and ensuring that we battle for 4th place again next year and beyond.

We look forward to seeing these developments throughout the summer and seeing the squad improve in terms of quality and numbers.

UTV

P.S. Is there anyway that you could convince James Milner to stand for election please? Im sure everyone would love to have him as Prime Minister of the country.

General, we have unquestionably improved year on year, we may not have got CL football this year but poeple have to remember what we're competing with. We've improved our points total in a harder league, what more could you ask for?

Keep up the great work, and bring on next season. UTV

General Krulak here:

with all due respect to you and the rest of the management personnel at the club, i really do feel that the club collectively are making an issue out of something that doesnt exist. a small number of fans of EVERY club will never be happy - even alex ferguson has his critics within old trafford unbelievably.

during this season the manager in particular has drawn attention to the fact that he doesnt get undying support for every minute of every game - that is not something unique to the villa. the manager commenting upon it IS. as a result of this the national press has started to label villa fans as unreasonable, unrealistic and overly demanding - culminating in comments such as mark lawrensons on the bbc this weekend.

the manager has the luxury of being able to express himself at his leisure via the press - supporters dont. if you wish supporters to either say positive things or say nothing, can i suggest that maybe a similar example should be set by the public mouth-piece of aston villa?

thankyou in any case for providing such a fantastic link between the club and its supporters where issues and ideas can be exchanged and discussed.

i appologise for such a long post but if i can leave you with one thought - supporters who criticise are only doing it because they want the club to be even better, not because they want it to fail.

Gen

First of all - I agree with RJShare.

However, on the other side.

I have been critical of MON this year, and I'll be honest, I don't really like his public persona (obviously I don't know him personally).

However, he is the manager of our football club. Although I question his tactics, the undeniable fact is, we have improved again this year. Not in position, but in points, the length we've been in it, the cups, and the emergence of a bit of youth (Fonz especially).

So am I happy - yes.

Football is a passionate game, and we wouldn't have it any other way, we all love to moan about it, it's what we pay for.

But (maybe a week early, but you know what I mean) it is now the end, we can take a breath and take stock. We hopefully will end on 67 points, we have had a cup final, a cup semi final and two wins agaiinst the Blues.

Nice year - could be better - 5 places better to be exact, but it could be a HELL of a lot worse.

Lets face it - get an extra 3 points and an extra win in a cup next year and it will go down as the best year in 30 !.

So MON still has my support. All we can say now is we know money is tight, but we are close - lets support the manager to go that last step. I can't see why he wouldn't , a) why would we doubt him, he has done nothing but good, and, B) Randy can obviously see what we all can see, and what we could achieve if we just fix it.

First stop - Sunderland - Darren Bent please :D

Paul

PS - I'm proud to be a Villan and more to the point - I am proud YOU are a Villan !

General Krulak here:

1. rjshare: I am not sure what you are saying. I was not mentioning these statistics as a defense of MON....but, rather, a statement of what has been accomplished this season. Neither Randy nor I feel any need to take up a defense of our Manager...his performance is there for all to see and measure. All I was saying is that when you measure his performance, understand that we need to look at the entire scope of the Club and what has been accomplished on the Pitch and at all levels. I think that if we are all honest, we would say that the performance has been pretty darn good.

2. paulanddonya: I am sure that MON and Randy will work very hard to do what is right for the Club. Neither one of them wants to do what is wrong!

General: is it understood at the club that the majority of fans might want MON to stay, but will comment on occasion on poor team selection, indifferent home form and the like?

This might occasionally manifest in the side being booed off at full (or indeed half) time, if supporters don't feel the level of performance is up to standard, at is mirrored at grounds up and down the country. Only managers of other clubs don't seem to trade in thinly vailed digs at their own support base when it does occur. Is there any other industry you are aware of that blames or trys to deflect attention onto paying spectators/ customers in this manner?

Does the manager realise this isn't a uniquely Villa trait, or is he trying to use it to his advantage to foster a trench mentality 'us against the world' amongst the players? Alex Ferguson used to do similar earlier into his career at Old Trafford.

I hope it is this, rather than getting his excuses in early or preparing the ground for a possible departure in the summer (how could I ever please such demanding fans et.c).

Thing is, we aren't that demanding. Not really. There is no real suggestion that we should win silverware or finish top 4 as of right. Our recent history isn't consistent with that. We just want to see a side who go about their business in the right way, who look to entertain and win matches at home, for example. And a manager who actually wants to be here.

General Krulak here:

1. There is not much reason for me to continue with the MON dialogue....I have said what I feel in about 100 ways. He is our Manager and has done a fine job for the Club. The results are there for all to see. I was at the Portsmouth game and watched MON walk over to the stands and thank our fans for their support....I have seen him do that many times. He is not anti-fans at all. He is intense and feels each game at the same level or more as the fans. Does booing of his lads get to him? Yes. Does it get to me? Yes. Is that a bad thing? Not in my mind.

Hi General,

Firstly thanks to all for an enjoyable season.

Secondly, nice to see the official site honouring a fan of the club, ie Buck Chinn.

Quality.

Ciao,

Grings

Gereral I just want to congratulate you and the Management on a job well done, one burning question at the back of my mind however....

In your considered opinion what do you estimate to be the biggest animal you could throw over a set of full size goal posts from the edge of the six yard box.

Myself? I think anything weightier than a fully grown Labrador would be a tad ambitious. Maybe something from the sea could offer you that extra leverage. Not sure.

any thoughts welcome.

General,

Great season! And probably going to finish 6th.

This will be the third season in succession we will finish 6th so I hope MON and Randy do everything they can to improve on this in the summer. With Tottenham looking strong and Man City buying their way to the title there is undoubtedly going to be even more competition next season so I just hope the finance are in place for us to push on and compete. I really hope players like Young and Milner stay aswell as they are central to our future. Im sure you will do all you can to keep them at the club.

Keep up the great work.

UpTheVilla!

General Krulak here:

Does booing of his lads get to him? Yes. Does it get to me? Yes. Is that a bad thing? Not in my mind.

I would never boo the players personally, but the very few people who do are still paying customers. You and the manager would do well to remember that before laying into them.