Carling Cup SF 1st Leg - Friedel or Guzan to start?

Villarocker

Friedel or Guzan to start in 1st Leg on Tuesday?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Friedel or Guzan to start in 1st Leg on Tuesday?

• Friedel
    • Guzan

First time at doing this so pleeeease bear that in mind folks! :winkold:

With Guzan doing so well in the previous rounds of the cups this season, would you start with him against Blackburn on Tuesday night, or would you play Friedel for his experience?

For the record, I would go with Friedel for his superior experience, although there is no doubt that Guzan deserves his chance after his previous achievements this season. Tough one for MON this!

I'd go with Guzan as he deserves it. I also think it's important to continue giving him opportunities otherwise he might start looking elsewhere. I also am fairly sure MON will start him because this is Guzan's competition.

I agree totally that Guzan has been brilliant for us in the cups. it would be really hard on him if he didn't get picked to start, but I just think that MON will go with the experience of Friedel for this one.

It's been a long time since we had two really good 'keepers at the club at the same time. A nice position for us to be in, as long as other clubs keep their filthy mitts away!

You don't tell your Number Two keeper he's going to be first choice in a cup competition and then suddenly fall back on your Number One just because you've got to the semi-finals or the final.

And then again there's his ability to stop a high percentage of penalties. I wonder if we'll persevere with him in the FA Cup too for this reason or whether yesterday he only played for the same reason as the likes of Beye and Delfouneso.

Guzan deserves it and it would be very unfair to drop him now.

Plus there is a very real possibility of it going to penalties on the 2nd leg and i know who id like to see between the posts!

Friedel should just play league matches IMO

Guzan is good enough to start for us in the Premier League, so I think it's fair to him that he plays in all cup matches, and so he can gain experience.

Players like Guzan, NRC and Beye should be starting this game, MON has used the cups as a chance to give Brad sr and Petrov a break and just because we are in a semi i dont think he should stop using his cup team

Players like Guzan, NRC and Beye should be starting this game, MON has used the cups as a chance to give Brad sr and Petrov a break and just because we are in a semi i dont think he should stop using his cup team

Imagine the outrage on here if we play our second string 11 then get beat in a cup semi final and our best chance of a Wembley appearance in years goes up in smoke.

We must play our first team against Blackburn. No excuses.