LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try from another angle, A Typical full strength Blackburn side beat a Typical full strength Villa side at Blackburn earlier in the season 2-1 when both sides were committed.

I like the 'we did the double over them last season and the result in september was a fluke with a late pen that never was' angle

Lot of concern over the weather with their fans at the moment, lets hope it goes ahead.

Interesting, I'm assuming if the first leg gets delayed then so does the second?

Lot of concern over the weather with their fans at the moment, lets hope it goes ahead.

Interesting, I'm assuming if the first leg gets delayed then so does the second?

I have no idea to be honest that would seem logical although they could try and fit it in next week I suppose.

If Milner's out, I hope he doesn't play Reo-Coker and Petrov together, Has to be one or the other and considering Petrov can't seem to line up with anyone else, it would have to be Reo-Coker and Delph in midfield again for me. If Milner's fit though, I don't mind Petrov and Milner, prefer Coker over Petrov, but don't think it makes a big difference.

Villa are serious about winning this so its likely to be as a full strength league line up.

Except the unwritten rule that Guzan must play in cup games, which has been working just fine, so...

Guzan

L. Young

Dunne

Cuellar

Warnock

A. Young

Milner

Petrov

Downing

Heskey

Agbonlahor

Milner is a slight injury doubt, i reckon he'll be fine but if not, was Delph's performance on Saturday enough to give him another try?

I'd expect the safer choice of NRC if Milner doesn't make it.

Lets hope the weather holds up, nice to see Villa in a midweek televised game something i could easily get used to :)

Not going to be an easy game by any means. I did worry when we got this draw that an awful lot of people acted as if we had one foot in the final already. I hope we keep our heads if tomorrow isn't a raving success.

Not going to be an easy game by any means. I did worry when we got this draw that an awful lot of people acted as if we had one foot in the final already. I hope we keep our heads if tomorrow isn't a raving success.
If we can't beat Blackburn over two legs we don't deserve to be in the final.

Despite heavy snow predicted over night tonight, it is thought to be clearing by mid-morning with chances of sunny spells after.

Therefore, if that forecast is right, they grit the surrounding area sufficiently, and the sunny spells help to melt away even some of the snow then I can't see why this game can't go ahead.

I'd be absolutely livid if it got called off, as would every other fan travelling up, particularly as the pitch will definitely be playable. Health & Safety bollocks!