LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

Very good performance from us, as usual when we play it on the ground rather then hoofing it forward we are a huge threat. On the other hand Blackburn look very clueless and it's easy to understand why so little have turned up.

Unimpressed with the ref, mainly for the Agbonlahor decision. Although it was hard to tell it was more of a foul then a dive. Can't blame him for the Samba handball in the end though, impossible to tell, even though he gave it against Heskey...

Milner and Downing have been brilliant.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unlucky not to have had 2 pens,

if gabby would have fell over normally instead of throwing himself on the floor i think we might have got the first. there was contact but it did look like a dive in real time

2nd one obvious handball

need to capitalize on this now. when we play it on the floor we look good. makes you wonder why we seem to want to give it to carlos all the time and punt from the back so much. i reckon we can get down the left hand side easier and should attack down that side more

After seeing the handball several times I seriously can't see how it got given against us. All you can see are long white sleeves smacking the ball, I thought the entire point of different colour kits were for the easy identification of teams? Maybe it's time we issued the team with claret gloves to ensure incompetant refs can see when we don't handle the ball?

Demitri_C.

How has Heskey been poor? I think he's give the ball away a total of about once. All he's doing for us dropping into the hole, finding good positions and allowing midfield to play off him.

i agree, apart from dwindling then rushing with his chance he's been exactly what we need him to be IMO

Not been any arguments over either pen that the rest of you are talking about. We are too far away.

It would have been interesting to see if he'd have made the same decisions in front of the Villa fans.

It depends who had hold of the IOUs.

Oops, sorry, that was terribly naughty. :oops:

sorry - i really think gabby asked for his yellow. he should have just kept running - that way he would have made contact with the lunging foot that the defender had clumsily left in his way and got a legitimate pen. as it was he cleared it like sergei bubka minus the stick and made himself look a right t1t. the ref has been cack all game but if it had been the other way we would have been screaming "cheat" before he had time to land.

How has Heskey been poor? I think he's give the ball away a total of about once. All he's doing for us dropping into the hole, finding good positions and allowing midfield to play off him.

he keeps falling on the floor and losing the ball wrecklessly. that chance he had was very poor and he reacted so slow. hopefully he will be better in 2nd half