• Cuellar
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delph (on for Heskey 78)

I thought Heskey had a good game. We aren't scoring because the systems teams are playing against us. By playing the extra man in the middle means Heskey had to drop deep tonight, similar thing happened at West Ham. Gabby ran his socks off again, I'm not worried by this dry spell, we will start scoring.

Agree with this, I didn't want Heskey off tonight, I wanted Downing rested and Delph on instead.

I rate Downing and was more than happy with his workrate tonight, he didn't stop and always wanted the ball, but it just wasn't happening for him.

Emile gets a fair bit of stick on here, and at frustrated times I've slagged him a bit myself, but he is a good solid footballer with a wealth of experience, and I'm glad he plays in one of our jerseys.

That said however, If according to MON Delf isn't ready just yet, then we need another striker for competition and other options.

I wonder what that arsenal fan who though Petrov did nothing thought of his performance .. i thought he looked good again tonight .. Fab may be the better player and did some great runs for Arsenal but Petrov wasn't far behind him in the class stakes..

Gabby looked good tonight but wasn't a goal threat

Ash was up for it and seems to be getting back to his best

Downing does seem scared to get hurt which i guess is a throwback to his injury and hopefully he will soon pass the mental block

also concerned by these high floaty crosses we keep putting in ..whip them in with pace boys

a draw was probably a fair result but any team that fields Campbell at the back for 50 + minutes shouldn't be keeping clean sheets

I thought overall the performance was good, just lacked that goal.

I thought Agbonglahor held up the ball well, I think he has a lot more vision and is vastly improved on the last couple of seasons. Same with Heskey, thought he had a good game just lacking that goal scoring quality.

I did think Downing had a poor game but I still think he worked hard and as someone said he missed the overlap that Warnock would usually give him where as L.Young didn't and when he swapped on to the right hand side Cuellar doesn't give much overlap play either.

The Ref was rubbish and so was the linesman.

Just back and thought a point was a fair result.

We had by far the better of the first half with Gabby forcing a decent save from Almunia and Ash going close with the free kick and apart from the Fabregas run and shot that hit the post just before half time Arsenal created nothing.

Second half Arsenal probably edged it but again only really created the one chance through Arshavins run.

Man of the match for me would be between Petrov and Heskey but I've given it to Heskey as I thought he held the ball up really well and brought others into to play. When he went off we certainly looked less of a threat. Petrov was superb and the best midfielder on show tonight for me.

Ref was a joke missing numerous fouls by Arsenal and penalising us for fair tackles. Arseanal also should of had a couple more bookings.

Pretty pleased with a point and very pleased with the performance.

Petrov had a decent game but yet again too many occasions he passed back instead of driving forward and looking for a forward pass.

He did it 2/3 times but not regularly enough.

He did it when there was no option in front of him. I;d rather he played it back and kept posession than a hopeful pass forward.

Thought the ref was the worst ive seen for a long long time.

We looked the better side tonight, but probably paid the price for MON ridiculously not resting more players on the weekend, mainly Downing who looked knackered tonight, and Warnock whom we missed as Cueller again got found out a number of times at RB tonight. Frustrating!

We looked the better side tonight, but probably paid the price for MON ridiculously not resting more players on the weekend, mainly Downing who looked knackered tonight, and Warnock whom we missed as Cueller again got found out a number of times at RB tonight. Frustrating!

I've been impressed with Carlos at CB this season, but he ain't a bloody right back is he? And his distribution was woeful at times.

All round good performance though, shame we couldn't turn it into a win, but we're still hanging on in there. Really think it's time we saw more of Delf - we need goals and he can't do much worse in that respect than our current strikers.

Perhaps a 4 premier league game streak of no goals scored will convince MON to dip into the transfer market? It's obviously too late now but he better do it in the summer.
We'll it doesn't help that we never have anyone forwrd to support anyone who gets into a good advanced position.

Rubbish from MON yet again negative tactics against a team who IMO looked very vulnerable at the back. Only tested the keeper one. Very Poor

I find it ironic that MON has raised peoples' expectations to the point where we're now complaining that we haven't beaten a title challenger :thumb: It's not all bad then.

EDIT : Complaining that we haven't become the first team in the history of the Premier League to beat each of the top 4 in the same season.

Friedel - 7 - Not over worked but what he had to do did well enough.

Cueller - 6 - Still looks uncomfortable at RB but did ok, distribution lacked at times.

L Young - 6.5 - Not as effective as at right back but did a good enough job and made some vital interceptions.

Collins - 7.5 - Strong, love his distribution (majority of time)

Dunne - 8 - Goes above Collins just because of that run! Maybe should have hit the target from a couple of corners.

Downing - 6 - His worst performance for us. Went past his man a few times and his switch of plays are always good, tired early though and shouldve been replaced by Delph.

A Young - 9.5 - Thats the Ashley Young we love... Clichy supposedly one of the best left backs in Europe was destroyed... Thats what we want from him on the right wing...go outside someone and cross..no need to constantly cut back.

Petrov - 8.5 - - His best performance this season, pressed forward more and had more of an impact on the game.

Milner - 7.5 - Not as influential as usual, but always wanted the ball and worked his nuts off. Tracked Cesc all over the pitch and stopped him playing.

Heskey - 8 - His best game of the season, linked up play brilliantly and scared Arsenal when he ran at them, shame he didnt really like scoring.

Gabby - 8 - Keeps getting stronger, couldnt be knocked of the ball and chased well. Besides his opening shot, never looked like scoring.

Delph - 6.5 - Did well enough when we changed formation, not on long enough to make a big impression.

Ref was awful, how clichy stayed on the pitch when he was constantly fouling Young I'll never know.

Crowd - Holte were quite first half, songs seemed to end prematurely. Second half lifted more and on good voice. First time all season I have heard songs started by a group in the lower north..fair play lads.

Petrov had a decent game but yet again too many occasions he passed back instead of driving forward and looking for a forward pass.

He did it 2/3 times but not regularly enough.

He did it when there was no option in front of him. I;d rather he played it back and kept posession than a hopeful pass forward.

Thought the ref was the worst ive seen for a long long time.

I wouldn't say it if he didn't have an option infront of him. On one occasion he had a simple 10 yard pass to Milner to his right, completly free and he passed it 10 yards back to Collins. He doesn't look forward enough. Look at Delph for example, not saying he's better etc or he should be playing etc...but when he picks the ball up deep, he always is looking forward for an option and if nothings on he usually holds on for it a little more waiting before playing it backwards if he has too.

Petrov when he gets it, you just know at some point he's going to turn back and pass it.

Regarding Downing, he had an off day, that is all. He carried on trying and didnt hide from the ball. All players have those kind of games but he's been pretty good lately so let's give him the benefit of the doubt as it's not a regular occurrance.

I think that's a pretty level-headed appraisal.

I thought he had a shocker and I'd agree that he's a good player, he kept on trying but it just wasn't happening.